And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Missed one chance, that by his standards of a few years ago was a sitter. That was it. His legs have gone, even the guy that invaded the pitch run past him.

So no player ever misses an easy chance?

He was the top scorer in the tournament (again) and scored 44 goals this season.

He isn’t as quick as he has obviously aged, but he’s still the best As good a goal scorer as anyone in Europe.

D

Deleted member 15344

Ronaldo was always a threat , he was involved in everything but you knew he was there. The two guys in the middle were just class

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Peps Barca won it playing stunning football. It was a total team, wonderful and they were fantastic throughout the competition. Real are currently a cup team, damned effective, winning games where they are being outplayed, but they came third in La Liga and their style of play is not in the same league.

You have to respect their record in this competition, only an idiot would not, but there was a reason that Barca team was loved.

I agree that Barca played nice stuff. So did Arsenal......

But no team has managed 2 cl back to back other than this team that has 3. I think calling them a cup team is a disservice as it suggests that’s all they ever compete in. They won the league last year didn’t they?

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

He was the top scorer in the tournament (again) and scored 44 goals this season.

He isn’t as quick as he has obviously aged, but he’s still the best As good a goal scorer as anyone in Europe.

Just ask Sterling

D

Deleted member 15344

Some class from some of the Madrid players especially Bale going up to Karius afterwards to comfort him , that says a lot about the man to worry about him after he just won the EC - shame the same can’t be said about Ramos who seemed to enjoy Salah going off injured.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Some class from some of the Madrid players especially Bale going up to Karius afterwards to comfort him , that says a lot about the man to worry about him after he just won the EC - shame the same can’t be said about Ramos who seemed to enjoy Salah going off injured.

They did more than your own players and manager. They just left him there

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

Thought Benzema was playing very well, the substitution was an excellent one but thought Benzema was playing better than Ronaldo.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Winning the premier league and league cup " doesn't mean Jack". A thoughtful response.

Pass. Have not got a clue what you are on about. Winning medals has nothing to do with players missing sitters. Go back to what ever world you live in and I will leave it at that

Tashyboy

Visit site
Pass. Have not got a clue what you are on about. Winning medals has nothing to do with players missing sitters. Go back to what ever world you live in and I will leave it at that

Good, coz I made a comment that I thought Ronaldo had a poor game, apparantly I am not alone coz on the BBC sports site he has been voted as the third worst rated player for Madrid. Ironically Benzema was voted the second best after Bale. It wasn't me that brought up Sterling though was it. There is no doubting Ronaldo talent. But in my opinion shared by others, tonight was not his best night. And even though he missed a sitter like sterling has, he also will be cleaning a winners medal tonight.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Just seen some of the messages from Liverpool “fans” to Karius.
Absolutely disgusting.

Kaeius knew he had not had a good day in the office, thought his humbling apology at the end was just pure class. Gotta feel for him.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Modric is football velvet, pure class.
Phil, why do you think Ramos enjoyed Salah going off injured?

Have to agree Modric was outstanding tonight never even mentioned in the commentary, at least Gerrard acknowledged what a great game he had.