And, we’re off.......2018/2019

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
you do realise the final wasn’t in Russia don’t you???

Indeed. However there was a lot being written before the weekend of the threat of trouble. It's a cause of concern for next month and I was simply interested to see if there was any sign of trouble.

As for Sterling, he has made his reasons perfectly clear and yet gets slaughtered on social media and in press and nothing will deflect them from making a story out of nothing. He can have whatever he likes on his body as long as he performs well in an England shirt

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the concern, i'm back safe and well. it was a long old trip but barring the result, it was up there with one of the best i've ever had following the reds.

So I see Sterling is once again being smashed from pillar to post for a tattoo he had done and it’s no surprise it’s being generated by that disgusting rag the S&n .

It’s quite clear what his meaning of the tattoo is but it seems the single cell inbreds are reacting to just a picture from the rag

It appears Sterling can’t do anything right - regardless of what people think of his ability on the pitch the treatment of him by the red top rag media is disgusting

It’s appears he is criticised for

Eating in Greggs
Shopping in Primark
Buying his mum a kitchen

No wonder our top sportstars leave the country

Sorry Phil but in your haste to slate the Sun which of course I understand is justified,how can it be obvious.

I listened to the reason on the news this morning and I'm sure only his closest family members and friends would have known as his reason is far from obvious.

As someone else stated the last statement is laughable.

Sometimes its best to keep your feelings close to your chest.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

That's laughable!

Think i'd rather it had all been fake news!

The Egyptian Football Fans don’t seem to happy to lose their star man for the World Cup - guess it shows how much he is revered over there or within the Egyptian community. Guess it’s just a reactionary response after seeing what happened to him.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
The Egyptian Football Fans don’t seem to happy to lose their star man for the World Cup - guess it shows how much he is revered over there or within the Egyptian community. Guess it’s just a reactionary response after seeing what happened to him.

It's embarrassing!

If it had been for the elbow, i could see the call for a uefa ban.

The Salah one, had em both grabbing each other. Whilst we all know Ramos is dirty, the arm injured is due to the fall, not even Ramos grabbing.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Petition is a bit of a joke!
There are differing opinions on this but only one man knows if it was deliberate and that’s Ramos!
But all the diving around and the elbow should be looked at , I thought they did this anyway.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
There are differing opinions on this but only one man knows if it was deliberate and that’s Ramos!
But all the diving around and the elbow should be looked at , I thought they did this anyway.

Really?

I mean i reckon it's clear cut that he meant to go in tough on him and make him uncomfortable, but does anyone really think that during the exchange. One where Salah also had hold of his arm during the tumble Ramos deliberately rolled over him attempted to dislocate his other arm? Thats up their with fake moon landings imo

D

Deleted member 15344

It's embarrassing!

If it had been for the elbow, i could see the call for a uefa ban.

The Salah one, had em both grabbing each other. Whilst we all know Ramos is dirty, the arm injured is due to the fall, not even Ramos grabbing.

Most of petitions are a joke in that change.org and I suspect most sensible people will just laugh it off , I was already mentioned in the thread and suspect most ignored because it’s just not newsworthy or worth the hassle. Do people really care , I very much doubt it - it’s as bad as the click bait rubbish you see all over social media - some get sucked in by in and replaster it everywhere most treat it how it should - ignored.

As for what Ramos did - I have no doubt he meant to pull him to the floor like he did in some form of letting him know he was there - don’t tbink anyone can say he meant to injury but was certainly over physical with him and Ramos actions caused the injury - I expect it didn’t bother Ramos one bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As for what Ramos did - I have no doubt he meant to pull him to the floor like he did in some form of letting him know he was there - don’t tbink anyone can say he meant to injury but was certainly over physical with him and Ramos actions caused the injury - I expect it didn’t bother Ramos one bit.

Conveniently ignoring the fact that it was Salah that grabbed Ramos's arm first and initiated what went after.

D

Deleted member 1740

If only we had someone like him in our team. We’re too nice and don’t have any auld arses who are prepared to go that yard further, city have one,Chelsea have a couple, Yernited have a couple even spurs have one.

We may not like it, but it’s been part of football for years and years. Hunter,Souness, Harris etc. Some are campaigning for change in football but it will become too sanitised.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Most of petitions are a joke in that change.org and I suspect most sensible people will just laugh it off , I was already mentioned in the thread and suspect most ignored because it’s just not newsworthy or worth the hassle. Do people really care , I very much doubt it - it’s as bad as the click bait rubbish you see all over social media - some get sucked in by in and replaster it everywhere most treat it how it should - ignored.

I fully agree. To be brutally honest i have no problem with that.

I see far worse tackles made where worse can and does happen, and it seems that a little hand gestured apology is deemed good enough. Players know when they go ott and apologising afterwards is just a way to clear their conscience generally imo.

Lot's of good teams have had enforcers and he's one for Madrid.

D

Deleted member 15344

I fully agree. To be brutally honest i have no problem with that.

I see far worse tackles made where worse can and does happen, and it seems that a little hand gestured apology is deemed good enough. Players know when they go ott and apologising afterwards is just a way to clear their conscience generally imo.

Lot's of good teams have had enforcers and he's one for Madrid.

I agree - Ramos and Pepe before them have never had any issues going beyond the line to make themselves know to a striker - don’t think it bothers them if someone gets injured and I expect at times they have done it deliberately and been happy to get away with a yellow card , it appears that Ramos has done the same thing to another player before.

They were both grappling with each other and it was a situation he took advantage of - kept hold of him , down and roll and he prob thought that it wools shake up Salah enough to make him twice , no doubt if it didn’t happen Ramos would have been booked for a challenge somewhere else on him - but i don’t think he did it to injure him to put him out of the game

Didn’t hear about the elbow at first but seeing it now is very damning

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KmjQa6kdFkk

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I agree - Ramos and Pepe before them have never had any issues going beyond the line to make themselves know to a striker - don’t think it bothers them if someone gets injured and I expect at times they have done it deliberately and been happy to get away with a yellow card , it appears that Ramos has done the same thing to another player before.

They were both grappling with each other and it was a situation he took advantage of - kept hold of him , down and roll and he prob thought that it wools shake up Salah enough to make him twice , no doubt if it didn’t happen Ramos would have been booked for a challenge somewhere else on him - but i don’t think he did it to injure him to put him out of the game

Didn’t hear about the elbow at first but seeing it now is very damning

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KmjQa6kdFkk

Yeah he should get a ban for the elbow, i'd imagine he'll get away with it though.

You'd think it would be easy for both Uefa and Madrid to take. 3 match ban makes Uefa look like they care and Madrid would just lose him for group games which they'd expect to get though anyways.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Really?

I mean i reckon it's clear cut that he meant to go in tough on him and make him uncomfortable, but does anyone really think that during the exchange. One where Salah also had hold of his arm during the tumble Ramos deliberately rolled over him attempted to dislocate his other arm? Thats up their with fake moon landings imo
first part is correct imo , but nobody can predict the level of injury Salaha was just unlucky.
But am convinced Ramos brought him down deliberately.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Yeah he should get a ban for the elbow, i'd imagine he'll get away with it though.

You'd think it would be easy for both Uefa and Madrid to take. 3 match ban makes Uefa look like they care and Madrid would just lose him for group games which they'd expect to get though anyways.

Can't see UEFA doing anything at all. This footage has been out there for a few days and nothing forthcoming.