An audience with Adele

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Someone put me out of my misery; I'm trying to think of a top artist whose back catalogue is based almost exclusively on happy songs. The more I look at, the more of them seem to come from some degree of unhappiness.

So come on, who is it that is counteracting the Adele effect? :unsure:

I'm going with Peter Kay :)

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Someone put me out of my misery; I'm trying to think of a top artist whose back catalogue is based almost exclusively on happy songs. The more I look at, the more of them seem to come from some degree of unhappiness.

Timmy Mallett.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site

Beach Boys

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Your right Chris I would never criticize anyone’s music taste.

Oh wait a minute the exception being The Eagles??
Oh come on Roy, the Eagles are brilliant - in my opinion of course! ??
Your right Chris I would never criticize anyone’s music taste.

Oh wait a minute the exception being The Eagles??
Oh come on Roy, they're brilliant, in my opinion of course! ??

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site

The Wurzels?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I think you can have some morbid songs, but to base your output on it wears somewhat.
Karen Carpenter and Sheryl Crow :)

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
That’s the good thing about music - it’s all about each persons personal taste and what they enjoy listening too. There is no “bad music” it’s just different from what someone likes

Technically speaking Adele’s voice is superb , it’s the same with Ed Sheeran who gets a lot of flak but some just won’t like the music they produce

It’s like rap - I think it’s awful to listen to but for some it will be superb

There will be people that dont like groups like Queen , The Who , Pink Floyd etc

One of my favourite artists is Mike Oldfield but some will think he is horrific

But someone isn’t a fool for spending money on a ticket to watch or listen to what they like - it’s their choice.

Big fan of his early music - saw him in late 70's or maybe 80 - Platinum tour in London.