An audience with Adele

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
D

Deleted member 15344

A prime example.

Lewis Hamilton has made a personal pledge of £20m as F1's seven-time world champion launches a new charitable foundation to support underrepresented groups in the UK.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/2...itable-foundation-with-personal-pledge-of-20m

https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/articles/4c2db268-c9c4-43ba-a41c-284b8f0f1dd4

https://moneyinc.com/most-charitable-athletes-in-the-world/

https://syndication.bleacherreport....etes-who-are-ridiculously-charitable.amp.html

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-46470591.amp

There are thousands of sports , music , film stars etc who have donated money , time , set up foundations and got their hands dirty with charity work

Pin-seeker

Visit site
That’s the good thing about music - it’s all about each persons personal taste and what they enjoy listening too. There is no “bad music” it’s just different from what someone likes

Technically speaking Adele’s voice is superb , it’s the same with Ed Sheeran who gets a lot of flak but some just won’t like the music they produce

It’s like rap - I think it’s awful to listen to but for some it will be superb

There will be people that dont like groups like Queen , The Who , Pink Floyd etc

One of my favourite artists is Mike Oldfield but some will think he is horrific

But someone isn’t a fool for spending money on a ticket to watch or listen to what they like - it’s their choice.
Think he was talking about the price of tickets ??

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
D

Deleted member 15344

I know, I never said they didn't

So what was the message you were trying to convey across with this post ?‍♂️

I know, I never said they didn't

So what was the message you were trying to convey across with this post ?‍♂️

Have I missed something?
There's a big difference between giving money and raising money.

I know a lot of them give their time free of charge to raise money and that's brilliant but most of the time the money still comes from Joe public.

Football fans will probably remember that Sir Alex Ferguson had a life saving brain operation in 2018.

As a thank you to the NHS who saved his life, multi-millionaire Ferguson.....held a fundraiser.
He invited 230 of his rich and famous friends and raised a total of £0.4m
That's a bit over £1,700 each.
I'll bet the Salford Royal staff were ''taken aback''.

I think if the public saw some of these obscenely rich people digging into their own pockets to help charities, they would get a lot more respect, not to mention publicity. And I'm sure some do.

Disclaimer
1. I know many of them give money, it's just strange we never hear about.
2. I know some don't want the publicity.

Can you imagine the Manchester Footballers Medical Centre
Or the London Footballers Homeless Shelters
Or the pop stars fund for musical instruments/music schools.
Or the European Tour Players golf scholarship for kids.

These rich people could make a massive difference in the world, especially if they combined their wealth instead of flying off to space.
Even paying their fare share of tax would be a start.
Have I missed something?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Much like the £8 hamburger at football. Yes its overpriced but if people are willing to stump up the money you cannot say its "too much" These things are priced to what the market can stand, If they were left with unsold Hamburgers/seats the pricing structure would be changed.

Whilst I agree with the comment I've got a lot more sympathy for the artistes in this than the burger van.

One of the "joys" of the internet is the amount of free music people can help themselves to (see how much artistes get paid by Spotify etc), which mean concerts have been turned on their head; what was once a break even or loss leader to promote an album, the sales of which provided the band with income, has become the income as the internet means no one has to buy LP's or CD's anymore but can download their music for buttons.

As regards the cost of the higher end tickets, I'd say that's much akin to air travel; those that turn left when they get on pay a price far in excess of the improvements they receive over those in cattle class, but they are happy to do so for the benefits and those in cattle class are subsidised by those at the pointy end. Does anyone slag the airlines off over this? Yet the artistes applying the same business model get slaughtered.

For the record, I'm very much looking forward to business class at Anfield next year for The Eagles. :)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Whilst I agree with the comment I've got a lot more sympathy for the artistes in this than the burger van.

One of the "joys" of the internet is the amount of free music people can help themselves to (see how much artistes get paid by Spotify etc), which mean concerts have been turned on their head; what was once a break even or loss leader to promote an album, the sales of which provided the band with income, has become the income as the internet means no one has to buy LP's or CD's anymore but can download their music for buttons.

As regards the cost of the higher end tickets, I'd say that's much akin to air travel; those that turn left when they get on pay a price far in excess of the improvements they receive over those in cattle class, but they are happy to do so for the benefits and those in cattle class are subsidised by those at the pointy end. Does anyone slag the airlines off over this? Yet the artistes applying the same business model get slaughtered.

For the record, I'm very much looking forward to business class at Anfield next year for The Eagles. :)
I think this is a fair point that is overlooked actually. Album sales are not all what they were, with people using Spotify and artists probably earning close to bugger all from that, so they've had to bump up the live ticket prices a bit. The cost of modern day convenience I guess.

Blue in Munich

Visit site
I think this is a fair point that is overlooked actually. Album sales are not all what they were, with people using Spotify and artists probably earning close to bugger all from that, so they've had to bump up the live ticket prices a bit. The cost of modern day convenience I guess.

https://dittomusic.com/en/blog/how-much-do-music-streaming-services-pay-musicians/

Per 1,000 streams;

Spotify $4.37
Apple $7.35
Amazon $4.02
Napster $19.00
Google $6.76
YouTube $0.69

Absolutely criminal.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
https://dittomusic.com/en/blog/how-much-do-music-streaming-services-pay-musicians/

Per 1,000 streams;

Spotify $4.37
Apple $7.35
Amazon $4.02
Napster $19.00
Google $6.76
YouTube $0.69

Absolutely criminal.

I do agree but there are some longer term benefits in that there are songs that I would neer purchase but stream as part of a party list or songs that stream as part of random playlists etc. I do agree that the the streaming payings are awul but for the bigger bands, I think that the money earned from their back catalogue and the revenue that could be earned on their tracks going forward can prove some compensation. it still shafts the smaller acts though but, then again, does it give them a wider audience.

Agree still that the rates are criminal but I can see some other sides to the argument.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Don't you think though that at most(?) of these things it's an ass-kissing thing with it all prearranged?
But have to agree, what a voice, performer, writer, timing-and the band were spot on too, may watch again tonight?

One bit was defo pre arranged. It couldn't not be. I won't ruin it for those who want to watch as it was good but they will know when they see that it couldn't be a spur of moment thing

I really like her, Sheeran and Coldplay lol all their music and performances especially live

But I don't like the audience with bits .. its a bit cringe

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thats an absolute pittance, I wonder what they would have earned for 1000 albums sold?

This is where I also question the position. I am guessing that the artists share of an album sale is not that great Also, is that payment per 1000 streams of a song or of an album. I suspect that if it were per song and 1000 people listened to the whole album then they could make more, no idea really, just guessing. That said, taking Adele as an example, based on the fact that she will be getting millions of streams per day, that can soon rack up the payments.

Blue in Munich

Visit site