And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Also a very telling response from Luke Donald on Twitter that hits the nail on the head regarding the lack of support from the Liverpool players.....

Loris Karius - "[FONT=&quot]Haven’t really slept until now... the scenes are still running through my head again and again... I'm infinitely sorry to my teammates, for you fans, and for all the staff. I know that I messed it up with the two mistakes and let you all down..."

Luke Donald - "[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I watched the game last night, I felt your pain. You messed up, but that’s ok - we all make mistakes. What struck me more was the lack of support you got from your teammates straight after the whistle had blown. You might have failed them...but they certainly failed you too".

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I think Donald has a very good point.

[/FONT]

YNWA

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Ramos may or may not have been pleased to see Salah going off but it seems as though a few people have been taken in by a photo-shopped image.......

View attachment 25011View attachment 25012

Yeah but it suits the remit, that it’s everyone else’s fault they lost, Ramos for allegedly deliberately knobbling Salah, plus the Mane incident that has been carefully edited removing the initial contact, ok I accept he (Ramos) still made a meal of it, but the clip doing the rounds has been trimmed, and the keeper making 2 blunders, of course everyone else played well and without critique, when in fact the teams heads went down as soon as Salah went off but up until then I think possession at that time was 65/35 to Madrid and Liverpool were feeding off scraps, but as mentioned before this final and seen again in it, no plan B is seen and that lies solely at the feet of Klopp, irrelevant of individual errors on the park.

I genuinely don’t think he’s all that that everyone gets so worked up about, Rodgers got the same plaudits at the start then the inabilities came to the fore, I think Klopp is of the same mold, but we’ll all have to wait for a while, maybe only next season when they slip out of the top 4 and struggle to make CL.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yeah but it suits the remit, that it’s everyone else’s fault they lost, Ramos for allegedly deliberately knobbling Salah, plus the Mane incident that has been carefully edited removing the initial contact, ok I accept he (Ramos) still made a meal of it, but the clip doing the rounds has been trimmed, and the keeper making 2 blunders, of course everyone else played well and without critique, when in fact the teams heads went down as soon as Salah went off but up until then I think possession at that time was 65/35 to Madrid and Liverpool were feeding off scraps, but as mentioned before this final and seen again in it, no plan B is seen and that lies solely at the feet of Klopp, irrelevant of individual errors on the park.

I genuinely don’t think he’s all that that everyone gets so worked up about, Rodgers got the same plaudits at the start then the inabilities came to the fore, I think Klopp is of the same mold, but we’ll all have to wait for a while, maybe only next season when they slip out of the top 4 and struggle to make CL.

At the end of the day mate, regardless of who is in charge, you can't make a silk purse from a sows rear 🐖

Fish

Banned
Visit site
At the end of the day mate, regardless of who is in charge, you can't make a silk purse from a sows rear 🐖

I agree, but I think many of them underperformed right across the park. Mane had a couple of decent spells and I think young Robertson was there best player on the night, which kind of speaks volumes, as he stood up in the biggest game of his career.

There were free headers, clear shots on goal and all from poor defending and general poor play, much poorer than I’ve seen most of them perform before. So why aren’t all those outfield players getting as much stick, after all, if they’d done better they may or should have protected their keeper more, but because of 2 errors, it’s like it was only his fault, when in reality, all the team need to take a good look at themselves as the whole performance was under par imo.

D

Deleted member 15344

Didn’t you also suggest we wouldn’t make top 4 last season and also the season before - why would we slip out this year when we are already strengthening the team and the teams below us both have issues - including your own team which has a number of issues to solve right now.

Rodgers had one good season despite spending a lot of money - Klopp has had two and half seasons and has improved as each season goes by , its night and day the comparisons between the two.

