And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 15344

In regards Rice , he looks a decent player , possibly overhyped a touch which had happened a lot at West Ham over the years and the players ends up just being a bog standard decent Prem player. Any talk of £70mil plus is madness for a player who has players 40/50 so far - English players certainly get overhyped - does he stand out that much ? Don’t see it so far.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Doesn’t he have full caps for Ireland now? So pretty much can’t chnage mind. Or were they only in friendlies?

Also, with the greatest respect to him and Milner. I don’t think either would get bought for 70m. I accept Milner has done tremendously at Liverpool, but the affection for him grew after steady shows. No fans would be heralding a 70m signing who’s main asset is being dependable.....

Not full caps no, only friendly

I don’t think he will fetch 70 million, unless the transfers go even more mental.

However he has been compared to stones at a similar age who fetched 50 million. If someone was looking for a ball playing centre half then he could prob command about the same as a prospect. I think he will end up leaving us for a champions league team as I don’t see us in the champions league anytime soon

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I, for one who doesn't support WHU, believe he's going to be a real player.
I'd have no problem with United investing many millions in buying this young lad, he'll be a quality player, I'm sure of that.
I just hope he decides that his international future is with England.
If you get Poch then that could be the sort of signing you make. I think January could be quiet for you unless the next manager has a say.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Yep, as Ive had it for 30 odd years.

90% of people say it from a different stand, keyboard, gang - Ive only ever had it said to me 0nce in person, funnily enough by a United fan in Berlin who didnt know I was a scouser.

3 minutes later he did.

So

So Pete,
How come it took so long?😂😂

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Not full caps no, only friendly

I don’t think he will fetch 70 million, unless the transfers go even more mental.

However he has been compared to stones at a similar age who fetched 50 million. If someone was looking for a ball playing centre half then he could prob command about the same as a prospect. I think he will end up leaving us for a champions league team as I don’t see us in the champions league anytime soon
That’s fair, I think Stones was and still is overpriced, decent eniugh paying city’s ways but still liable to a mistake.

I just checked on the caps for rice. I thought he’d played in a qualifier. My mistake.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In regards Rice , he looks a decent player , possibly overhyped a touch which had happened a lot at West Ham over the years and the players ends up just being a bog standard decent Prem player. Any talk of £70mil plus is madness for a player who has players 40/50 so far - English players certainly get overhyped - does he stand out that much ? Don’t see it so far.

43 games in the premier league before the age of 20 is good tho.

I truly believe that because our owners have invested badly before last summer that we looked to the acamedy again and it benefited rice who has taken his chance

Deserves his new deal

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That’s fair, I think Stones was and still is overpriced, decent eniugh paying city’s ways but still liable to a mistake.

I just checked on the caps for rice. I thought he’d played in a qualifier. My mistake.

I’ll be slightly disappointed if he does change countries as I don’t agree with the system. He pulled on the colours for Ireland you can’t just change because your first choice come calling

D

Deleted member 15344

43 games in the premier league before the age of 20 is good tho.

I truly believe that because our owners have invested badly before last summer that we looked to the acamedy again and it benefited rice who has taken his chance

Deserves his new deal

Giving him a new deal is a smart move and he is a good player who no doubt deserves a raise but if he is that good then a CL club will come calling , he has a big 18 months ahead of him

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Giving him a new deal is a smart move and he is a good player who no doubt deserves a raise but if he is that good then a CL club will come calling , he has a big 18 months ahead of him

They will but as my father always taught me a contract only means you can command more money when someone wants to buy .

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
For gods sake don't start that again, you will tip fragger over the edge if he has to clean up this thread two days running 😂😂😂😂

Yes please don’t I can’t handle another day not being able to talk about football!

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Starting to see why Yerry Mina didn't make it at Barca. Not been a convincing performance today at all. Too slow to play as a wide centre half, gives the ball away far too often and in dangerous areas, is out-paced and in the wrong position too often and gives away needless fouls when he's caught out.

And we're losing 1-0. Brilliant. Been rubbish today so far. Gylfi needs to start, not convinced by this 3 ATB system if it means Gylfi has to miss out.