And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just watching the BBC news and they are talking to the Liverpool fans post game. One of the Liverpool fans has said that Karius should never wear the Liverpool shirt again because of his mistakes from last night. But why? I get that he made massive mistakes, but so did Stevie G. Yup Stevie is a Liverpool legend, but both made high profile mistakes. I know Liverpool have had problems over the year with keepers, but is blaming Karius an easy option and should he play again for the Reds.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Just watching the BBC news and they are talking to the Liverpool fans post game. One of the Liverpool fans has said that Karius should never wear the Liverpool shirt again because of his mistakes from last night. But why? I get that he made massive mistakes, but so did Stevie G. Yup Stevie is a Liverpool legend, but both made high profile mistakes. I know Liverpool have had problems over the year with keepers, but is blaming Karius an easy option and should he play again for the Reds.

Difference is that Gerrard was a world class player that slipped.
Karius is a poor goal that should have been replaced,Flopp should have sorted that out.

D

Deleted member 15344

Karius I’m sure won’t play again for Liverpool - unfortunately he made two massive errors that cost the team in their biggest game for a long time , it’s a mistake that will haunt a player and whilst I feel for the lad if the team needs to move forward it needs a stronger person between the sticks.

He has played well since he came in but was found to be below what was required when the high stakes happened. He won’t be the first player to have consequences from such a high profile basic error - Gerrard never commmitted an error that cost a team that much - even the slip was purely accidental. I have no doubt if it happened to a City keeper he would be gone , expect the same with all teams.

Overall Madrid had enough to win it and on the balance of play they deserved but Karius gave them the help they needed as well as Ramos shocking tackle on Salah but whilst no one can predict what could have happened it was a very close game until Karius first howler. So yes he has to take a lot of the blame and in fairness to him he has stood up and taken the blame with his messages to the fans and he gets a lot of credit for standing up to it - maybe that will help him rebuild his career

As for the twitter stuff from certain people - it’s a minority of complete single cell idiots and shouldn’t be used to judge a whole fan base.

U

User62651

As last line of defence there's a unique pressure on a goalie. Seems pressure got to Karius yesterday. Personally I hope Klopp gives him a run from start of next season, see how he goes. There's little glory being a keeper but it's arguably the most important position in the whole team and at 24 he can use that bad experience to hopefully become a great. Every keeper has the odd nightmare, alas he had 2 in one game, doesn't make him a terrible keeper overnight. Klopp's judgement backed up by Liverpools gk coaches is better than most I'd expect.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Karius I’m sure won’t play again for Liverpool - unfortunately he made two massive errors that cost the team in their biggest game for a long time , it’s a mistake that will haunt a player and whilst I feel for the lad if the team needs to move forward it needs a stronger person between the sticks.

He has played well since he came in but was found to be below what was required when the high stakes happened. He won’t be the first player to have consequences from such a high profile basic error - Gerrard never commmitted an error that cost a team that much - even the slip was purely accidental. I have no doubt if it happened to a City keeper he would be gone , expect the same with all teams.

Overall Madrid had enough to win it and on the balance of play they deserved but Karius gave them the help they needed as well as Ramos shocking tackle on Salah but whilst no one can predict what could have happened it was a very close game until Karius first howler. So yes he has to take a lot of the blame and in fairness to him he has stood up and taken the blame with his messages to the fans and he gets a lot of credit for standing up to it - maybe that will help him rebuild his career

As for the twitter stuff from certain people - it’s a minority of complete single cell idiots and shouldn’t be used to judge a whole fan base.

What did me about the comment from the kid was that he was about 20 yr old and it was probably his first ever big game. Can understand his frustration, but when you have followed your colours for years, you get to watch the good and bad. Watching Karius did remind me of Joe Hart at times for City and England.

just seen a clip on BBC news re the Salah "accident", it showed that Ramos legs did get entangled with Salahs, but he deffo knew what he was doin when bringing down Salah. Seems Ramos is not to popular in Egypt/ Africa and could well be getting a bit more flak than what Karius will get over the next few months.

D

Deleted member 15344

Nope - I don’t expect them to go for Butland , I think he will look abroad - either the AC Milan or Roma keeper - would really like them to break the bank for Oblak

D

Deleted member 15344

What did me about the comment from the kid was that is was about 20 yr old and it was probably his first ever big game. Can understand his frustration, but when you have followed your colours for years, you get to watch the good and bad. Watching Karius did remind me of Joe Hart at times for City and England.

just seen a clip on BBC news re the Salah "accident", it showed that Ramos legs did get entangled with Salahs, but he deffo knew what he was doin when bringing down Salah. Seems Ramos is not to popular in Egypt/ Africa and could well be getting a bit more flak than what Karius will get over the next few months.

The first thing Pep did was get rid of Hart because he knew he wasn’t good enough and he has subsequently gone on to show he was right

Karius was found to be short of quality at the biggest stage possible - a team can’t win with a keeper who can commit basic errors like that

D

Deleted member 16999

What did me about the comment from the kid was that he was about 20 yr old and it was probably his first ever big game. Can understand his frustration, but when you have followed your colours for years, you get to watch the good and bad. Watching Karius did remind me of Joe Hart at times for City and England.

Behave yourself, they tangled going for the ball and it was a complete accident Salah dislocating his shoulder.

Which picture do you prefer?

77D0882A-040B-4AF9-B8B9-BB860AB56E57.jpg

3D2F0FD3-04A0-4480-9DBE-8D9129EB33F4.jpg

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The first thing Pep did was get rid of Hart because he knew he wasn’t good enough and he has subsequently gone on to show he was right

Karius was found to be short of quality at the biggest stage possible - a team can’t win with a keeper who can commit basic errors like that

So you saying Klopp thought Klarius WAS Good enough. Therefore if that the case is Klopp good enough for not spotting he has a problem. Am only saying this because you posted earlier that the 1st thing Pep did was get rid of Hart because he not good enough and therefore Klopp doing nothing meant that Klarius was good enough.

D

Deleted member 15344

So you saying Klopp thought Klarius WAS Good enough. Therefore if that the case is Klopp good enough for not spotting he has a problem. Am only saying this because you posted earlier that the 1st thing Pep did was get rid of Hart because he not good enough and therefore Klopp doing nothing meant that Klarius was good enough.

Klopp thought he was better than Mignolet and was good enough to go through the season with priorities elsewhere - Karius has looked very good throughout the later part of the season but you can’t judge how someone will react in the biggest pressure situation of the season until it happens. There are plenty keepers who haven’t faced that situation where you would expect they would be good enough but could also produce a howler.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Behave yourself, they tangled going for the ball and it was a complete accident Salah dislocating his shoulder.

Which picture do you prefer?

View attachment 25009

View attachment 25010

Oh am convinced they tangled, from the differant angles I saw last night, that's what I would of gone along with. The view it showed from the BBC news today showed a clip I had not seen before, and they deffo tangled legs, but it looked like Ramos was making the most of the moment.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Klopp thought he was better than Mignolet and was good enough to go through the season with priorities elsewhere - Karius has looked very good throughout the later part of the season but you can’t judge how someone will react in the biggest pressure situation of the season until it happens. There are plenty keepers who haven’t faced that situation where you would expect they would be good enough but could also produce a howler.

It's not like Klarius is an unused keeper. He has played many times before and made many mistakes. It has been known for ages that Liverpool have 2 dodgy keepers. It's irrelevant that Klarius has played well previously. It's been known by any fan that he can't be trusted but the powers that be thought there is not a problem. Hence my question, is Klopp everything you think he is by not doing anything about it, unlike Pep who did something straight away