And, we’re off.......2018/2019

U

User62651

RIP Neale Cooper, played in a great Fergie side all in red that could beat Real Madrid. 54 yo, no age, sad.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It'll be interesting to see what Klopp does regarding a keeper or whether he feels its outfield players he needs. I fear it may take Karius a while to get over what happened and I can't see Klopp playing him which leaves MIgnolet who was dropped because he was making mistakes. Hardly a ringing endorsement on the capabilities of both keepers and it must make getting a new shot stopper a priority. Of course that's also going to put the asking price up for the best in Europe

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Do they really need another midfielder? It doesn't strike me as an area they are really struggling with. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44284792

With Can on his way to Juventus they needed someone else to come in for that area of the team. Plus the fact they need to strengthen the squad if they want to move up to the next level. You only have to look at the lack of strength in depth on the Liverpool bench to realise that they need to improve the squad.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
With Can on his way to Juventus they needed someone else to come in for that area of the team. Plus the fact they need to strengthen the squad if they want to move up to the next level. You only have to look at the lack of strength in depth on the Liverpool bench to realise that they need to improve the squad.

Fair point. Is the Can deal a definite? I can see what you mean about the strength in depth, especially when you compare them to the City squad. If Liverpool are going to offer a sustained PL and CL challenge then they will definitely need a stronger, deeper squad so I understand how it makes sense especially if/when Keita comes in too.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We need a keeper. But thats got nothing to do with strengthening the squad.
another CB as well.
The more choices he has creates competition and that means you are playing for your place .

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
He might of done but i didn't. I have said City are good but not great. Al let others decide that. You sound a bit paranoid re the noisy neighbours. Focus on enjoying utds treble, 2nd in the league, 2nd in the FA cup, 2nd in Manchester 😁

I'm not even close to a United fan 😂

You're were always banging on about how City are the greatest side the Prem has seen since you've been called out on it. Fact is they've spent the most on a squad ever and still failed in Europe.

Pep will be measured on European success and nothing else - its all the owners care about from here. At the moment he's achieved nothing more than Pellegrini and Mancini.

So in the context of saying how much United underperformed and how they won't be kicking on especially when comparing them to the rest of the top 6 simply doesn't add up

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I'm not even close to a United fan 😂

You're were always banging on about how City are the greatest side the Prem has seen since you've been called out on it. Fact is they've spent the most on a squad ever and still failed in Europe.

Pep will be measured on European success and nothing else - its all the owners care about from here. At the moment he's achieved nothing more than Pellegrini and Mancini.

So in the context of saying how much United underperformed and how they won't be kicking on especially when comparing them to the rest of the top 6 simply doesn't add up

A little copy and paste where I have said there the best the prem has ever been would help. Re failed in Europe, they are one of the top eight seeded teams in Europe next year. The top seeded English team. Playing better football than I have seen from my team I have ever seen. Before I even mention trophies.
yes I will bang on re Utd because at the start of the season they were a lot of pundits favourites with a squad that some rated better than City's.

D

Deleted member 15344

A little copy and paste where I have said there the best the prem has ever been would help. Re failed in Europe, they are one of the top eight seeded teams in Europe next year. The top seeded English team. Playing better football than I have seen from my team I have ever seen. Before I even mention trophies.
yes I will bang on re Utd because at the start of the season they were a lot of pundits favourites with a squad that some rated better than City's.

City are only seeded in the Top 8 due to them winning the Prem I believe - whilst they did well last season Peps City right now will be looked at the same way as his Bayern team - very good domestically but falling short in Europe , for them to take the next step up and be recognised alongside the European Greats they need to win a CL - until then they are just a good Prem Side.

Can see next season being a very interesting one and think City may not have it all their own way this time

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Admittedly Tashyboy, they are good to watch. However I personally preferred watching Newcastle United under Kevin Keegan. That team from 93 to 96 were superb, and were labelled "the entertainers"
They won nowt but were exciting to watch

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Fancy league winners being seeded higher than those who finished beneath them. What sort of cock eyed system is that?

City have gone, semi final, last 16, q/final in the last 3 years. Bayern are in and around the q/f, semi's most years. Juventus the same, all league winners. The seedings have it right.

PB - As a Utd fan would you ship Sanchez out now and use the money for Bale? Bale would enhance any team and the mood music is for Utd. I can't see that you can fit everyone in the starting 11 so some big names will have to go. Sanchez has not fitted it yet so that would make sense to me. Would you disagree? Would you rather keep Sanchez and hope pre season sorts him out?

Last edited:

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Fancy league winners being seeded higher than those who finished beneath them. What sort of cock eyed system is that?

City have gone, semi final, last 16, q/final in the last 3 years. Bayern are in and around the q/f, semi's most years. Juventus the same, all league winners. The seedings have it right.

PB - As a Utd fan would you ship Sanchez out now and use the money for Bale? Bale would enhance any team and the mood music is for Utd. I can't see that you can fit everyone in the starting 11 so some big names will have to go. Sanchez has not fitted it yet so that would make sense to me. Would you disagree? Would you rather keep Sanchez and hope pre season sorts him out?

I would 100% keep Sanchez he will be fine,he has took longer to settle than expected.
Would get rid of Jose first I can't stand his football

D

Deleted member 15344

You have missed the point

Tashy was using the fact they are seeded in tbe Top 8 as meaning they aren’t failing or being below standards in Europe - where as people were just countering that the seedings aren’t due to how well they play in Europe more about their domestic performances. Whilst on the whole the league winners do go through to the KO stages but then the seeds help - Atletico for example are seeded in tbe Top 8 based on Europa League but in CL last season they couldn’t even get out of the group.

Maybe it’s worth seeing teams based on how they perform in the CL itself ? Could throw up a few different groups