An audience with Adele

D

Deleted member 15344

As my dad used to say”A fool and his money are soon parted”

That’s the good thing about music - it’s all about each persons personal taste and what they enjoy listening too. There is no “bad music” it’s just different from what someone likes

Technically speaking Adele’s voice is superb , it’s the same with Ed Sheeran who gets a lot of flak but some just won’t like the music they produce

It’s like rap - I think it’s awful to listen to but for some it will be superb

There will be people that dont like groups like Queen , The Who , Pink Floyd etc

One of my favourite artists is Mike Oldfield but some will think he is horrific

But someone isn’t a fool for spending money on a ticket to watch or listen to what they like - it’s their choice.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Seemingly Adele has said the tracks should be listened to in the correct order as on the album, no shuffling allowed :eek:
Spotify have changed their policy at her demand so that the default for any album (not just hers - ALL albums) is no longer ‘shuffle’. The power of the top artiste - more power to her elbow. See also Taylor Swift re-recording her first six albums so that she gets the revenue rather some investment fund.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That’s the good thing about music - it’s all about each persons personal taste and what they enjoy listening too. There is no “bad music” it’s just different from what someone likes

Technically speaking Adele’s voice is superb , it’s the same with Ed Sheeran who gets a lot of flak but some just won’t like the music they produce

It’s like rap - I think it’s awful to listen to but for some it will be superb

There will be people that dont like groups like Queen , The Who , Pink Floyd etc

One of my favourite artists is Mike Oldfield but some will think he is horrific

But someone isn’t a fool for spending money on a ticket to watch or listen to what they like - it’s their choice.
I get the choice arguement, no problem with tha. I am responding to the costs listed do tickets to see her. Some think she’s good, but she ain’t that good especially for those prices.
To me, she’s no better than c rap music.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I get the choice arguement, no problem with tha. I am responding to the costs listed do tickets to see her. Some think she’s good, but she ain’t that good especially for those prices.
To me, she’s no better than c rap music.

Then it's time to come into the 21st century regarding ticket prices. ;)

Adele is a top artist (whether you agree with that or not, the music sales and ticket demand proves otherwise) and the prices being charged are what all the top artists charge.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Then it's time to come into the 21st century regarding ticket prices. ;)

Adele is a top artist (whether you agree with that or not, the music sales and ticket demand proves otherwise) and the prices being charged are what all the top artists charge.

I agree with the fact that this is simply what top acts charge. I guess my issue is with the slightly contradictory attitudes that some acts show. To the press, it is all for the fans, the fans mean everything, loyal fans are my world but outside of that it is charge ticket prices that few can afford, take little stand against the touts as all that matter is that the tickets sell, charge £30 plus for a tour shirt, offer increased access and better viewing to the wealthy and famous etc.

Again, not aimed at Adele, pretty much every top act does it

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I agree with the fact that this is simply what top acts charge. I guess my issue is with the slightly contradictory attitudes that some acts show. To the press, it is all for the fans, the fans mean everything, loyal fans are my world but outside of that it is charge ticket prices that few can afford, take little stand against the touts as all that matter is that the tickets sell, charge £30 plus for a tour shirt, offer increased access and better viewing to the wealthy and famous etc.

Again, not aimed at Adele, pretty much every top act does it
And then they come on fundraisers like Children in Need/Comic Relief and tell us to part with more money!

D

Deleted member 15344

And then they come on fundraisers like Children in Need/Comic Relief and tell us to part with more money!

These artists do also contribute as well - both their time and also money

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just a few examples of those who give their own time & money.

https://www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/jon-bon-jovi

https://www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/elton-john

https://www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/coldplay

Is it really an issue if they encourage us to give a bit to help those not as fortunate?

I never look further than Dave Grohl when looking at those who give to their fans. Always seeming to be doing something just randomly nice for fans, normally plays some small gigs under a pseudonym before a big concert, went back to selling tickets to fans at a physical ticket office to stop touting etc Just generally seems like the nicest bloke who really cares about fans

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I never look further than Dave Grohl when looking at those who give to their fans. Always seeming to be doing something just randomly nice for fans, normally plays some small gigs under a pseudonym before a big concert, went back to selling tickets to fans at a physical ticket office to stop touting etc Just generally seems like the nicest bloke who really cares about fans

Absolutely - but went to get Foos tickets when the got released a while ago and they were £140

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That is steep. Where was that. Did not pay anywhere near that the 2 times I saw them at Milton Keynes.

That was for the London Stadium in June/July time. Saw them there a couple of years ago and it wasn’t that expensive then either….is now though!

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
There's a big difference between giving money and raising money.

I know a lot of them give their time free of charge to raise money and that's brilliant but most of the time the money still comes from Joe public.

Football fans will probably remember that Sir Alex Ferguson had a life saving brain operation in 2018.

As a thank you to the NHS who saved his life, multi-millionaire Ferguson.....held a fundraiser.
He invited 230 of his rich and famous friends and raised a total of £0.4m
That's a bit over £1,700 each.
I'll bet the Salford Royal staff were ''taken aback''.

I think if the public saw some of these obscenely rich people digging into their own pockets to help charities, they would get a lot more respect, not to mention publicity. And I'm sure some do.

Disclaimer
1. I know many of them give money, it's just strange we never hear about.
2. I know some don't want the publicity.

Can you imagine the Manchester Footballers Medical Centre
Or the London Footballers Homeless Shelters
Or the pop stars fund for musical instruments/music schools.
Or the European Tour Players golf scholarship for kids.

These rich people could make a massive difference in the world, especially if they combined their wealth instead of flying off to space.
Even paying their fare share of tax would be a start.