And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
How does that logic work? You defend Stirling’s ability by mention trophies won, yet criticise Ronaldo the moment he wins (another) champions league......
Once more, I did not bring up Stirling, as far as I am aware he never played tonight. Did Ronaldo have a good game yes or no. How is that a criticism. I also said Benzema, Kroos and Modric had good games. So help me out here, we are allowed to say someone has played well, but not say someone had a bad game.

Whilst we are at it, are we allowed to say Karius had a shocker. What's the differance?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sometimes you have days that nothing goes right!
we had one of them tonight.
we have known for a while the squads not good enough and did well to get to the final.
Madrid only came in to it when our main threat had gone , but we havnt got a Bale on the bench.
we gave the ball away to much , you just can’t do that at this level.
But you can’t legislate for individual errors and that’s what cost us.
Very disappointed.

Thought Ramos knew exactly what he was doing ! Sneaky horrible diver of a man he does it all the time but gets away with it.
The yellow for Mane was a joke and I can’t see how refs fall for this .

Thought they deserved to win but not like that.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I agree that Barca played nice stuff. So did Arsenal......

But no team has managed 2 cl back to back other than this team that has 3. I think calling them a cup team is a disservice as it suggests that’s all they ever compete in. They won the league last year didn’t they?

Barca have won 7 of the last 10, bit better than arsenal managed. They have combined beauty and trophies. Madrid did win last year, didn't remember that so hands up there, but before that it was 11/12. The obsession seems to have become CL or simply Barca have been the clearly better team over this period.

Madrid have a very fine team with some brilliant individuals but don't inspire, me anyway, in the same way Barca do. Personal opinion of course. Barca have an all round better team, hence they keep winning the league.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Once more, I did not bring up Stirling, as far as I am aware he never played tonight. Did Ronaldo have a good game yes or no. How is that a criticism. I also said Benzema, Kroos and Modric had good games. So help me out here, we are allowed to say someone has played well, but not say someone had a bad game.

Whilst we are at it, are we allowed to say Karius had a shocker. What's the differance?

my point was that you mocked Ronaldo, (blatantly coz he was a Utd player), then when someone criticised Sterling you used his trophy haul to suggest his ability wasn’t in doubt. That idea makes a mockery of your comments on Ronaldo, especially as you claimed he was over the hill considering the season he’s just had.

U

User62651

Ronaldo's an odd one for me, many times shows good sportmanship and grace, other times he seems pretty arrogant and selfish.

If you watch his reaction when Bale scores, it's a little sad, all the teammates rush over, Ronaldo doesn't, just seems he's jealous if any of his team mates, especially strikers, steal his limelight. Seen it often before, has to be top dog - should be team first always.
Ronaldo was decent yesterday but compared to the attacking player that left Manu U for Madrid back in 2009, it's night and day where he is now, still good but certainly over the hill (in the sense that his hill was like Mt Everest!).

Sergio Ramos is annoying, you'd love to have him in your own team for his leaderhsip and defensive ability, but a modern day hatchet man, hatcheting by stealth and always cheating. Watch him when he loses the challenege with Lovren for Mane's goal, has his hands are up over his face before his feet have even touched the ground after jumping.

I had it in my mind that Liverpool would lose because of the midfield imbalance, thought they might try the long ball over the top that worked v Roma and hopefully run the 'old' Madrid defence but it didn't happen. Milner and Henderson both got 5's in the player ratings I read, think that was about right. Back 4 for Liverpool were immense, pity about the GK, shame for the guy at 24, will have to be counselled to make sure that this game isn't career defining.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tashyboy

Visit site
my point was that you mocked Ronaldo, (blatantly coz he was a Utd player), then when someone criticised Sterling you used his trophy haul to suggest his ability wasn’t in doubt. That idea makes a mockery of your comments on Ronaldo, especially as you claimed he was over the hill considering the season he’s just had.