We reached the biggest cup final in club football and faced one of the best teams in history and on the day we just didn’t get the job done for various reasons but it was a close match for long periods of the match with both teams having decent chances

Losing one of the best players in the world is going to have an affect on the team - that’s natural and it’s a shame for both the team and the player because the outcome could have been a lot different if he stayed on the pitch - but he didn’t and we didn’t win , the manager now moves onto the next season , improves the team further and will go again. I would rather be in this position than the position of most of the teams in the Prem

As for the nonsense about the players not going to Karius - maybe it’s because they were also all on the floor and distraught about losing , maybe they know Karius more than anyone and understood that he needed a little time just like all the players did after the whistle went but it’s quite clear with the things been said he has plenty of support on the night and since

With the reaction from some you would think that we have just be relegated and a mass exodus has started - Klopp has started to create an impressive team with superb attacking talent and with the addition of VVD an improved backline - with further purchase in the summer then things are only going to improve even more and can see no reason why we won’t be challenging for the trophy again and getting closer to City.

As for West Ham fan slagging our fan base off and calling them the worst in the league - has he got memory loss of the issues at his stadium and his own fans going onto the pitch to fight with their own players and not forgetting the videos of the big fights with the spurs fans - he needs to take a good look at his own fan base first.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Didn’t you also suggest we wouldn’t make top 4 last season and also the season before - why would we slip out this year when we are already strengthening the team and the teams below us both have issues - including your own team which has a number of issues to solve right now.

Yes I did, because the last time you broke into 80 points which you need to compete was in 13/14, other than you've amassed 76 points (last season) at best, so where points are concerned, which is a reflection of how you've played consistently over the season and been rewarded, you haven't done as well as last season by 1 point, even though you've spent much more, and apparently, got one of the best players in the world!

As you've brought Chelsea into it, we've achieved over 80 points 3 times over the last 5 seasons, even better stats if you go back further, but you've stalled at mid 70's and that kind of points tally relies on other clubs that can exceed 80 points in a season on more regular basis having a poor season, which has been evident within those 5 seasons for us and others.

I can't see where your consistency will come from even with more purchases to put on another 10 points at least to compete for a title, especially with what I've seen of Klopp so far and knowing now how he sets up, I think your a long way off that still, if at all with him at the helm, and with Chelsea already proving they can perform to over 90 points, and now City being able to prove the same, the top 6 won't change that much for a good few years, but the 4th-6th will churn over and will be dependent more on some teams going through change or having a poor season, it won't be because of improvement, the points shown over the last few years don't lie.

So, other than reaching the CL final, which is an achievement, and finishing 4th, has Klopp really improved you that much, 76 points last season and 75 points this season, take City out of the equation and you haven't pushed United or Spurs (2nd & 3rd) close enough IMO, so I stand by my opinion and observations, that, Klopp isn't the messiah and with an improved Chelsea and possibly Arsenal next season, I still see Liverpool being the most inconsistent and vulnerable out of the 6 top places, as those other teams do have blips, but tend to bounce back with big points tally, you have no background of doing that recently and I can't see anything to change that view.

D

Deleted member 15344

The level of points over various seasons is irrelevant- the last 5/6 games Liverpool had they dropped them during a game after a CL match which was only natural - before Xmas we were behind Chelsea and Man Utd but since January improved considerably. You may not see the improvements but I suspect that’s because you prob don’t want to see that to get back into the Top 4 and CL Chelsea will need to hope a team drops their level. Chelsea went from winning the league to 5th place - that’s a bigger worry than Liverpool only getting one point less this season.

To suggest we haven’t pushed both Spurs and Man Utd this season means that you didn’t watch the second half of the season but that’s understandable with your own team dropping like a stone. Before the latter stages of the CL we were ahead of both teams - our squad suffered with injuries and not having the current squad depth we dropped those points late season but still enough to keep us top four for the second season in a row

But you said all the same stuff last year about Liverpool dropping out of the top 4 and you might have even suggested out of the top 6 but again just like the season before it proved not to be the case

Chelsea’s last three seasons are 10th , 1st and 5th - not the level of consistency you are talking about , when you add in an owner that has issues right now , no idea what sort of level of spending , a manager who may or may not be there , still unsure on what’s happening with a stadium to play in , some recent dubious signings and better players possibly looking to leave because of a lack of CL - would suggest looking at the bigger picture I’ll take the current situation at Liverpool with the manager and the squad over what is at Chelsea

I have no doubt that Klopp will improve the squad once again and will improve the league position next season - I expect most will clearly see the improvements made over the last two years and it’s only been a forward step

