And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 15344

It's not like Klarius is an unused keeper. He has played many times before and made many mistakes. It has been known for ages that Liverpool have 2 dodgy keepers. It's irrelevant that Klarius has played well previously. It's been known by any fan that he can't be trusted but the powers that be thought there is not a problem. Hence my question, is Klopp everything you think he is by not doing anything about it, unlike Pep who did something straight away

I have no issues with Klopp and the players he brought in and didn’t bring in - Klopp is not at fault for what happened last night . Karius has played well for a good period now and just like other keepers who have had mistakes early in their career it looked like he was over them and being very solid between the sticks , even early stages last night he made some great early saves. He messed up - it’s as simple as that - no manager in the world could plan for that to happen but he will now act on it.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I have no issues with Klopp and the players he brought in and didn’t bring in - Klopp is not at fault for what happened last night . Karius has played well for a good period now and just like other keepers who have had mistakes early in their career it looked like he was over them and being very solid between the sticks , even early stages last night he made some great early saves. He messed up - it’s as simple as that - no manager in the world could plan for that to happen but he will now act on it.

Karius has had plenty of iffy moments all season. He was simply the lesser of two evils and so was picked. A clanger at some point was almost inevitable imo, although the timing and nature obviously unpredictable.

Imo Klopp isn’t to blame so much as the board. You’ve spent your Coutinho money on vvd and Keita. Oblak or dunnaroma? Will cost more than you’ll pay imo.

D

Deleted member 15344

Karius has had plenty of iffy moments all season. He was simply the lesser of two evils and so was picked. A clanger at some point was almost inevitable imo, although the timing and nature obviously unpredictable.

Imo Klopp isn’t to blame so much as the board. You’ve spent your Coutinho money on vvd and Keita. Oblak or dunnaroma? Will cost more than you’ll pay imo.
We haven’t spent the Coutinho Money , manager and club said that many times - it’s still there to spend but I don’t expect either Madrid or Milan would be up for selling their main keeper midway through the season. I have no doubt Klopp will look to bring someone in during the summer.

D

Deleted member 15344

When salah recovers from his arm injury caused by carrying Liverpool all season then he will leave and you might need your relegation battle keeper

Do you want to make a bet that Salah won’t leave when his arm injury recovers - fancy putting your money where your mouth is.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
We haven’t spent the Coutinho Money , manager and club said that many times - it’s still there to spend but I don’t expect either Madrid or Milan would be up for selling their main keeper midway through the season. I have no doubt Klopp will look to bring someone in during the summer.

Time will tell, if you have a net spend of £100m plus this window I’d be amazed and impressed in equal measure.

I think you’ve spent on average £20 pm a year since the owners took over in 2010, imo that’s not something that would give me confidence the board is going to dig deep.

You either chuck a bundle at it and show intent. Or you do an Arsenal and reap the financial benifits of regular CL for as little outlay as possible.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

A top class keeper at the end of last seasons when everybody knew you ad a problem woul of cost X amount of pounds. The same keeper after last night will cost Xxx pounds. Not a shrewd move by the board or manager or whoever is in charge or your purchases

D

Deleted member 15344

Why should he. You have benn offered on many occasions and always dodged the question

Which question exactly have I dodged ? I don’t believe Salah is going anywhere in the near future - i fully believe Salah will still be a Liverpool player next season. Is there any other question ?!

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Which question exactly have I dodged ? I don’t believe Salah is going anywhere in the near future - i fully believe Salah will still be a Liverpool player next season. Is there any other question ?!

You have dogged many people offering you to put money down but you have always swerved

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why should he. You have benn offered on many occasions and always dodged the question

Picking a bet that would be harder for me to win right now because if he is out for say 3 months he won’t pass a medicial .. and the window shuts in 75 days...

The one man team can carry on and normal whilst claiming the spuds are a one man team.

Surprised the Liverpool fans didn’t try a witty meme with Kane claiming the goals last night.. oh wait they lost so the world is over and we all must walk on eggshells.

Worst fans in the league by a country mile

Fish

Banned
Visit site

If you haven’t spent the money and it was available, then Klopp is responsible as he took a risk in keeping 2 keepers that weren’t the future and weren’t good enough for far too long. That risk has backfired on Klopp imo, both keepers had faults, just as your defence did, and still has to some degree, but he has started to address that with VVD. But he (Klopp) has constantly adopted the plan A attitude of, ‘we’ll score more goals than you’, with a lively front 3 and high intensity. There is never a visual plan B seen when things are not going your way, and again that was very noticeable against Madrid, but, the 2 errors from a keeper who displayed flaws before and was put in a position even when known to be a risk, is now the subject of a witch hunt, which is totally wrong imo.

