An audience with Adele

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
As Homer said, it's his opinion. He has a right to it. There are lots of singers and bands that people like and others can't stand them. It doesn't make either side right or wrong. It's just an opinion. It's how it sounds to the individual ear.

As I said in my first sentence in post 99, "Yes you're entitled to your opinion".
It's very annoying when I read, "Very out of tune and can't reach the notes".
I wonder if all who have given their ( unfair) opinion actually watched the whole show. Apart from the first half hour, I watched it all and she was spot on in every song.
If someone posts here about an artist or band that they like and it's not to my taste, I wouldn't dream of slagging them off as some on here have done. Certainly not sticking pins in body parts - very crass!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Some of her songs are more upbeat although the lyrics still less so. She sings from the heart and I guess when she's happy doesn't write much...many artists over the years have been similar.

For me I'll never, ever forget that performance at the Brits of "Someone Like You"...breathtaking. "Can't sing, no talent"...not for me.

D

Deleted member 15344

Some of her songs are more upbeat although the lyrics still less so. She sings from the heart and I guess when she's happy doesn't write much...many artists over the years have been similar.

For me I'll never, ever forget that performance at the Brits of "Someone Like You"...breathtaking. "Can't sing, no talent"...not for me.

Stunning performance and heard many say it was one of the best they have seen at the awards

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Stunning performance and heard many say it was one of the best they have seen at the awards
She certainly does have a stage 'presence'!
I prefer this! (Same title different song/performer). Saw him in concert whenever I could (too many) years ago, but this is still up there as one of my favourites! Far more 'positive' too!

Last edited:

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I still dont like her music and no complaining by the footy crew or whoever is going to change that. I would say Alison Moyet had a better voice.
Anyway, you lot carry on.....

Yes yes yes.
I saw her with Michel Legrand a few years back, such a classy singer. For a musician as high calibre as him to choose Alison Moyet to tour with him speaks volumes.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Being able to sing in tune does not mean you have perfect pitch.
If someone plays a ''C'' on a piano and asks a singer to sing that note, if the singer can sing the note, that means they can sing in tune. Or the singer sings along with a band or backing track.

If you are playing golf and someone says sing a ''C'' and you can sing it in tune, that's perfect pitch.
Many wrongly claim to have it, very few do.
Bill Bailey also has perfect pitch. Brilliant comedian, possibly an even better musician. Anyway, useless bit of pub quiz information, back to the argument...

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
As I said in my first sentence in post 99, "Yes you're entitled to your opinion".
It's very annoying when I read, "Very out of tune and can't reach the notes".
I wonder if all who have given their ( unfair) opinion actually watched the whole show. Apart from the first half hour, I watched it all and she was spot on in every song.
If someone posts here about an artist or band that they like and it's not to my taste, I wouldn't dream of slagging them off as some on here have done. Certainly not sticking pins in body parts - very crass!

Your right Chris I would never criticize anyone’s music taste.

Oh wait a minute the exception being The Eagles??

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It could have chosen anywhere, office, jungle, football pitch anywhere where you don't have access to a reference note to copy.
I only picked a golf course because (a) this is a golf forum (b) you don't get many pianos on a golf course. Unless Chrisd brings his

To be fair, you generally don't get too many pianos on a football pitch or in the jungle either.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I like my music either curated by a radio DJ or buy the occasional ’best of’ album. The likelihood that an artist has written 15 good songs in the same year is rather low.
There are probably 6/7 Adele songs I like and the new ones I heard so far are not part of it. Yet.

Has anyone else seen Andy Pearson’s routine which explained an Adele album?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Just outta interest. What is Adele’s most uplifting happy song. ??

Someone put me out of my misery; I'm trying to think of a top artist whose back catalogue is based almost exclusively on happy songs. The more I look at, the more of them seem to come from some degree of unhappiness.

So come on, who is it that is counteracting the Adele effect? :unsure: