An audience with Adele

D

Deleted member 16999

Exxxxaccctttlllyyyy. ?
Slight difference between sharing a news report relevant the thread subject on the actual day it is released and searching the internet to find some random pointless fact not related to the thread.

The link I posted does not mention Youtube. You’re welcome.(y)

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Slight difference between sharing a news report relevant the thread subject on the actual day it is released and searching the internet to find some random pointless fact not related to the thread.

The link I posted does not mention Youtube. You’re welcome.(y)

Are you really that obstinate that you miss the point. One that you underscore yourself. I forgot you are in the “if it doesn’t directly relate then it’s non-relative” camp which is a great caveat for internet arguments along with “I never said that” where explicit implication can be found.

The point, using comparative reasoning, is that number of streams/views/accesses is not a directly correlative indication of talent.

But I suspect you agent’s really that obstinate and knew that.

I’m off to play golf now, you have a great day.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
One of my guilty pleasures…the voice of Karen Carpenter…? - not bad for a drummer…and I’ve never before seen that specific video of ‘Close to You’…many thanks for posting.

Just shows how taste is a very individual thing. And then again I love the voice of Judith Durham…and that ages me And you might think that even the glorious Judith doesn’t quite hit the pitch of a few notes - but no one would dare suggest… ?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16999

Are you really that obstinate that you miss the point. One that you underscore yourself. I forgot you are in the “if it doesn’t directly relate then it’s non-relative” camp which is a great caveat for internet arguments along with “I never said that” where explicit implication can be found.

The point, using comparative reasoning, is that number of streams/views/accesses is not a directly correlative indication of talent.

You’ve added nothing to the thread, no opinion on Adele or her music, just a couple of comments which you probably feel makes you look clever.

Then we get the having a go at another poster.:rolleyes:

As fragger has put “some (ie you) need to calm down”

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
You posted
Not bad for someone who is “very out of tune” and “her pitch is definitely out”

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/adel...-hits-55-million-weekly-song-streams-12479724

To me that suggests you are saying that someone with so many streams can't be a bad singer. A fair point.

But Greig suggested that might not always be the case as Gangnam style has 2.4 bn views.
Another valid point which in my opinion suggests quantity doesn't always equal quality.

Greig's biggest problem is he's gone out to play golf in this weather :eek:

D

Deleted member 15344

Not sure if I should be jealous looking at the weather but good luck ??

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Someone put me out of my misery; I'm trying to think of a top artist whose back catalogue is based almost exclusively on happy songs. The more I look at, the more of them seem to come from some degree of unhappiness.

So come on, who is it that is counteracting the Adele effect? :unsure:
Does O'Connor?

I'll get me coat.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Someone put me out of my misery; I'm trying to think of a top artist whose back catalogue is based almost exclusively on happy songs. The more I look at, the more of them seem to come from some degree of unhappiness.

Prodigy

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't know that anyone does exclusively happy songs but most do a mixture of happy, neutral and then the odd deep one. If a singer / band stick too heavily in the sad section then it is bound to turn some people off. Clearly, it is not damaging Adele's career but it will sideline people.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Once upon a time in a galaxy far far away I detested heavy metal and punk - might still detest punk to be honest. But guess what? Back in the day punk sold in the hundreds of thousands.

It’s about personal taste.

The argument shouldn’t be about who is poor and who is great, it’s about like and dislike. Is Adele poor? I’m sure her bank account suggests she is very well liked by a significant number of listeners.

But what about is her music dirgeful? If that’s her style, that’s her style. I’m yet to listen to a single artist/band that hasn’t put out upbeat and downbeat music.

I enjoyed her programme last week but, just like any artist, I couldn’t watch/listen to her/them exclusively.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Once upon a time in a galaxy far far away I detested heavy metal and punk - might still detest punk to be honest. But guess what? Back in the day punk sold in the hundreds of thousands.

It’s about personal taste.

The argument shouldn’t be about who is poor and who is great, it’s about like and dislike. Is Adele poor? I’m sure her bank account suggests she is very well liked by a significant number of listeners.

But what about is her music dirgeful? If that’s her style, that’s her style. I’m yet to listen to a single artist/band that hasn’t put out upbeat and downbeat music.

I enjoyed her programme last week but, just like any artist, I couldn’t watch/listen to her/them exclusively.

Indeed, but I'll suggest that when you listen closely to almost every artiste there's a lot more stuff that might actually tick the downbeat box than the upbeat.

Despite the challenge, we are yet to be deluged with a huge list of exclusively upbeat artistes, and I'd suggest that some of those offered aren't actually that upbeat.

Still, it seems to be fashionable to have a go at anyone successful so it's Adele's turn in the crosshairs, never mind that the reason given applies to a lot of other artistes in my opinion.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

Ken Dodd and the Diddy men ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Indeed, but I'll suggest that when you listen closely to almost every artiste there's a lot more stuff that might actually tick the downbeat box than the upbeat.

Despite the challenge, we are yet to be deluged with a huge list of exclusively upbeat artistes, and I'd suggest that some of those offered aren't actually that upbeat.

Still, it seems to be fashionable to have a go at anyone successful so it's Adele's turn in the crosshairs, never mind that the reason given applies to a lot of other artistes in my opinion.
Nobody has to be relentlessly upbeat, just occasionally will do ?. Annie Lennox seemed to manage the balance pretty well.