Last edited:

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Just watching the BBC news and they are talking to the Liverpool fans post game. One of the Liverpool fans has said that Karius should never wear the Liverpool shirt again because of his mistakes from last night. But why? I get that he made massive mistakes, but so did Stevie G. Yup Stevie is a Liverpool legend, but both made high profile mistakes. I know Liverpool have had problems over the year with keepers, but is blaming Karius an easy option and should he play again for the Reds.
You say this. You call Joe Hart one of the best in the world.

And YOU call ME a troll. Hahah. Oh man.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The goalkeeper has been a problem for Liverpool for a number of seasons and is one that should have been addressed a long time ago. In my opinion, neither Mignolet or Karius are at that very top level you need to be a PL or CL contending side. It's a shame for Karius and I hope it doesn't define his career or wreck it. A very honest statement issued by him to the fans today apologising but I found it strange why no Liverpool player went to console him or encourage him after the first mistake and disowned him after the fumble and it took ages for a team mate to go over after the final whistle when Real players all went to the stricken player

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you haven’t spent the money and it was available, then Klopp is responsible as he took a risk in keeping 2 keepers that weren’t the future and weren’t good enough fobtoo long. That risk has backfired on Klopp imo, both keepers had faults, just as your defence did, and still has to some degree, but he has started to address that with VVD. But he (Klopp) has constantly adopted the plan A attitude of, ‘we’ll score more goals than you’, with a lively front 3 and high intensity. There is never a visual plan B seen when things are not going your way, and again that was very noticeable against Madrid, but, the 2 errors from a keeper who displayed flaws before and was put in a position even when known to be a risk, is now the subject of a witch hunt, which is totally wrong imo.
Classy death threats for the poor keeper

D

Deleted member 15344

If you haven’t spent the money and it was available, then Klopp is responsible as he took a risk in keeping 2 keepers that weren’t the future and weren’t good enough fobtoo long. That risk has backfired on Klopp imo, both keepers had faults, just as your defence did, and still has to some degree, but he has started to address that with VVD. But he (Klopp) has constantly adopted the plan A attitude of, ‘we’ll score more goals than you’, with a lively front 3 and high intensity. There is never a visual plan B seen when things are not going your way, and again that was very noticeable against Madrid, but, the 2 errors from a keeper who displayed flaws before and was put in a position even when known to be a risk, is now the subject of a witch hunt, which is totally wrong imo.

The money came in late in the transfer window in January- it’s not been sat there for 12 months ready to spend - the transfer window has been shut.

A keeper had a mare - not the first time it’s happened to a keeper and it won’t be the last time , a manager can’t plan for mistakes like that , beyond that and the wonder goal from Bale it was a very tight affair with chances very minimal at both end with both keepers making some very good saves.

He isn’t the subject of a witch hunt - a minority of idiots are acting like single cells idiots on social media , there have been thousands of messages of support for him from many fans and there is no doubt those messages of support will outweigh any spanner on social media posting bile - social media does that and every club have their idiots that spout it when things don’t go their way. I would expect most sensible people would understand it’s the idiotic minority.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The money came in late in the transfer window in January- it’s not been sat there for 12 months ready to spend - the transfer window has been shut.

Did the club know deep down that Coutinho would be leaving, maybe an agreement was in place with the player, and so the outlay on VVD and Keita was made knowing that money was coming in from the Coutinho sale?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
But you want him gone also don’t you, never to pull on a red shirt again.

Wouldn’t the classy thing to do be bring in a top/experienced keeper and have him as the understudy, after all he’s young enough and can be coached and developed, isn’t that the Liverpool way? rather than, it’s defective throw it out!!

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
But you want him gone also don’t you, never to pull on a red shirt again.

Wouldn’t the classy thing to do be bring in a top/experienced keeper and have him as the understudy, after all he’s young enough and can be coached and developed, isn’t that the Liverpool way? rather than, it’s defective throw it out!!

He doesn't just want him gone, his inside knowledge on the workings of Liverpool FC seems to suggest he "will never pull on a red shirt again".