American Golf = CRAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

needy

Medal Winner
Visit site
Ok im not one to rant BUT

Im after a ping i5 UW and LW yes i know there old club but i really like them.

OK i contacted ping direct and they told me that they do have them but i have to go through a Ping retailer to purchase them so i contacted American Golf. The guy from american golf said "I will ring you back" which he didnt, I rang him back for his reply to be " I just got of phone to them and they cant get the clubs as they are a old model " Obviously he didnt know i had already contacted Ping direct ... What a wombat
I bet if i rang for a full set of i5s + i3 + zings he would have had a different attitude with me £££££££

If theres any retailers out there that can get hold of them please contact me (Or even a second hand pair)

Thanks Guys

Last edited by a moderator:

gmhubble

Head Pro
Visit site
Your local pro should be able to?

I had a similar experience with AG - told me that Callaway couldn't expedite custom fitting and that it would be 2 weeks - I called Callaway direct and explained I was going away and they did it in 3 days

G

guest100718

I got 300 quid against my new ap2s for my knackered callaway. they seem ok to me

D

Deleted member 16999

OK i contacted ping direct and they told me that they do have them but i have to go through a Ping retailer to purchase them so i contacted American Golf. The guy from american golf said "I will ring you back" which he didnt, I rang him back for his reply to be " I just got of phone to them and they cant get the clubs as they are a old model " Obviously he didnt know i had already contacted Ping direct ... What a Ar5e Ho1e
I bet if i rang for a full set of i5s + i3 + zings he would have had a different attitude with me £££££££

If theres any retailers out there that can get hold of them please contact me (Or even a second hand pair)

Thanks Guys
Why hide information from AG?
Surely if you'd of phoned them up and told them what Ping had said they would've simply took your order, sounds to me like you were trying to get one over on them :confused:

needy

Medal Winner
Visit site
Yes suppose your right but got right up my nose
Why hide information from AG?
Surely if you'd of phoned them up and told them what Ping had said they would've simply took your order, sounds to me like you were trying to get one over on them :confused:

D

Deleted member 16999

Your local pro should be able to?

I had a similar experience with AG - told me that Callaway couldn't expedite custom fitting and that it would be 2 weeks - I called Callaway direct and explained I was going away and they did it in 3 days
And yet you had built up a good relationship with your local store manager while using their trade in offer to get a whole new set up.

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site

OK i contacted ping direct and they told me that they do have them but i have to go through a Ping retailer to purchase them so i contacted American Golf. The guy from american golf said "I will ring you back" which he didnt, I rang him back for his reply to be " I just got of phone to them and they cant get the clubs as they are a old model " Obviously he didnt know i had already contacted Ping direct ... What a wombat

Thanks Guys

I am not the biggest fan of big box outlets but I actually think your asking a bit much. I5 is from 2008... pretty sure there is not a set available anywhere in the world. Communication is where AG have fallen down here.

try usedping or one of the other second hand places online.

Maybe keep your language clean as their might be young people reading. (Mods have sorted it)

Last edited by a moderator:

needy

Medal Winner
Visit site
Read my full post ...i contacted ping and they got i5s i just need a retailer to get them as ping wont sell direct to the public
I am not the biggest fan of big box outlets but I actually think your asking a bit much. I5 is from 2008... pretty sure there is not a set available anywhere in the world. Communication is where AG have fallen down here.

Maybe keep your language clean as their might be young people reading.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site

Maybe keep your language clean as their might be young people reading.

i think you read it wrong. ping have the club. they told tje op he just needed to order it through a ping dealer. he did, ag said they couldn't get it

D

Deleted member 16999

i think you read it wrong. ping have the club. they told tje op he just needed to order it through a ping dealer. he did, ag said they couldn't get it
He didn't, he's admitted he didn't tell AG what Ping had told him and then suffered a useless AG employee.

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
AG staff get paid minimum wage, have tough targets to hit and get little commission.

If you make weird, annoying requests with half information, they not always going to focus on you.

needy

Medal Winner
Visit site
UH...weird / annoying requests with half information lol
I done the research as i contacted ping direct
I run my own company and if i can make a few quid for the company it all helps...would never turn a customer away no matter what

AG staff get paid minimum wage, have tough targets to hit and get little commission.

If you make weird, annoying requests with half information, they not always going to focus on you.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

Spot on.

Re op. If you are able to a contact Ping and b, no of a place to vent your spline for attention. I'm sure you're capable to google official ping retailers and get someone other than ag to help.

But, in case not.

http://www.ping.com/dealerlocator/default.aspx

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
UH...weird / annoying requests with half information lol
I done the research as i contacted ping direct
I run my own company and if i can make a few quid for the company it all helps...would never turn a customer away no matter what

Thats the key point. If you make the company money, you in turn make it for yourself.

Minimium wage staff, if paid commission will obviously pay more attention to the easiest sales with maximum return. An old club would probabaly be last of their plans.

needy

Medal Winner
Visit site
Its more of a thread to get hold of the clubs im after
i.e:- if theres anyone out there that wants to make a few quid

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Its more of a thread to get hold of the clubs im after
i.e:- if theres anyone out there that wants to make a few quid

OK but you havnt got enough posts to be able to post in the For Sale section, and im not having you use the lounge as a proxy for that purpose.

Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.