And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Arnautovic wants to go to China eh? Don’t see the attraction even with that amount of money on the table.
A player in their prime who goes there is doing it purely for money. Each game will be a walk in the park for him against pub standard defences, so no challenge or prestige at all. Then again, you can't fault him for wanting to get as far away from West Ham as possible. :D

D

Deleted member 15344

If he's keen to leave West Ham, would bloody love him at Everton. Just the sort of guy we need leading our line!

He has said he wants to win things and Champions League football - rules Everton out I’m afraid 👍😉

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
A player in their prime who goes there is doing it purely for money. Each game will be a walk in the park for him against pub standard defences, so no challenge or prestige at all. Then again, you can't fault him for wanting to get as far away from West Ham as possible. :D
Definitely an interesting decision. I don't see how he'll get stretched and I don't know where the challenge lies for him. If he goes, I reckon two years and he'll get itch feet and want to move on

D

Deleted member 15344

If he goes to China you can see why - £10m a year , double what West Ham are paying and it sets him up for life and he will know doubt at least have a chance of winning things over there

Last edited by a moderator:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I don’t think the tactical decision had any effect. They conceded 3 in ten minutes in the first half. So 5 in the second half wasn’t exactly a shock. City’s team (and that of most top clubs) have players who’s wages are greater than Burtons entire purchase and running cost.

My only surprise was how many first teamers played for city. If ever a development squad could have been used it was last night.
At the moment, it was said that City have at least 4games more this season than Liverpool. Apparantly PE/Coty wanted this semi won in the first leg so he could rest first teamers for the second. Going through the team. Walker has been Sane and D Silva were the only players that have been first choice over the last month. None of the other nine have.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Pep has said he now has the chance to rest his first choice squad and I would suggest that'll stretch to the bench too and so definitely a second string for the second leg. It's understandable as this cup is the lowest priority. I still think this second string will nick another win

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Listening to talk sport an hour or so ago. They were on about Arsenal only being able to sign loan players. Said how shocking it was. Then said " the more they see the more they are in admiration of shiek Mansoors spending in and around City's ground".

D

Deleted member 15344

Can you, unless money dominates his reason?

Surely there must be a professional pride and he must already be made for life.

Really ? The whole game is dominated by money and has been for ages , there aren’t many people in this world that will turn down the chance to double their money - it’s prob his last big contract in his career so he is going to maximise his wages. Money dominates 99% of players and prob managers

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
At the moment, it was said that City have at least 4games more this season than Liverpool. Apparantly PE/Coty wanted this semi won in the first leg so he could rest first teamers for the second. Going through the team. Walker has been Sane and D Silva were the only players that have been first choice over the last month. None of the other nine have.

Being realistic Tashy, only the keeper, zinchenko and Garcia aren’t first teamers. The rest may not start, but they are still involved. But my issue wasn’t from a fitnes POV. It’s more that it didn’t give enough of the youth players a chance. It says a lot about the faith Pep has in your youth is he doesn’t think Burton could have been swept aside by any 11 you put out.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Really ? The whole game is dominated by money and has been for ages , there aren’t many people in this world that will turn down the chance to double their money - it’s prob his last big contract in his career so he is going to maximise his wages. Money dominates 99% of players and prob managers

Tbf I don’t see the top clubs paying the reported £60m that West Ham have stated in the past. That said, he still has years to play at the top level and if he has aspirations of winnings things I can’t see China sorting that. No top player is gonna list any trophy’s won there with pride are they?

I understand if they’re 35 and going for the money, as some have done with the US, but I’m sure loads have ignored China as money isn’t all they want.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

It is dominated by money but not every players necessarily picks the highest wage on offer.

Do you think some of the Spurs players could have kicked up a fuss in the last 1-2 years and earned an extra 40 and maybe even up to 100% more?

China is a career graveyard, fantastic money, but no real success on offer.