And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Is no one going to mention the elephant in the room here. After Wenger left Sawtooth has disappeared. After Saturday StuC and Liverbirdie and not been heard of. Are these lads being picked off?

Stu & Pete will be letting us all have our moment, when it all dies down they'll be back and posting, as for Sawtooth, nobody cares.....

D

Deleted member 15344

But it suits you to post when they, Sky, tweet about rumours of signings, like Fabinho yesterday, but now it's different when it's about what finances have been spent or haven't?

You can't accept what Sky news reports when it suits and then dismiss it when it doesn't, how do you know that the VVD and Kieta deals weren't accrued for the deal they knew they were getting for Coutinho?

I posted that it was “rumoured” that Fabinho is “rumoured” to be signing and “if true” would be great - don’t recall mentioning it coming from Sky sources because I didn’t see the rumour from Sky sources It was actually from the Echo. I believe it was you that mentioned it was on Sky

Again the club and manager have stated the signing were independent from the Coutinho signing and the Coutinho Money is there to spend and I suspect Fabinho will be the first signing from the Money with more to follow.

But as I said all I care about is the right players coming in and the squad being strengthened to move forward - that’s already started

D

Deleted member 15344

They have no reason to hide. Their team got to a CL final, put in a decent display but it went against them. What have any of us got to lord it over them for?

Just read the posts there are plenty lording it

But Stu and LB are just getting back from travelling a long distance and being away from family etc - I expect the last thing on their mind is coming onto the forum to see rival fans taking the Micheal about what happened - Stu and Pete don’t hide away

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
But Stu and LB are just getting back from travelling a long distance and being away from family etc - I expect the last thing on their mind is coming onto the forum to see rival fans taking the Micheal about what happened - Stu and Pete don’t hide away

A forum is never a priority but banter is part of football and they usually post pretty soon after a game, whatever the score. Going to Kiev will have been a great experience, I thought they would have given their run down by now.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
They have no reason to hide. Their team got to a CL final, put in a decent display but it went against them. What have any of us got to lord it over them for?

Pete will post as usual and answer most posts which I respect.
Stu well who knows.
In the meantime we will just have to read what the spin masters writes.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is no one going to mention the elephant in the room here. After Wenger left Sawtooth has disappeared. After Saturday StuC and Liverbirdie and not been heard of. Are these lads being picked off?

Put out a call, we need to locate and bring them back.

Probably still trying to escape the Ukraine!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

Could be. Shall we start an online petition, set up a FB page, that seems to be the fashion now :D.

I should add, my original post on this was supposed to be a bit tongue in cheek, it was Twilight Zone stuff. The Liverpool lads have never hidden after a loss and I did not mean it that way. Looking at some of the posts it looks as though that is how some have read it. That was not my intention.

D

Deleted member 1740

Thanks for the concern, i'm back safe and well. it was a long old trip but barring the result, it was up there with one of the best i've ever had following the reds.

I've read most of the posts since Saturday, some sensible posts, the others just the usual shyte.

Pete will post as usual and answer most posts which I respect.
Stu well who knows.
In the meantime we will just have to read what the spin masters writes.

I'm glad you're still acting like a grade A knob Tony. I always answer posts that get questioned. You may not agree with what i say but i never hide.

It wasnt that bad, the biggest isssue was locals not speaking any english. We go all over europe and most have a good understanding of english but they struggle.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
At least you made it. My cousin was one of those on the cancelled flights.

I've found, with work and holidays, that the further east you go the less English is either spoken or understood. Equally, the further east the more unintelligible is the language to our ears. It can be a tough mix but luckily you were there in numbers which helps.

Pleased you enjoyed it, these are big events and should be enjoyed.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm glad you're still acting like a grade A knob Tony. I always answer posts that get questioned. You may not agree with what i say but i never hide.

Least you think I'm only acting :)

Never said you hide Stu.

At least I know you think I'm a grade A knob I will take that,couldn't take being a B or C.

Glad you had a good time,to be honest I would be surprised if you didn't.

D

Deleted member 1740

At least you made it. My cousin was one of those on the cancelled flights.

I've found, with work and holidays, that the further east you go the less English is either spoken or understood. Equally, the further east the more unintelligible is the language to our ears. It can be a tough mix but luckily you were there in numbers which helps.

Pleased you enjoyed it, these are big events and should be enjoyed.

2 of my mates were on the cancelled flights, they were devastated.

I genuinely feel for all of those who were on the cancelled flights, at £1k a seat you’d expect to be guaranteed a flight.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the concern, i'm back safe and well. it was a long old trip but barring the result, it was up there with one of the best i've ever had following the reds.

It wasnt that bad, the biggest isssue was locals not speaking any english. We go all over europe and most have a good understanding of english but they struggle.

We found same in Moscow and navigating the tube would of been very tricky without the last minute printed English version of stops.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
To the guys that went (and those that know of others that did), was there any hint of trouble? we keep hearing reports of how the Russian hooligans are gearing up to make their "mark" next month but I don't recall seeing or hearing of too much trouble. Do they think it's been over exaggerated in the press or was there still an air of menace?

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
To the guys that went (and those that know of others that did), was there any hint of trouble? we keep hearing reports of how the Russian hooligans are gearing up to make their "mark" next month but I don't recall seeing or hearing of too much trouble. Do they think it's been over exaggerated in the press or was there still an air of menace?

you do realise the final wasn’t in Russia don’t you???

D

Deleted member 1740

I didn’t see anything but I heard off people who where there for a few nights before and after, that there was a few isolated incidents of stragglers being picked off by groups of Dynamo Kiev fans. This happens everywhere though unfortunately.

D

Deleted member 15344

So I see Sterling is once again being smashed from pillar to post for a tattoo he had done and it’s no surprise it’s being generated by that disgusting rag the S&n .

It’s quite clear what his meaning of the tattoo is but it seems the single cell inbreds are reacting to just a picture from the rag

It appears Sterling can’t do anything right - regardless of what people think of his ability on the pitch the treatment of him by the red top rag media is disgusting

It’s appears he is criticised for

Eating in Greggs
Shopping in Primark
Buying his mum a kitchen

No wonder our top sportstars leave the country

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
So I see Sterling is once again being smashed from pillar to post for a tattoo he had done and it’s no surprise it’s being generated by that disgusting rag the S&n .

It’s quite clear what his meaning of the tattoo is but it seems the single cell inbreds are reacting to just a picture from the rag

It appears Sterling can’t do anything right - regardless of what people think of his ability on the pitch the treatment of him by the red top rag media is disgusting

It’s appears he is criticised for

Eating in Greggs
Shopping in Primark
Buying his mum a kitchen

No wonder our top sportstars leave the country

I wouldn't for a second defend the Sun where Liverpool is concerned, but i think the final line is laughable. Sport stars in other countries are treated far worse than our pampered lot! Most leave this country for better tax breaks, or weather, not because of a few nasty headlines!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It's ill-advised but, really.......
So some people think it's going to encourage others to get a gun and shoot someone....
That's so laughable it's painful.
The only people who will be encouraged to start a gunfight after seeing this are well down that road already.
The professionally offended are out in force.