And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Well there goes our 100% record. First half Spurs had all the possession, but didn't create much. The tempo was slow and sluggish. Second half once Spurs got ahead, Watford then started to battle and win the fights, all seemed to start from Deeney's firm but fare challenge on Sanchez. Few others got involved, particularly Success when he came on.
At the end of the day Spurs were roughed up and out fought. We were not strong enough, but credit to Watford for their spirit and fight.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Well there goes our 100% record. First half Spurs had all the possession, but didn't create much. The tempo was slow and sluggish. Second half once Spurs got ahead, Watford then started to battle and win the fights, all seemed to start from Deeney's firm but fare challenge on Sanchez. Few others got involved, particularly Success when he came on.
At the end of the day Spurs were roughed up and out fought. We were not strong enough, but credit to Watford for their spirit and fight.

Remember that Wimbledon v Liverpool FA Cup final. That’s what I thought watching that this afternoon. Spurs were kicked off the ball and couldn’t mix it with Watford.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
The Dave’s have relegation clauses in all contracts to protect them after our last relegation

They will give him tons of time. They can’t afford to pay him and his team off would cost £20 million plus , then got to get a new manager who will keep us up (can’t call Sam or moyes pissed them off) so would likely have to buy a manager out a contract. Won’t happen

MP will have us playing as a team by October. Whilst attacking wise we were awful yesterday we did improve at the back. Diop looks a decent signing. One bedded in out of 9

I’m not having a pop, but £20m plus is nothing to pay out compared to being relegated, which is a loss of £50m plus, so, you can have blind loyalty, or you can have a business perspective, for me if you end up in the relation battle area with time still to turn it around, you offload and save yourself hopefully 30m plus to stay up and keep your players.

Why go down and stick with a manager who has obviously failed over a full season with a new pack of cards, I know it’s hyperthetical, but your history isn’t great, you must be the perverbial yo yo club, not good enough to sustain a status within the PL, but too good for the Championship 😏

D

Deleted member 15344

The Dave’s have relegation clauses in all contracts to protect them after our last relegation

They will give him tons of time. They can’t afford to pay him and his team off would cost £20 million plus , then got to get a new manager who will keep us up (can’t call Sam or moyes pissed them off) so would likely have to buy a manager out a contract. Won’t happen

MP will have us playing as a team by October. Whilst attacking wise we were awful yesterday we did improve at the back. Diop looks a decent signing. One bedded in out of 9

It’s almost like you are trying to convince yourself

Plenty of people said there was too many players arriving and time is short to allow them to gel , as well as the players being mid table at the very best.

I think you need to forget three year ideas of getting into the Top 8 because you need to be sniffing drugs if you think there is a chance of West Ham doing it. Right now there immediate plans is getting though this first crisis - with the games coming up it could be October before getting any points on the board and then it is a bonafide relegation battle and the question is - is it the right manager and players for that sort of fight.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No time for panic

April may is the time when the lack of points will matter or not

We are just 3 points off 16th place at the moment even with being on 0 points

No need to push the red button yet

Fish

Banned
Visit site
No time for panic

April may is the time when the lack of points will matter or not

😳 going by the last 4 matches, I’d say Dec/Jan, but that could well be brought forward if as I predicted, you get zero points in October.

Saw a great photo on Twitter earlier, a WH fan eating popcorn in the stadium, I’ve only eaten popcorn at the circus, maybe that’s where he thought he was 😂😂

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
😳 going by the last 4 matches, I’d say Dec/Jan, but that could well be brought forward if as I predicted, you get zero points in October.

Saw a great photo on Twitter earlier, a WH fan eating popcorn in the stadium, I’ve only eaten popcorn at the circus, maybe that’s where he thought he was 😂😂
In this league anyone can beat anyone. We should have won at arsenal last week but didn’t take the chances. We have plenty of time. MP lost his first 4 games before and finished 4th same season in laliga. He has the experience. He has good players to work with. No need for panic

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
West Ham's problems aren't with the new players gelling, it's with the players not caring, not working to get the ball back, not tracking runners, it's classic West Ham stuff. Pellegrini is the man to sort it out, but it's going to take time. What I hope for West Ham is that they don't ditch him after a tough start, he's got his work cut out working with this group of players but he's the sort of coach that will get them playing his way eventually and the rewards will come.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
West Ham's problems aren't with the new players gelling, it's with the players not caring, not working to get the ball back, not tracking runners, it's classic West Ham stuff. Pellegrini is the man to sort it out, but it's going to take time. What I hope for West Ham is that they don't ditch him after a tough start, he's got his work cut out working with this group of players but he's the sort of coach that will get them playing his way eventually and the rewards will come.

I think he is starting to find his back 6, keeper is settled. Centre backs are settled imo. Diop developing. Then Fredericks getting there. Sanchez in dm shores it up a bit

Only need to settle the front line
Personally I’d push mashuku forward to the left wing with yarmenlko on the right. Hard working pacey wingers to support arnie. With Anderson in the cam role

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We were bloody awful. In fact both teams were awful for the first half. We managed a terrible goal that we didn't really deserve. After about 65 minutes Watford woke up and scored two set pieces we defended horrendously. Then we just continued being awful. Everyone has a bad day I suppose. The 3-5-2 system doesn't seem to work for us anymore, against Fulham it wasn't really working either, we had to switch back to 4-2-3-1 to win that game. Good as Lucas has been, I'm not sure we really need him right up alongside Kane, I think it restricts Kane's field of movement slightly. And Dembele had one of his worst games for us yesterday, when he's been stating he might not have the stamina for a Premier League season, I don't think the solution is to take away his midfield partner so he has to boss it all on his own. Hopefully lesson learned now, sacrifice Sanchez and bring Dier/Wanyama/Winks in next to Dembele.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't think you sack Pellegrini after four games. I could be wrong but I don't think he's even in charge of signing players there is he? A lot of clubs work that way where the manager is given players and told to get on with it. It was always going to be tough getting so many signings playing well together immediately. You have to give him at least until Christmas I think - he's a decent manager with a decent record.

And as said earlier, it's not like you can call Sam again, that bridge is burned...

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not quite sure why Bardsley wasn't also invited to take an early bath :unsure:...
Totally agree .
If one player is the aggressor then fair enough but if they square up to each other in this way BOTH should go.
Bardsley walked away at first but came back for more so he should go as well.
But it was a very poor foul on Rashford so late it was off the pitch.

Should be a six game ban for this sort of thing imo it needs to be stamped out.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not quite sure why Bardsley wasn't also invited to take an early bath :unsure:...

When their heads met for the first time, it was Rashford's that made the butting motion. He had to go after that. Looking at what Bardsley also did, I agree, he should have walked. He started the biffo with a deliberate kick, worthy of a red on it's own, and then locked heads twice after the kick.

D

Deleted member 16999

I’ll give the Ref the benefit of the doubt that he didn’t see the kick and hopefully retrospective action will take place.
As for Rashford, no sympathy, he knows you can’t do that and expect to get away with it.
Bardsley also reacted and should of got a red for his head movement.

In the Everton v Huddersfield game Davies was rightly booked for shirt pulling, Huddersfield player reacted by swinging his fist 3 times at Davies, Ref did no more than speak to him.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ok something that’s really been annoying me with international football for a while. Sterling has dropped out of England squad but we opt not to call someone up

It should be compulsory to replace him. For example James madderson of Leicester think how much he would benefit of a call to train with the big boys

D

Deleted member 16999

I see Spurs and Sky have shafted Man Utd and Everton fans.
Absolute disgrace the PL allow this to happen!