And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 15344

Well you would think that, haha. The fact is Barca are much better than PSG, Napoli are better than Inter, but I'd expect PSV to be better than Red Star, so I say our group shades it on difficulty. Inter have an excellent side these days, on paper at least - Handanovic is a world class keeper, Miranda starts at the back for Brazil, Nainggolan one of the world's best box-to-box players has gone there, and they have a strong attack featuring Perisic and Icardi. Valencia side is not a patch on that, but United are struggling anyway at the moment so they could slip up there.

Go and look at the UEFA Rankings - they suggest our group is the harder group - Inter have been struggling for years , you can rattle off names from playing FIFA but they just qualified for the CL and were nearly 20 points behind Napoli last season and PSV are a shadow of themselves - Spurs should have no problems qualifying, it looks hard just looking at the names but that’s all.

I would have preferred Barce and Inter over PSG and Napoli

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1740

Inter are a very good side, much improved team in recent years.

PSG have some top players and Napoli arent no mugs neither but both teams have nothing to be fearful about, i fancy us to top the group.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Liverpool have the tougher group to qualify from, PSG and Napoli are both very strong sides, not sure how strong Napoli are post-Sarri though with Ancellotti in charge they won't be pushed aside easily and they're still comfortably better than Inter.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Strange performance from reds today we caused our own problems .
thought Leicester played well.
If they had a bit more going forward we would have been in trouble.
We gave the ball away all day very cheaply.
A few very wasteful balls when we had them on the break. Picking the wrong ball to many times!

Think Klopp needs to sit the keeper down and explain where row Z is.
But we won not at our best , which is a big bonus from last season.

D

Deleted member 15344

4 out of 4 - best start in 28 years I believe , having to battle to get the three points which is something we have struggled to do, bit silly of Alisson but thankfully the mistake didn’t cost us. Onwards we go

D

Deleted member 16999

Worst performance of the season so far, no fluidity, bad passes, well below par.
Huddersfield came with a plan, well organised, took no risks in the 1st half, 2nd half they took more chances and will rightly believe they deserved more than one point.

D

Deleted member 15344

see now I am willing to put money where my month is

I bet £20 to H4H that west ham will finish more than 10 points clear of the team that goes down in 18th place

I said we will be top 10 from the start.. the new signings are showing signs of gelling. we played well yesterday. were unlucky to not get 3 points let alone a draw . wolves next week will be tough but go into the game in a better place..

but like I said west ham will finish 10 clear points off 18th Place.. I am willing to be held to this bet of £20 to H4H (the charity everyone supports on this forum.. normally I would bet to the bobby moore fund)

care to put your money where your month (or fingers) are?
Another game ticks by and another nil points - played four won nil lost four , that’s up with De Boer record last season that got him fired

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Worst performance of the season so far, no fluidity, bad passes, well below par.
Huddersfield came with a plan, well organised, took no risks in the 1st half, 2nd half they took more chances and will rightly believe they deserved more than one point.

Dw we will give you 3 points in 2 weeks

I can’t believe today.. we outplayed arsenal completely but then didn’t turn up at all against wolves (no disrespect to wolves but arsenal are a side I’d expect to struggle against)

Last min aswell!

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Dw we will give you 3 points in 2 weeks

I can’t believe today.. we outplayed arsenal completely but then didn’t turn up at all against wolves (no disrespect to wolves but arsenal are a side I’d expect to struggle against)

Last min aswell!

Having seen Wolves at the King Power a couple of weeks ago, I would suggest that they are a very good side and certainly not one to be underestimated.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Having seen Wolves at the King Power a couple of weeks ago, I would suggest that they are a very good side and certainly not one to be underestimated.

Whilst I agree.. at home to wolves you expect to make more chances than away to arsenal

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Whilst I agree.. at home to wolves you expect to make more chances than away to arsenal

dont know why, Wolves are organised, familiar with each other and the gameplan, work to a system. Pretty much everything Arsenal arent currently and wont be for a while. Fully expect Arsenal will concede more goals than a lot of so called mid table sides this season, especially in the first half of the season whilst the manager and a lot of players bed in (if they do)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
dont know why, Wolves are organised, familiar with each other and the gameplan, work to a system. Pretty much everything Arsenal arent currently and wont be for a while. Fully expect Arsenal will concede more goals than a lot of so called mid table sides this season, especially in the first half of the season whilst the manager and a lot of players bed in (if they do)

Jazz it up whatever way you want, it doesn’t matter if it’s wolves, Everton, city. If your the home team you expect to make more chances than that. Very poor today

D

Deleted member 1740

I listened to the phone in on merseyside after the game and all but 1 where fuming, not a happy lot today 😁

D

Deleted member 16999

I listened to the phone in on merseyside after the game and all but 1 where fuming, not a happy lot today 😁
Only positive was Silva being unhappy as well.
Credit has to go to Huddersfield.
Happy with the start and stops us getting too carried away, long season ahead.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Thought Wolves were very good today, better than West Ham all over the park, having said that, it still took a very good save from Patricio to keep us in it. Who is turning out to be an excellent piece of business.

West Ham have been completely mugged off with that stadium, a soulless white elephant, with no redeeming features.