And, we’re off.......2018/2019

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They would with me in the team. 😁
That’s going to far.
Just made me think though , play a weakened side get criticism, play a full strength team get criticised.
The life of a prem manager he can’t win.
At the end of the day Pep is manager and what he says goes.

Last edited:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don’t see arnie leaving us for china

He was rumoured to be top of Jose’s list for January but with him gone no one is interested.. his brother is his agent and always leaks rubbish stories to get better deal

He will be offered an improved deal im sure

Doubt the bid is even serious

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
I doubt he cares one bit, and the Leeds fans certainly don't. Not sure if I see anything necessarily wrong with it, certainly not something worth making a big fuss about, think it was more a tactic to rile Derby/Lampard up than to get info on them, would learn more from watching their games than sending a spy to the training ground. Probably shouldn't have done it, but it's not illegal, just not particularly sporting, doesn't seem like Bielsa cares too much about that though.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site

Good tweet. Media kicking up a fuss but would happily leak Southgate's squad selection days before a huge game giving our opposition intel on the team. Jermaine Jenas is saying they should be deducted points, it's farcical. Mountain being made of a molehill. I'm sure Lampard wasn't too fussed about it when he was working under Jose who had AVB going out leading the "Opponent Observation Department" and they were winning titles.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
So where does one draw the line re spy gate. " it's ok til you get caught".

It's cheating, golfers saying it's ok don't sit right with me. Don't think the FA will leave it there. How can they. What precedent does it set.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What did the spy actually discover, which coloured cones they were using and kit they were wearing? I can't believe you would learn much watching other teams players training.

Tashyboy

Visit site
What did the spy actually discover, which coloured cones they were using and kit they were wearing? I can't believe you would learn much watching other teams players training.
If they are doing set piece plays, you could learn a lot👍

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think he's put out a trite apology of sorts but as he's said its a "tactic" from his days with

Argentina. I wonder if the FA will investigate and fine the club

So where does one draw the line re spy gate. " it's ok til you get caught".

It's cheating, golfers saying it's ok don't sit right with me. Don't think the FA will leave it there. How can they. What precedent does it set.

From what I understand, they actually broke no rules ................................. therefore didn't cheat and can't be punished.
However, it's certainly an underhand stunt that I'd be ashamed of, and for what?
As Dan2501 said, surely they'd learn more by watching DVDs of previous Derby County games.
The only thing they could learn would have been potential starting eleven and set piece routines .................................... maybe.
Dirty Leeds acting dirty, who would have thought!

Tashyboy

Visit site
From what I understand, they actually broke no rules ................................. therefore didn't cheat and can't be punished.
However, it's certainly an underhand stunt that I'd be ashamed of, and for what?
As Dan2501 said, surely they'd learn more by watching DVDs of previous Derby County games.
The only thing they could learn would have been potential starting eleven and set piece routines .................................... maybe.
Dirty Leeds acting dirty, who would have thought!
As you say Slime. Why didnt they watch videos like they do for penaltys etc. Remember watching the amazon series about City. Pep had a tactics coach that analysed teams. The bit about analysing Liverpool was excellent. Although it never helped us. When he was giving out orders pre game he said “there doing this this and this”. “So we will do this”. Its differant if you say “ we know there gonna do this this and this, coz we have seen them”. The tactical side of a game i enjoy. Like when i mentioned earlier in this thread about Burton going to a flat back four. Relegate dirty leeds to northern Prem i say 😁👍