My mocking Ronaldo was tongue in cheek, like Sterling polishing his medals. Him playing for Utd had nothing to do with me saying he had a bad game ( by his former standards).
Maxflis post hits the nail on the head. It wasn't just his miss that I was on about, when he was through on goal, the Liverpool kid put an excellent tackle in on him. But a few years ago Ronaldo would of got his shot away.

D

Deleted member 16999

I’m sorry but all this talk about Ronaldo is silly to me, he’s just scored 44 goals in 44 games, saying he would’ve scored when through on goal a few years back while praising an excellent tackle is daft, we could also guess a different defender may of mistimed the tackle and given away a pen.

He’s one of the worlds greatest and last night I would “guess” that Klopp had a game plan for him and simply having him on the pitch makes a difference, just like Salah did.

As for Ramos, you know what you’re up against and the injury to Salah was accidental, the Ref didn’t give a foul when it happened and watching it again this morning, at one point while their arms are tangled Salah is actually grabbing Ramos’s arm and pulling him closer, it’s no more than 2 players challenging for the ball.

The game should and hopefully will be remembered for Bale’s first goal.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Karius knew he had not had a good day in the office, thought his humbling apology at the end was just pure class. Gotta feel for him.

His team mates didn't display any class, and the Liverpool fans bile, threats and comments all aimed at him are nothing short of a disgrace, it's not exactly his fault he wasn't up to the job in hand, he didn't pick himself, everyone has known Liverpool had a weakness in goal and with no real cover for the position, so if the keeper/s are prone to mistakes and not up to the standard Liverpool and their manager see themselves, who's fault is that.....

#You'llNeverWalkAloneMyArse :rofl:

Tashyboy

Visit site
I’m sorry but all this talk about Ronaldo is silly to me, he’s just scored 44 goals in 44 games, saying he would’ve scored when through on goal a few years back while praising an excellent tackle is daft, we could also guess a different defender may of mistimed the tackle and given away a pen.

He’s one of the worlds greatest and last night I would “guess” that Klopp had a game plan for him and simply having him on the pitch makes a difference, just like Salah did.

As for Ramos, you know what you’re up against and the injury to Salah was accidental, the Ref didn’t give a foul when it happened and watching it again this morning, at one point while their arms are tangled Salah is actually grabbing Ramos’s arm and pulling him closer, it’s no more than 2 players challenging for the ball.

The game should and hopefully will be remembered for Bale’s first goal.

Once more paul I have written something that has not been read correctly, who said he would score? Not me. I am not guessing anything re any differant defenders putting in a tackle that never happened. Ronaldo has had a good year, but last night he had a poor game by his high standards. Was his reaction to Bale " taking the limelight" an indication of that. Was his reaction to Bale trying to shoot when on an hat trick an indication to that ( would he of passed if in Bales position ). No.
My view is a view that is shared by others. It doesn't make me right or wrong, what it makes it is a view.👍

On on a positive note, there's rumours of Joe Hart going to Utd as a back up keeper 👍. One of the best keepers in the world.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Once more paul I have written something that has not been read correctly, who said he would score? Not me. I am not guessing anything re any differant defenders putting in a tackle that never happened. Ronaldo has had a good year, but last night he had a poor game by his high standards. Was his reaction to Bale " taking the limelight" an indication of that. Was his reaction to Bale trying to shoot when on an hat trick an indication to that ( would he of passed if in Bales position ). No.
My view is a view that is shared by others. It doesn't make me right or wrong, what it makes it is a view.👍

On on a positive note, there's rumours of Joe Hart going to Utd as a back up keeper 👍. One of the best keepers in the world.

Yet not even in the top 3 best keepers for his own country?

D

Deleted member 16999

I didn’t quote your post as it’s not aimed solely at you, although you did state a few years ago he’d of got his shot away :confused:
I don’t get this bad game by his standards bit though? Why? Because he didn’t score? Because the way he reacted to Bale’s goal?
He did react, he was over to Bale.

The man is a winner on the field, top players tend to be seen as arrogant or insular, he was right to get annoyed at Bale when Bale didn’t square the ball, Bale missed, but yet it’s Ronaldo’s behaviour that’s highlighted not Bale’s poor decision making.

