And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 16999

Can you elaborate, were not all sat in front of the tv ;)
Sky fixtures last weekend in Sept,
Sat 12:30 Man U v Everton
Sun 16:00 Spurs v City.

Spurs ground not ready, can’t use Wembley as NFL game on.
Game now switched to Mon 20:00 at Wembley live on Sky.
Sky now move Man U v Everton to Sunday 16:00.
Fans already booked flights, trains hotels as Sky moved it from 3pm to 12:30.
No apology or compensation to those fans.
Spurs stadium is the issue and Man U and Everton fans messed about.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Surely the issue is Sky buggering about? Just because we had to move our game doesn't make it compulsory that Sky move a completely different game. Or the grander issue is the Premier League apparently being dictated to by Sky rather than the other way around. It really is Murdoch's world we live in.

Fish

Banned
Visit site

Well I'd say that's it's only Spurs that's shafted everyone due to their ground not being ready and as such different arrangements, no doubt after assurances were given, have had to be made. Sky have essentially been forced into the changes.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Surely the issue is Sky buggering about? Just because we had to move our game doesn't make it compulsory that Sky move a completely different game. Or the grander issue is the Premier League apparently being dictated to by Sky rather than the other way around. It really is Murdoch's world we live in.

Sky pay a large amount to the clubs to sell a product. Would spurs have been willing to forgo their prize money this season and been left odd the schedule? Or would sky customers have been happy if the time slot was filled with a rerun?

Spurs in wrong here imo

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sky pay a large amount to the clubs to sell a product. Would spurs have been willing to forgo their prize money this season and been left odd the schedule? Or would sky customers have been happy if the time slot was filled with a rerun?

Spurs in wrong here imo
Well there's no 12:30 Saturday game now so a slot is still empty anyway. Maybe a less prime-time one but still. They could have moved Palace Arsenal from 13:30 to 16:00, less upheaval when it's still on the same day. I still don't think they needed to move the United game, that's on Sky, it was their decision.

D

Deleted member 16999

It’s all happened because of your stadium and the failure to provide an alternative.
Let’s move the NFL game......err no.
Whose decision is it to play your games at Wembley?

D

Deleted member 16999

Well there's no 12:30 Saturday game now so a slot is still empty anyway. Maybe a less prime-time one but still. They could have moved Palace Arsenal from 13:30 to 16:00, less upheaval when it's still on the same day. I still don't think they needed to move the United game, that's on Sky, it was their decision.
But it’s still messing others around because of you’s

D

Deleted member 1740

I thought all your match going blues lived on county road......... why do they need flights and hotels?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I thought all your match going blues lived on county road......... why do they need flights and hotels?

Come now Stu. I think with the number of tourists going to Anfield each home game it is shaky ground for a Red having a pop :D.

The issue is less likely to be for Everton fans than Utd, although some will still be affected no doubt. They have a good number who travel, whether from overseas or long distances within the UK. They will have booked their flights, hotels, trains etc already.

The issue here is the weakness of the PL. Offer them money and they will roll over.

D

Deleted member 1740

Come now Stu. I think with the number of tourists going to Anfield each home game it is shaky ground for a Red having a pop :D.

The issue is less likely to be for Everton fans than Utd, although some will still be affected no doubt. They have a good number who travel, whether from overseas or long distances within the UK. They will have booked their flights, hotels, trains etc already.

The issue here is the weakness of the PL. Offer them money and they will roll over.

😂😂 My reply was tongue in cheek.

I can't agree enough, its wrong but we know sky amd the premier league dont give a flying feck about match going fans, they only care about the armchair fans.

I'm not surprised by this decision though. it's not the 1st time and it certainly wont be the last time this happens.

D

Deleted member 16999

😂😂 My reply was tongue in cheek.

I can't agree enough, its wrong but we know sky amd the premier league dont give a flying feck about match going fans, they only care about the armchair fans.

I'm not surprised by this decision though. it's not the 1st time and it certainly wont be the last time this happens.
I think it is the first time, they normally don’t move fixtures twice when it doesn’t involve the Club with the problem.
It’s all Spurs fault.

D

Deleted member 1740

I think it is the first time, they normally don’t move fixtures twice when it doesn’t involve the Club with the problem.
It’s all Spurs fault.

Its not Spurs's fault for your game being put back a day. Sky are 100% to blame for that.

Spurs' situation hasnt helped but to totally blame spurs is laughable.

D

Deleted member 16999

Its not Spurs's fault for your game being put back a day. Sky are 100% to blame for that.

Nope, Spurs and their inability to build a stadium ;)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Exactly. Spurs have put out their own fans, and fans of City to an extent with this game being moved now. But to move the United Everton game was all Sky's doing. Nobody told them they had to do that.

D

Deleted member 16999

Is this a poor effort at winding someone up??

We agree that Sky putting Spurs' game back to monday is the correct decision,no?
Mate, when Spurs announced the delay to the stadium we had people on here calling for all sorts of sanctions and punishments.
Spurs knew the Sky fixtures when they chose Wembley and knew the NFL game was scheduled, they then tried for Twickenham.
Yes Sky have responsibility for some of this, but some rests with Spurs, they are at the root of all this.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Stu, yes I did know it was tongue in cheek. All a bit of a mess. Spurs are making a mess of the build, or their contractors are, and now a series of reactions are taking place. Spurs should get a mighty fine for the disruptions to various clubs. I suspect there will be amendments to PL rules following this to bring in more severe consequences for similar situations.

D

Deleted member 1740

On
Mate, when Spurs announced the delay to the stadium we had people on here calling for all sorts of sanctions and punishments.
Spurs knew the Sky fixtures when they chose Wembley and knew the NFL game was scheduled, they then tried for Twickenham.
Yes Sky have responsibility for some of this, but some rests with Spurs, they are at the root of all this.

Again, i agree the likes of us,cardiff,city and chelsea initially will be affected in one way or another by the mess caused by spurs but in no way can you blame them for sky moving your game. That is totally skys fault 100%. we can have a sunday without a 4pm game.