And, we’re off.......2018/2019

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If only we had someone like him in our team. We’re too nice and don’t have any auld arses who are prepared to go that yard further, city have one,Chelsea have a couple, Yernited have a couple even spurs have one.

We may not like it, but it’s been part of football for years and years. Hunter,Souness, Harris etc. Some are campaigning for change in football but it will become too sanitised.
yes I agree and said so in post 124.
I have watched it twice and never seen a questionable challenge by a red.
Can u imagine what Souness would have done in that game.

D

Deleted member 16999

yes I agree and said so in post 124.
I have watched it twice and never seen a questionable challenge by a red.
Can u imagine what Souness would have done in that game.
Watch the full version of Ramos elbowing Karius, VVD pushes Ramos towards Karius first, questionable challenge in the box?
Ramos deliberately raises his elbow at Karius and should be retrospectively banned.

D

Deleted member 1740

Watch the full version of Ramos elbowing Karius, VVD pushes Ramos towards Karius first, questionable challenge in the box?
Ramos deliberately raises his elbow at Karius and should be retrospectively banned.

Why should he be banned retrospectively? Why cant we leave the game on the pitch at the final whistle?

Football matches are over analysed as it is, blow the whistle and discuss the immediate aftermath and leave it at that.

D

Deleted member 16999

Why should he be banned retrospectively? Why cant we leave the game on the pitch at the final whistle?

Football matches are over analysed as it is, blow the whistle and discuss the immediate aftermath and leave it at that.
Because we’re not talking about a mis-timed tackle or an accident here, a deliberate elbow is a violent attack and has no place on a football pitch.
Were do you draw the line as to what a player can and can’t get away with if it’s unseen by the Officials

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site

For the most part Stu I agree with that.

Question is of there is no retrospective action, what stops them doing it again?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
it wasn’t even a foul!
In your opinion !
Also the refs it’s not like they are wrong sometimes!
But mine differs!

How many times have you seen a striker put his arm across a defender there’s a clash and the defender gets penalised , it happens all the time.

I have seen defenders sent off when it’s quite clear the striker put his arm across first.
This is just feeling where he is while you are looking at the ball at speed.

like I said opinions differ ,it would be boring if we all agreed on everything.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
first part is correct imo , but nobody can predict the level of injury Salaha was just unlucky.
But am convinced Ramos brought him down deliberately.

I'm sure Ramosa knew what he was doing but I'm equally convinced that Ramosa didn't intend the sustained shoulder damage.
:D

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sterling's tattoo being crticised by Diane Abbott, surely that should be on the comedy channel.
She's hilarious.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
https://twitter.com/kindprins/status/1000583894549266432?s=21

No, it’s a matter of fact, the Referee did not give a foul to either side when Ramos and Salah tangled.
The opinion is whether you think the Referee was correct or not.

Have a look at the Refs position.

I think he got it wrong.
Its his leg that brings Salaha down but he turns him over.

Just because the refs in a good position dosnt mean he always gets it right.

He had nothing to do most of the game, it was the tamest final I’ve seen.

look at the tackle that got Mane booked!

Ramos is noted for this it’s a shame as he’s a good player.

But he will be polishing his medals while Salaha watches the World Cup at home.

Last edited:

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
https://twitter.com/kindprins/status/1000583894549266432?s=21

No, it’s a matter of fact, the Referee did not give a foul to either side when Ramos and Salah tangled.
The opinion is whether you think the Referee was correct or not.

Have a look at the Refs position.

That just confirms what I saw on Saturday night, Ramos knew what he was doing, he quite obviously traps Salahs arm and brings him down with almost a judo style hip throw. Sly foul imo.

D

Deleted member 16999

That just confirms what I saw on Saturday night, Ramos knew what he was doing, he quite obviously traps Salahs arm and brings him down with almost a judo style hip throw. Sly foul imo.
He traps Salahs arm after Salah leans in to him and grabs his arm, its 2 world class players tussling for a ball that tangle and fall over, an accident, certainly not a premeditated judo style hip throw :rofl:

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Is the Ramos thing still rumbling on?

Salah reaches across Ramos and pulls his left arm down slightly to throw Ramos off balance but in doing so doesn't retain his footing. Ramos and Salah are both pushed right (away from the ball) by the tussle and Ramos leaves his arm locked with Salah's to prevent Salah getting away. So yes, Salah initiated the contact but the ball broke away from him. Ramos gave as good as he got to prevent Salah's move giving the Egyptian an advantage. A good old fashioned 50/50 tussle that Salah initiated and unfortunately got injured from.

D

Deleted member 1418

Why is everyone still debating an incident that took place in the 2017/2018 season on the 2018/2019 thread?

D

Deleted member 1740

Because we’re not talking about a mis-timed tackle or an accident here, a deliberate elbow is a violent attack and has no place on a football pitch.
Were do you draw the line as to what a player can and can’t get away with if it’s unseen by the Officials

IMO fisty cuffs and off the ball incidents.

We as fans and more importantly the media need to accept refs decisions in games. Once he blows the whistle thats it. Discuss the game by all means but wanting situations looked at for retrospective punishment is taking it too far.

European refs usully let games flow better.

Fans of all clubs and the media want every refs decision to be 100% correct but its impossible

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 16999

Mod Power closed the thread.
Exactly, daft idea to start this thread before the fixture release date.
Next we’ll have the World Cup thread and people will talk about it on both threads :confused:

D

Deleted member 16999

IMO fisty cuffs and off the ball incidents.

We as fans and more importantly the media need to accept refs decisions in games. Once he blows the whistle thats it. Discuss the game by all means but wanting situations looked at for retrospective punishment is taking it too far.

European refs usully let games flow better.

Fans of all clubs and the media want every refs decision to be 100% correct but its impossible
I’m all for that Stu, but I’d genuinely class an elbow to the face as a step over the line.

D

Deleted member 1740

I’m all for that Stu, but I’d genuinely class an elbow to the face as a step over the line.

It's happened so quick its impossible to see if it was deliberate or not.

Lets stop trying to sanitise the game and i think refs performances would improve.

Trying to get all decisions 100% correct is putting huge pressure on refs.