And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 16999

Bit of a chess match in the 1st half, 2nd half burst into life and the best team won, not sure if the match will be remembered for Bale’s first goal or Karius’s part in 2 of the goals.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Liverpool well beaten by the better team. Always going to be difficult when your keeper gives the opposition two goals but they never looked like winning after Salah went off. Would it be too harsh to suggest Liverpool are a one man team? Lallana did nothing after coming on and it's easy to see why he wasn't picked for the World Cup squad on that performance.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Think it’s time for this Madrid team to get a little more respect. I recall Peps Barca being lauded by many as they greatest team of all time for winning 1CL title. 3 in a row is remarkable in the era.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Liverpool well beaten by the better team. Always going to be difficult when your keeper gives the opposition two goals but they never looked like winning after Salah went off. Would it be too harsh to suggest Liverpool are a one man team? Lallana did nothing after coming on and it's easy to see why he wasn't picked for the World Cup squad on that performance.

You could see the heads of fans and players drop when Salah went off. Not totally a one man team but, apart from the goal and hitting the post, Liverpool didn't show much else.
RM we're simply more fluid, looked more composed on the ball and always seemed to have a spare player available.

D

Deleted member 15344

Gutted for Karius , been solid since he came in but you just can’t make those mistakes at that level - his career will be defined by that but he is young and I hope he can get through it , brilliant to get to the final with some amazing performances , i really hope Salah is fit for the World Cup , heartbreaking to see him get hurt like that. Got to move forward from that and use it to move us up a level - Madrid has all the expirence and deserved at the end. Really gutted for the lads who went out there and showed how amazing the support is right till the end and still singing now. Got to go again next season

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think Madrid showed how to deal with a high pressing game. Salah going off was a massive blow to Liverpool. Really feel for Karius and brave of him fronting up and apologising to the fans. I’d rather remember the game for Bale’s wonder goal though.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
What a goal from Bale, worthy of winning the final. Did Ronaldo play. Liverpools priority is a Keeper or two. Tonight highlighted that even more.
Gareth Bale nigh on said he wants to play football regular. He is deffo on his way if Madrid don't change owt.
Madrid get £100 million for Bale to pay £200 million for Neymar. Not a bad deal.

D

Deleted member 15344

And I really do hope that the final is remembered more for that amazing goal from Bale - fit to win any game but to do it on the biggest stage was just unreal. Under valued at Madrid

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Think it’s time for this Madrid team to get a little more respect. I recall Peps Barca being lauded by many as they greatest team of all time for winning 1CL title. 3 in a row is remarkable in the era.

Exactly. :thup:

Having seen them take Barca apart in August live in the Spanish Super Cup it was a big surprise to see how La Liga panned out.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
What a goal from Bale, worthy of winning the final. Did Ronaldo play. Liverpools priority is a Keeper or two. Tonight highlighted that even more.
Gareth Bale nigh on said he wants to play football regular. He is deffo on his way if Madrid don't change owt.
Madrid get £100 million for Bale to pay £200 million for Neymar. Not a bad deal.

Must have watched a different game, I saw him do quite a bit. Missed one chance (he’s human after all), but did eniugh to keep Liverpool’s defence on their toes.

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
Really good final, the only disappointment as a game for me was Salahs injury as Liverpool looked good before and it obviously deflated them until half time. Other than that it had everything, disallowed goal, huge mistakes, and the wonder goal. Ref did well too.

Liverpools best opp to win came in the 5 minutes after the equaliser but they just didn't have the quality to create that clear chance.

As a football fan and someone who played centre mid I'll remember it for the absolute masterclass put on by Modric and Kroos in CM. Best I've seen in such a big game in a long, long time.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Must have watched a different game, I saw him do quite a bit. Missed one chance (he’s human after all), but did eniugh to keep Liverpool’s defence on their toes.

Missed one chance, that by his standards of a few years ago was a sitter. That was it. His legs have gone, even the guy that invaded the pitch run past him.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I feel dreadfully sorry for Karius, horribly lonely for him out there.

Liverpool have needed a top keeper for a number of years and that has been horribly exposed tonight. Has to be priority number one this summer if they want to challenge next season.

Jack Butlands price just went up by a million percent 🤣🤣

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thank you for that result.

Felt for Salah I believe Ramos knew what he was doing although an unexpected outcome.

Felt for Karius too not the stage for two massive errors.

Henderson just woeful as an attacking force don't think he played a decent ball forward all game.

Anyway let's see who spends the cash this summer.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Really good final, the only disappointment as a game for me was Salahs injury as Liverpool looked good before and it obviously deflated them until half time. Other than that it had everything, disallowed goal, huge mistakes, and the wonder goal. Ref did well too.

Liverpools best opp to win came in the 5 minutes after the equaliser but they just didn't have the quality to create that clear chance.

As a football fan and someone who played centre mid I'll remember it for the absolute masterclass put on by Modric and Kroos in CM. Best I've seen in such a big game in a long, long time.

Would deffo agree with you re Kroos and Modric. Just seem to cement that team together.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good job the stewards didn't leave it to Karius to stop that knob who ran on near the end as he would have let him slip through his fingers. Klopp has known for sometime that he has a problem in the keeper department and doing nothing about it has cost him the biggest prize in club football. He may never get another chance

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

Peps Barca won it playing stunning football. It was a total team, wonderful and they were fantastic throughout the competition. Real are currently a cup team, damned effective, winning games where they are being outplayed, but they came third in La Liga and their style of play is not in the same league.

You have to respect their record in this competition, only an idiot would not, but there was a reason that Barca team was loved.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Great day. Don’t have to suffer Liverpool fans being loud at work etc for next 10 years and John terry cried

Great day all round