Am I being unreasonable?

Grizzly

Visit site
Opinions please.

Pay day, I got a big hit of backdated overtime. So I decided on a bit of online shopping from what I believe to be a reputable online retailer. I bought three new wedges, one of the 4 dozen boxes of yellow Pro V1s, some gloves and a dozen balls that were a birthday present for a mate. The site advertised next day delivery even with Coronavirus, and sent me a DPD link within the hour suggesting all was well.

The next day, I got an email saying one of the gloves was damaged, could they send a different one. Which was fine, even if it knocked the delivery back to Monday.

Monday - nothing.

Tuesday - an email saying the parcel had been collected and would be delivered Wednesday

Wednesday - nothing. Checked with DPD who had not at that point in time picked up the parcel from source. Eventually got an email from the company saying they had checked and it would be delivered today.

It just arrived. Well,a dozen balls and the gloves did. Everything else just has "to follow" scrawled on the invoice.

I wouldn't actually mind had any of this been properly communicated but...I'm fuming!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
In terms of delivery you have to expect things take longer at the moment. To expect things delivered immediately would be pig-headed in my opinion.

In terms of the missing item, yeah a bit cheeky of them but what can you do? As long as it doesn't cost you any extra for another delivery then what's the rush?

Chill out basically. :p

Grizzly

Visit site
Oh, I have no problem with the idea that things take longer, and I don't expect I would be hitting balls with the clubs any time this month. I just would have liked clear, honest communication.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Oh, I have no problem with the idea that things take longer, and I don't expect I would be hitting balls with the clubs any time this month. I just would have liked clear, honest communication.

I'm sure they'll say they were just 'following the science'

:sneaky:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Depends, event last week I got a couple of next day deliveries from DHL and I company that I use that use Amaon delivery are still getting things here next day but the picture is different in different parts of the country

As for the missing items, that would set me off as they have been selling items not in stock, either on purpose or because their online system does not have live stock records. In any event, they should have known that when they put the order together and mentioned it to you on the phone with a chance to cancel or wait. I am guessing a few bits were out of stock but the glove was the only one that they could replace in the order without suffering a significant loss.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Some companies are great others rubbish.

I ordered something on ebay on Sunday night delivered first thing Tuesday.

Somebody posted something (ebay purchase ) a few weeks ago it took the Royal Mail 10 days to deliver it.

A lot of my 'China' deliveries have stil got here in tee expected time scale

It is not the delivery time scale that is the issue it is the poor service and no you are not being unreasonable.

D

Deleted member 25172

Opinions please.

Pay day, I got a big hit of backdated overtime. So I decided on a bit of online shopping from what I believe to be a reputable online retailer. I bought three new wedges, one of the 4 dozen boxes of yellow Pro V1s, some gloves and a dozen balls that were a birthday present for a mate. The site advertised next day delivery even with Coronavirus, and sent me a DPD link within the hour suggesting all was well.

The next day, I got an email saying one of the gloves was damaged, could they send a different one. Which was fine, even if it knocked the delivery back to Monday.

Monday - nothing.

Tuesday - an email saying the parcel had been collected and would be delivered Wednesday

Wednesday - nothing. Checked with DPD who had not at that point in time picked up the parcel from source. Eventually got an email from the company saying they had checked and it would be delivered today.

It just arrived. Well,a dozen balls and the gloves did. Everything else just has "to follow" scrawled on the invoice.

I wouldn't actually mind had any of this been properly communicated but...I'm fuming!

I'll put a fiver that you placed the order with golf depot, right? :)

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I have bought no golf stuff online during the lock down. Club Pro's economic recovery will be heavily supported on the resumption though! :)

I think if companies are operating on skeleton staff, or changed processes, stuff will be a bit sporadic, so maybe cut them some slack. Unless you have ordered from any place that has "a reputation" for being erratic on here, then it's the price you pay for the cheap deals.. :)

Siolag

Visit site
I would be peeved but it’s the kind of peeved that’s difficult to justify in the current climate.

I had a similar thing with some beer I ordered, and whilst it’s annoying, it’s not the end of the world.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My wife waited a month for wallpaper that was meant to be in stock. It's arrived so she's happy now.
Anyway, I wouldn't worry. It's not like you are playing this weekend.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Normally
Although I did once get a TaylorMade pitch repairer instead of an Odyssey putter head cover.....
I suppose they sound d the same if you them quick enough...:unsure:

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
I get the impression companies like this are going into the office once or twice a week to pack and post items but agree just communicate things. I ordered some stuff for the garden and got a reply saying it’ll take 10-14 days due to the current situation.... but of a bummer but at least I know what’s going on.
The lack of communication would have me peeved as well.