Alwoodley Sunday 19th April (North west regional qualifier) but open to all

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Can we play this without doing the KoK?

Yes Anne, but if people can advise the following-

1. If they do or don't want to go into one of the regional qualifiers (there may be 2-3 possibly being played on the day, subject to Val's agreement, and numbers from various areas).

2. Which area are you from.

3 hours is a long drive - but oh so tempting

We'll set a thread up on the forum on the day questioning Rodgers Phil, get Richard to drive, it'll pass in no time.;)

Birchy if there's room after everybody's had a chance could you stick duffers down please la

He should be good mate, but for this first week, we'll open it to forummers only. I have just asked them if we have any restrictions on numbers, so will get that back soon.

If he's driving us though, I'm sure he can be an honourary forummer for the day.....:whistle:

Can Southern Softies play ?

Of course Richard.:thup:

Us northern lads had such a great welcome at H4H it built a lot of bridges on the forum, and hopefully we can have a lot more cross-pollination in the future (it saves you getting inoculations I suppose).:)

Last edited:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
There is no 'KOK', that's so 2013 :ears:

This course has been on my hitlist for a while, I'm tempted to come up and play somewhere the day after as well.

Excellent work guys :thup:

D4S you would be more than welcome mate, be good to meet you.

What a deal, I'd be so up for this but it's one of our club majors on the 19th, can you change the date? :whistle:

25th December 2045 was also mooted......but Fish was doubtful.:)

Glynn mentioned this on Saturday and I am in! also a story to tell about that game.....

Sorry Ron, they have a height restriction......oh ok then, but you must tell this story to the assembled masses on the day.:thup:

Are we getting the Flat caps out for this one folks seeing as we're in Yorkshire :whistle:

It could be a laugh on the day..Especially Liverbirdies :D

It would be rude not to, Dave. Your in charge or reminding us at the time.

:(
I don't get my new shifts till February

Would of loved to play in this I'm 100% going to get a game round here next year

For all of those who can't commit at this time due to work or other commitments, please ask to be put down as a reserve/provisional. We are collecting the £25 deposits now for the ones who want to secure a place, in case there are number restrictions, and as always there are normally some people who have to cancel due to unforeseen reasons. By early March or so we can re-assess for the reserves, as they should know by then.

In a weeks time we will be opening it up to non-forummers so get your deposit in now to secure a place. This price is 60% of the normal weekend price and you have a meal included also.

Last edited:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Just to say that I can't play in the final as I have a holiday booked in Spain, and no chance of changing. If this gets oversubscribed I am happy to give up my space to someone that can play the final.

Oh I would love to see Liverpoolphil get all his gear in my car.:rofl:

D

Deleted member 15344

Can you put me down as a definite maybe for this please?

Phil I'd be looking to play on the Monday if I come up, chat about it at the weekend?

Sounds good mate :thup:

Rich - can you fit a second person in your car :D

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
For those considering a game for the Monday also, I've just e-mailed Ganton, as I'd also got prices for this meet from them initially.

I hope to hear back in the next day or so, on if we can get a tempting deal, if the numbers are good.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
For those considering a game for the Monday also, I've just e-mailed Ganton, as I'd also got prices for this meet from them initially.

I hope to hear back in the next day or so, on if we can get a tempting deal, if the numbers are good.

I think we got Formby & Hoylake for £120 back-to-back a couple of years ago, great couple of days, hopefully this could turn out to be the same or even better, well done you 2 :thup:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Peter, as we're not doing the KoK do you want us to wait before sending deposits over. Chellie

Your both OK Anne, forummers are getting a week's priority, whether in the K of K or not, so you can send Birchy over your ill gotten gains.:)

Be good to see you and Simon again, especially after what you have both had going on recently.:thup:

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Peter, as we're not doing the KoK do you want us to wait before sending deposits over. Chellie

Your both OK Anne, forummers are getting a week's priority, whether in the K of K or not, so you can send Birchy over your ill gotten gains.:)

Be good to see you and Simon again, especially after what you have both had going on recently.:thup:

Cheers Peter:) Will get money across to Scott.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Stuff the club major, this looks too good to miss, especially if flat caps are to be worn.

Put me down as a definite please. :D

I'm from the East Midlands, will hopefully be entering the Midlands event as my KoK qualifier, and wait to see what the decision is on multiple entries.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just a note, anyone wanting to send deposits of £25, can you please PM my co-organiser Birchy, who will send you his bank details in Mauritius.

Normally he would ask you to put your forum name and Alwoodley as a ref, so it is easily traceable.

Please also advise, on this thread:-

1. If you want to go in a regional event or not.
2. Which county you are from.

Thanks,

LB

Merv_swerve

Challenge Tour Pro
goo.gl
How are you for numbers gents?
I am newish to the forum and ideally would bring +1. Is this ok?
I was hoping to play somewhere in Yorks next summer and this sounds too good an opportunity to miss?

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'll get the money over to Scott as soon as I get his bank details again. Haven't kept them. Did send him a PM yesterday but assume he's busy.

LanDog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can I be a maybe for this? When do you have to know by?

If anyone's interested I can arrange a game at Cookridge

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Birchy, stick me in as a definite now i know where I'm at date wise.

Thats 3 regional qualifying meets it looks like I'm in for, sucker for a game of golf on a quality course.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
How are you for numbers gents?
I am newish to the forum and ideally would bring +1. Is this ok?
I was hoping to play somewhere in Yorks next summer and this sounds too good an opportunity to miss?

Hi Merv,

We're leaving it open to forummers for 1 week, after that it's open season. I think you should both be ok though as we are allowed up to 50 places. Leave it till Monday, unless 50 have paid their deposits (doubtful) you're both in once you've paid.:thup:

D

Deleted member 15344

I'm a definite LB

But one question without being a pain - would I be able to have something apart from Fish for the food ? :D