And, we’re off.......2018/2019

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It’s pointless moaning about players diving I’ve criticized our players in the past for diving.

All teams have players that dive including yours it’s part of the game now.

If you take that approach theyve won, the only way the game is rid of it is if fans keep criticising especially their own!

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just seen the goals again, and apart from the Zinchenko cross/goal it looks like KDBs header was the furthest goal out with most in the 6 yd box.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Hey, there could be a 10 nil upset in the reverse leg. Any thing is possible.

I am not putting any money on it, obvioisly.

Good odds though.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
If you take that approach theyve won, the only way the game is rid of it is if fans keep criticising especially their own!

That's never going to happen the fans are the last people to be listen to, and it's being drummed into fans by the pundits that it's acceptable to go down with the slightest touch,and most fans are to fickle to criticise their own team.

Managers could stop diving but that won't happen, referees have a difficult job players will dive if they think they will get away with it but at least some are being booked , maybe a straight red might help.

D

Deleted member 1740

Ramsey to Juventus done according to Sky, good move for the lad.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
As daft as it seems, when we were 1-0 I thought we were rubbish, worst I had seen us play this year. Burton manager dropped a Major one by going to a flat back four in the second half. Mistake of Klopp proportions 😁
Sorry but what do you suggest he should have done at 4-0 down by half time against the country's best team?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ramsey to Juventus done according to Sky, good move for the lad.
I was quite surprised at that actually. I thought he'd go somewhere where he could actually get in the team. Following in the footsteps of John Charles and Ian Rush though I guess.

A lot of paper talk about Chelsea going for Callum Wilson. I thought they'd be going for a higher calibre to be honest. Good player, but good enough for top four? I'm not convinced. Obviously doesn't have a great injury record either.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was quite surprised at that actually. I thought he'd go somewhere where he could actually get in the team. Following in the footsteps of John Charles and Ian Rush though I guess.

A lot of paper talk about Chelsea going for Callum Wilson. I thought they'd be going for a higher calibre to be honest. Good player, but good enough for top four? I'm not convinced. Obviously doesn't have a great injury record either.
That screams of a classic short term, January panic buy. If he goes he will get a whopping pay rise and can sit next to Danny Drinkwater, and numerous others who have become forgotten men, on the bench and discuss what they can spend their money on beyond splinter removal therapy. Good money move, bad career move.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Sorry but what do you suggest he should have done at 4-0 down by half time against the country's best team?
By creating a back four, he made the game easier for City to exploit the spaces. Burton were not the only ones that have played five at the back. The second half was just an onslaught.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
By creating a back four, he made the game easier for City to exploit the spaces. Burton were not the only ones that have played five at the back. The second half was just an onslaught.

I don’t think the tactical decision had any effect. They conceded 3 in ten minutes in the first half. So 5 in the second half wasn’t exactly a shock. City’s team (and that of most top clubs) have players who’s wages are greater than Burtons entire purchase and running cost.

My only surprise was how many first teamers played for city. If ever a development squad could have been used it was last night.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don’t think the tactical decision had any effect. They conceded 3 in ten minutes in the first half. So 5 in the second half wasn’t exactly a shock. City’s team (and that of most top clubs) have players who’s wages are greater than Burtons entire purchase and running cost.

My only surprise was how many first teamers played for city. If ever a development squad could have been used it was last night.
Yeah this, obviously. There is absolutely zero he could have done prevent City scoring a hatful of goals. Similar to us v Tranmere last week, once you get the second half the smaller team is usually knackered from chasing shadows anyway so more space opens up regardless.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

I thought the same but by doing this he has finished the tie as a contest and it frees up the second leg. I also looked at City's upcoming fixtures. They don't play until Monday now, they have a relatively light run after than, plenty of days off I mean, and killing the second leg frees up players a little later on. It makes a little more sense when you see the month ahead.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I thought the same but by doing this he has finished the tie as a contest and it frees up the second leg. I also looked at City's upcoming fixtures. They don't play until Monday now, they have a relatively light run after than, plenty of days off I mean, and killing the second leg frees up players a little later on. It makes a little more sense when you see the month ahead.

For the first team I totally see the benefit. But, we already know how good the first team is. The reserves, youths or whoever plays the second leg will learn nothing imo. I mean how on Earth do you approach a 9nil lead?

That team could of had Foden at least in there. Unfortunately I fear city following Chelsea in being team that runs a youth team for profit. Sancho and Diaz(?) could be the replica mistakes to De Bruyne......

I saw Pep call for a second league like they have in Spain. I’m certainly against that. The top teams have enough of a cushion already.