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I for one think Liverpool are not a million miles off challenging. Liverpool know where they need to build, keeper and a creative midfielder wouldn't go a miss. Totally agree Klopp dosent have a plan B, I say that having seen or not seen City's plan B at times this year.
People call Klopp, but he gets 110% out of his players, his plan A got them top four with a showpiece final, whilst selling Coutinho and missing the Ox and Salah in the final. Who knows what could of happened. Klopp does remind me of Pep a lot. He did well with that Liverpool team/ squad. What he does not remind me of is Maureen at Utd. I honestly think they have massively underperformed. Yet in this discussion of Liverpool and Chelsea, can Utd kick on as well.

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
I for one think Liverpool are not a million miles off challenging. Liverpool know where they need to build, keeper and a creative midfielder wouldn't go a miss. Totally agree Klopp dosent have a plan B, I say that having seen or not seen City's plan B at times this year.
People call Klopp, but he gets 110% out of his players, his plan A got them top four with a showpiece final, whilst selling Coutinho and missing the Ox and Salah in the final. Who knows what could of happened. Klopp does remind me of Pep a lot. He did well with that Liverpool team/ squad. What he does not remind me of is Maureen at Utd. I honestly think they have massively underperformed. Yet in this discussion of Liverpool and Chelsea, can Utd kick on as well.

You constantly bleat on (and on, and on) about how this City team are one of the greats (which in itself is laughable), so how have a side that finished 2nd to them, beat every other team in the top 6 and reached the FA Cup Final 'massively underperformed'?

D

Deleted member 16999

You constantly bleat on (and on, and on) about how this City team are one of the greats (which in itself is laughable), so how have a side that finished 2nd to them, beat every other team in the top 6 and reached the FA Cup Final 'massively underperformed'?
Because their name starts with M and ends in anchester United :rofl:

Tashyboy

Visit site
Where am i bleating. I am comparing Klopp to Pep coz in my opinion i see cmparisons. If am wrong show me comparisons between maureen and the other two

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site

a) City are not one of the greats unless they repeat it several times and do something in Europe.

b) Citing beating the top 6 sides as an achievement is a bit desperate for a team with Man Us pedigree. As is reaching the FA cup final as I suspect any of the top 6 teams could do that if they really wanted to seeing as not that many big teams take it that seriously nowadays. Coming 2nd is OK in a way, but they were never ever going to win it. So you could argue with the money Man U spent the season was not a massive under performance, but on the other hand it was a bit 'meh'. I think the trouble Man U have is that the manager does not seem to improve any players, and at best they stay at the same level.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bumped into some Liverpool supporters at the services yesterday... Aside from looking totally cream crackered and a little crestfallen they weren't angry with the result or how their team played... They felt they've had a good year and a one place improvement, next year, would be more than welcome and within their grasp...

Could be #delusional but isn't that they way with all footie fans...
Terrace dwellers or armchair watchers...

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
a) City are not one of the greats unless they repeat it several times and do something in Europe.

b) Citing beating the top 6 sides as an achievement is a bit desperate for a team with Man Us pedigree. As is reaching the FA cup final as I suspect any of the top 6 teams could do that if they really wanted to seeing as not that many big teams take it that seriously nowadays. Coming 2nd is OK in a way, but they were never ever going to win it. So you could argue with the money Man U spent the season was not a massive under performance, but on the other hand it was a bit 'meh'. I think the trouble Man U have is that the manager does not seem to improve any players, and at best they stay at the same level.

Youve put a lot of effort into that to completely miss the point of the post

Tashyboy

Visit site
Youve put a lot of effort into that to completely miss the point of the post
He might of done but i didn't. I have said City are good but not great. Al let others decide that. You sound a bit paranoid re the noisy neighbours. Focus on enjoying utds treble, 2nd in the league, 2nd in the FA cup, 2nd in Manchester 😁

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
He might of done but i didn't. I have said City are good but not great. Al let others decide that. You sound a bit paranoid re the noisy neighbours. Focus on enjoying utds treble, 2nd in the league, 2nd in the FA cup, 2nd in Manchester 😁

Tashy 1. : Diablo 0

😂😂😎