And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 1740

If the manager has the final say on transfers (I have no idea if Klopp does at Liverpool or not) then he takes full blame for the signings not just "to a point". It doesn't matter if Karius has improved under Klopp he clearly wasn't good enough when he needed to be.

To be clear, I'm not saying that Klopp is solely to blame for the loss but he does have to take some of the blame.

Your previous posts certainly read that way.

Managers are not at fault for individual performances, unless they’re consistently underperforming. From my seat in the stands this season I can’t remember poor games from Karius, odd moments but on the whole he’s improved. Is he good enough IMO to be our No1 for the foreseeable?? No he’s not but I trust Klopp to get more things right than wrong.

Klopp has deserved criticism at times but he can’t be criticised for showing a young player faith and belief only for that player to dump on him.

D

Deleted member 1740

You've previously said that at top quality keeper costs 10 times the fee that Karius cost which surely gives an indication of the player's ability.

Not always.

Veron £28m iirc at that time, a massive fee.
Carroll £35m massive fee
Anelka. £500k
Mahrez £400k
Kante. £1m ish iirc

Loads more players have gone for huge fees and flopped and vice versa.

D

Deleted member 16999

British media saying Spanish papers reporting Salah has told his agent he wants to leave Lpool with Real Madrid willing to meet Lpool’s £175 million valuation.
Could be a long summer of rumours.

D

Deleted member 1740

British media saying Spanish papers reporting Salah has told his agent he wants to leave Lpool with Real Madrid willing to meet Lpool’s £175 million valuation.
Could be a long summer of rumours.

Sell him, he’s a 1 season wonder :whistle:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
So, at this point Real are going to buy Hazard, Neymar and Salah 😵. There are clearly some agents working hard at the moment to squeeze some extra pennies for them and their clients.

D

Deleted member 16999

So, at this point Real are going to buy Hazard, Neymar and Salah 😵. There are clearly some agents working hard at the moment to squeeze some extra pennies for them and their clients.
With money left over if they sell Ronaldo and Bale.

D

Deleted member 15344

It’s all from the same Spanish “source” which is the Spanish version of the S&n

Madrid have apparently been buying Salah since Jan.

I think Neymar will be their big signing this summer

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Surprise surprise Salah will be fit for the world cup.
Reports that he strained a ligament in his shoulder.
Experience told me he never dislocated it at all.
Good news for Egypt and the world cup,always good to see top players on the world stage.

D

Deleted member 16999

Surprise surprise Salah will be fit for the world cup.
Reports that he strained a ligament in his shoulder.
Experience told me he never dislocated it at all.
Good news for Egypt and the world cup,always good to see top players on the world stage.
You’ll have to remove your signature off the petition now Tony. ;)

D

Deleted member 15344

Wow Zidane gone, that will start the dominos falling

Wenger in???

I suspect they maybe casting an eye over to Spurs and Pochettino or maybe someone like Jardin or Saurri

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
I suspect they maybe casting an eye over to Spurs and Pochettino or maybe someone like Jardin or Saurri

I personally think that Poch will be the 'next' Real manager after Zidane's replacement. He's a very smart and ambitious guy, and there's not much to gain by going now to a squad thats won 3 CL in a row (main measure of success at RM), aging, and looks about to get broken up. He'll let someone else try and fail before coming in.

Conte, Guti or Sarri for me.

D

Deleted member 15344

I personally think that Poch will be the 'next' Real manager after Zidane's replacement. He's a very smart and ambitious guy, and there's not much to gain by going now to a squad thats won 3 CL in a row (main measure of success at RM), aging, and looks about to get broken up. He'll let someone else try and fail before coming in.

Conte, Guti or Sarri for me.

Yeah that’s prob the smart play , is Guti still at Madrid B or Youth team ?

Whoever the next manager is will possibly have to deal with Ronaldo going and maybe Neymar coming in. But it could be a blank page for Pochettino to start from with possibly a few Spurs players joining him - if he was offered it then I think it would be hard for him to turn down

I also see Chelsea have put their stadium plans on hold as well - they say it’s a about money but wonder how much the current issue with Abramovich has to do with it

Last edited by a moderator:
U

User62651

So will Bale be more likely to hang about in Madrid if he thinks a new coach will get him in starting 11? New coach needs to stand up to Ronaldo's unhealthy team influence there.

Zidane leaving no massive surprise, not a lot more he can achieve there and his 3 European Cups in a row very unlikey to be matched so a great legacy (before this current team has to be rebuilt). I think it's his choice and he's not being pushed but you never know. Maybe he'll take some time off then head to SerieA, Juventus would seem an obvious place in time or maybe the France job. Cant see Zidane coming to EPL, not sure why.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
So will Bale be more likely to hang about in Madrid if he thinks a new coach will get him in starting 11? New coach needs to stand up to Ronaldo's unhealthy team influence there.

Zidane leaving no massive surprise, not a lot more he can achieve there and his 3 European Cups in a row very unlikey to be matched so a great legacy (before this current team has to be rebuilt). I think it's his choice and he's not being pushed but you never know. Maybe he'll take some time off then head to SerieA, Juventus would seem an obvious place in time or maybe the France job. Cant see Zidane coming to EPL, not sure why.

I heard he was leaving to get the Everton job before Silva is announced. Smart move ZZ :rofl:

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
Yeah that’s prob the smart play , is Guti still at Madrid B or Youth team ?

Whoever the next manager is will possibly have to deal with Ronaldo going and maybe Neymar coming in. But it could be a blank page for Pochettino to start from with possibly a few Spurs players joining him - if he was offered it then I think it would be hard for him to turn down

I also see Chelsea have put their stadium plans on hold as well - they say it’s a about money but wonder how much the current issue with Abramovich has to do with it

Yeah Guti is with the B team, which was the same route taken by ZZ. A Madridista through and through as well and would be very popular. Agree it would be tough to turn down, but that applies universally and not just to Poch.

The Chelsea stadium on hold is just a card Abramovich is playing imo