Maybe, just maybe, Ronaldo was poor in some peoples opinion because Klopp got it right in how they handled him, unfortunately ither things happened no manager could of prepared for.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
I thought it was Liverpool vs Real last night but I might be wrong. Tashy’s (shockingly) making it all about Man City so maybe they played?

Anyhoo. Ronaldo has a very good game. It says a lot about the standard he sets that he seems to be criticised anytime he doesn’t score.

Wouldn’t be human if you didn’t feel for Karius but the two mistakes for the goals were beyond pathetic. Surely his last game for Liverpool.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
His team mates didn't display any class, and the Liverpool fans bile, threats and comments all aimed at him are nothing short of a disgrace, it's not exactly his fault he wasn't up to the job in hand, he didn't pick himself, everyone has known Liverpool had a weakness in goal and with no real cover for the position, so if the keeper/s are prone to mistakes and not up to the standard Liverpool and their manager see themselves, who's fault is that.....

i would have to agree here with this .
we have done very well with the squad we have and Klopp got a decent season out of them .
We can’t just blame the keeper (but it was poor)
Liverpool put no pressure on the ball and backed off to many times , and just let them have the ball.
It seems they don’t know the rules very well either judging by how they complained about the first goal.

This is exactly what happened in the first semi final when Salaha went off we just sat back with no real threat up front and just gave the ball back to them.

We have no plan B and this needs addressing.

Idiots on social media slagging GK are morons that’s why I don’t do twitter etc.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Like your tag line very amusing for a Sunday morning.

Got to hand it to keeper for having the balls to go over to the fans and apologise, must have been awfull for him in the dressing room, credit to Bale for trying to console him.

Big blow for Liverpool losing Salah so early as while he was on they looked the better of the two teams, it showed in their performance when he went off they stoped pressing high and looked a poorer team for it.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I didn’t quote your post as it’s not aimed solely at you, although you did state a few years ago he’d of got his shot away :confused:
I don’t get this bad game by his standards bit though? Why? Because he didn’t score? Because the way he reacted to Bale’s goal?
He did react, he was over to Bale.

The man is a winner on the field, top players tend to be seen as arrogant or insular, he was right to get annoyed at Bale when Bale didn’t square the ball, Bale missed, but yet it’s Ronaldo’s behaviour that’s highlighted not Bale’s poor decision making.

Maybe, just maybe, Ronaldo was poor in some peoples opinion because Klopp got it right in how they handled him, unfortunately ither things happened no manager could of prepared for.

Last season Bale failed to pass to Ronaldo and Ronnie threw his toys out the pram and the supporters ganged up on Bale making it uncomfortable for him.
Its a team game and Bale played his part as he actually won it for Madrid.
Rinaldo IMO was poor by the standards he sets and I'm sure he was not happy with his performance, all through the game I was saying to my son how poor he was playing.
If Madrid get rid of Bale they will be giving a rival a top quality player.

D

Deleted member 16999

Last season Bale failed to pass to Ronaldo and Ronnie threw his toys out the pram and the supporters ganged up on Bale making it uncomfortable for him.
Its a team game and Bale played his part as he actually won it for Madrid.
Rinaldo IMO was poor by the standards he sets and I'm sure he was not happy with his performance, all through the game I was saying to my son how poor he was playing.
If Madrid get rid of Bale they will be giving a rival a top quality player.
I didn’t think anyone was poor, maybe some didn’t live up to expectations, but like the Bale not passing incident if he’d of scored no one would of cared, I just think fans go looking for something that’s not there.
There’s a video now doing the rounds on twitter apparently showing Ramos elbowing Karius in the face a few minutes before the goal.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I didn’t think anyone was poor, maybe some didn’t live up to expectations, but like the Bale not passing incident if he’d of scored no one would of cared, I just think fans go looking for something that’s not there.
There’s a video now doing the rounds on twitter apparently showing Ramos elbowing Karius in the face a few minutes before the goal.

I said he was poor,below the standards he sets,and he was.