And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
You see all you naughty people stopped us nice law abiding Brexiters from having a nice time on here. Shame on you all. Well sorted Fragger. You lot need to feel the love like my club does to its neighbours..

In 1931 Manchester United were going into bankruptcy and were attracting crowds of only 4,000 despite being in Division 1. A knock on effect of this meant that they couldn't afford the upkeep of a home and away football kit and asked Manchester City for their previous years home strip to use as their away strip. Hence why Uniteds away strip is traditionally Blue.

In 1945 Manchester City offered (they weren't asked) the use of Maine Road to Manchester Unted after Old Trafford was destroyed by the German Air Force. Manchester United used Maine Road for four years. Manchester City also sent the players to Old Trafford twice a week to assist with labour on the construction site rebuilding Old Trafford.

In 1958 Manchester City offered (they weren't asked) several of their squad members to Manchester United so they could continue participating in competitive football after the Munich air disaster. Manchester City even covered wages, transport and equipment costs while Manchester United recovered financially from the disaster.

In 1958 Manchester United were unable to participate in the European Cup due to the Munich Air Disater. UEFA offered ManchesteR City A place in the tournament in recognition for their unwavering support for Manchester United during the Munich disaster. Out of respect Manchester City refused.

In the 90's a black and white banner appeared for the first time in the Stretford End at Old Trafford with the purpose of belittling and mocking Manchester City's lack of success in domestic and European football. The same Manchester City that had helped ensure that Manchester United remained in existence and Ensured the supporters still had a team to support.

After all we did for them they still chose to obsess over our misfortune and how they enjoyed it. I would rather they just shook my hand and said thank you!

You see that is pre Sky TV history of both clubs.
Have a nice day and behave. Tash 😘

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
You see all you naughty people stopped us nice law abiding Brexiters from having a nice time on here. Shame on you all. Well sorted Fragger. You lot need to feel the love like my club does to its neighbours..

In 1931 Manchester United were going into bankruptcy and were attracting crowds of only 4,000 despite being in Division 1. A knock on effect of this meant that they couldn't afford the upkeep of a home and away football kit and asked Manchester City for their previous years home strip to use as their away strip. Hence why Uniteds away strip is traditionally Blue.

In 1945 Manchester City offered (they weren't asked) the use of Maine Road to Manchester Unted after Old Trafford was destroyed by the German Air Force. Manchester United used Maine Road for four years. Manchester City also sent the players to Old Trafford twice a week to assist with labour on the construction site rebuilding Old Trafford.

In 1958 Manchester City offered (they weren't asked) several of their squad members to Manchester United so they could continue participating in competitive football after the Munich air disaster. Manchester City even covered wages, transport and equipment costs while Manchester United recovered financially from the disaster.

In 1958 Manchester United were unable to participate in the European Cup due to the Munich Air Disater. UEFA offered ManchesteR City A place in the tournament in recognition for their unwavering support for Manchester United during the Munich disaster. Out of respect Manchester City refused.

In the 90's a black and white banner appeared for the first time in the Stretford End at Old Trafford with the purpose of belittling and mocking Manchester City's lack of success in domestic and European football. The same Manchester City that had helped ensure that Manchester United remained in existence and Ensured the supporters still had a team to support.

After all we did for them they still chose to obsess over our misfortune and how they enjoyed it. I would rather they just shook my hand and said thank you!

I think you'll find football wasn't invented until 1992 ;)

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

You should have let them fold , very ungrateful but as said before “history means nothing”?
I think it means everything and shows the class of City and it’s fans.

Nice post Tashy school day again, I didn’t know that.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
You should have let them fold , very ungrateful but as said before “history means nothing”?

Liverpool should show a little more class towards Everton, then, seeing as you were desperate to be known as Everton...

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yesterday was perfect, Declan rices contact finally sorted

5 year deal with option for a 6th year

He’s 20 next month and showing himself to be a top level player

Did decent enough at CB last year and is excelling at CDM this season

Showing maturity beyond his years

My player of the year so far.. bar mayb snodgrass who is up for most improved

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site

Agree
Better than any signing we could possibly make in January.
That lad is going to be worth £70m+ inside 3 years..... time to get the No 6 shirt out of mothballs maybe?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Agree
Better than any signing we could possibly make in January.
That lad is going to be worth £70m+ inside 3 years..... time to get the No 6 shirt out of mothballs maybe?

