An audience with Adele

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Someone put me out of my misery; I'm trying to think of a top artist whose back catalogue is based almost exclusively on happy songs. The more I look at, the more of them seem to come from some degree of unhappiness.

So come on, who is it that is counteracting the Adele effect? :unsure:
I'm going with Peter Kay :)

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Someone put me out of my misery; I'm trying to think of a top artist whose back catalogue is based almost exclusively on happy songs. The more I look at, the more of them seem to come from some degree of unhappiness.

Timmy Mallett.

larmen

Head Pro

Beach Boys

Thread starter #166

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Your right Chris I would never criticize anyone’s music taste.

Oh wait a minute the exception being The Eagles😂😂
Oh come on Roy, the Eagles are brilliant - in my opinion of course! 😜🤣
Your right Chris I would never criticize anyone’s music taste.

Oh wait a minute the exception being The Eagles😂😂
Oh come on Roy, they're brilliant, in my opinion of course! 😜🤣

ExRabbit

Club Champion

The Wurzels?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro

I think you can have some morbid songs, but to base your output on it wears somewhat.
Karen Carpenter and Sheryl Crow :)

ExRabbit

Club Champion
That’s the good thing about music - it’s all about each persons personal taste and what they enjoy listening too. There is no “bad music” it’s just different from what someone likes

Technically speaking Adele’s voice is superb , it’s the same with Ed Sheeran who gets a lot of flak but some just won’t like the music they produce

It’s like rap - I think it’s awful to listen to but for some it will be superb

There will be people that dont like groups like Queen , The Who , Pink Floyd etc

One of my favourite artists is Mike Oldfield but some will think he is horrific

But someone isn’t a fool for spending money on a ticket to watch or listen to what they like - it’s their choice.

Big fan of his early music - saw him in late 70's or maybe 80 - Platinum tour in London.