70m! I mean, granted prices are going through the roof and he’s home grown (Chelsea) so that’ll add a tax but so far I’ve nit heard too many people outside of West Ham building him up

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
70m! I mean, granted prices are going through the roof and he’s home grown (Chelsea) so that’ll add a tax but so far I’ve nit heard too many people outside of West Ham building him up

Mick McCarthy is hoping to make him his long term captain for Ireland if he decides his future is with Ireland and not England

People won’t big him up because he plays the unfashionable role

He’s our James Milner and I don’t mean that offensively . Can play a variety of positions well. Model pro. Makes the game look simple

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
If he sticks to what he’s good at he will be a brilliant player, it’s only when he tries the flashier stuff he comes a bit undone.
there is something in his play that reminds me of Sergio Busquets. Obviously he isn't yet at the level of a bloke who has won every honour there is to win but there is a similarity in playing style.

Tashyboy

Visit site

😂😂😂😂😂😂

I have one somewhere for the Liverpool fans, off out for some waterproof trousers. If I get chance later al post 😁👍

Tashyboy

Visit site

Must be an excellent signing. Allegedly City were sniffing around him and a dozen other players as a replacement for Fernandinho. Some thought they could land him for a pittance coz he was into his last year

Tashyboy

Visit site
Apparantly City were 😳

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Must be an excellent signing. Allegedly City were sniffing around him and a dozen other players as a replacement for Fernandinho. Some thought they could land him for a pittance coz he was into his last year

There was rumours but some of that is prob agent talk

He is a very good player right now and if he kicks on then who knows could be our new Rio who also started off in midfield (when he is naturally a cb)
He reminds me of carrick aswell the way he plays who is my favourite of the ex academy players

MP claims he is the best youth player he’s ever worked with but always take that with a pinch of salt unless he says it when he isn’t being paid by us

I hope we use this window to bring in some young championship players (like spurs used to do) and bed them in slowly.. we have a decent base squad now and we need some young blood

No need to spend big until the summer

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

I, for one who doesn't support WHU, believe he's going to be a real player.
I'd have no problem with United investing many millions in buying this young lad, he'll be a quality player, I'm sure of that.
I just hope he decides that his international future is with England.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I, for one who doesn't support WHU, believe he's going to be a real player.
I'd have no problem with United investing many millions in buying this young lad, he'll be a quality player, I'm sure of that.
I just hope he decides that his international future is with England.

If it wasn’t for us now being under Southgate I’d of preferred him to play for Ireland because previous England managers didn’t protect the young players enough from the press and the pressures they get

I truly believe if he declares for England he will become a key player

However I won’t begrudge him if he declares for Ireland

Personally think it’s wrong if he switches to England as he picked Ireland before he should honour that but can’t blame him.. system sucks

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Yet you’re the one overstepping the line and not even attempting to hide your threat.

Yep, as Ive had it for 30 odd years.

90% of people say it from a different stand, keyboard, gang - Ive only ever had it said to me 0nce in person, funnily enough by a United fan in Berlin who didnt know I was a scouser.

3 minutes later he did.

So

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Liverpool should show a little more class towards Everton, then, seeing as you were desperate to be known as Everton...

And yet again a subject not involving us at all somehow does become about us, and who'da thought it, from another (obsessed) United fan.

Did you not think about just replying to Tashy and keeping it about City and United and their history?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Mick McCarthy is hoping to make him his long term captain for Ireland if he decides his future is with Ireland and not England

People won’t big him up because he plays the unfashionable role

He’s our James Milner and I don’t mean that offensively . Can play a variety of positions well. Model pro. Makes the game look simple
Doesn’t he have full caps for Ireland now? So pretty much can’t chnage mind. Or were they only in friendlies?

Also, with the greatest respect to him and Milner. I don’t think either would get bought for 70m. I accept Milner has done tremendously at Liverpool, but the affection for him grew after steady shows. No fans would be heralding a 70m signing who’s main asset is being dependable.....