Alwoodley Sunday 19th April (North west regional qualifier) but open to all

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just had a look at the Alwoodley scores on HDID and the CSS is usually 3 or 4 over par and sometimes 5 !!!! Think we're in for a good test on Sunday. Looking forward to meeting and having a round with Kellfire, PBrown and Junior and am hoping I don't drag them down to my level !!!

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just had a look at the Alwoodley scores on HDID and the CSS is usually 3 or 4 over par and sometimes 5 !!!! Think we're in for a good test on Sunday. Looking forward to meeting and having a round with Kellfire, PBrown and Junior and am hoping I don't drag them down to my level !!!

plus 5 wow didn't think it went that far thought +3 then reductions only, sounds brutal. Hope the weather holds out too.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
+3 is as far as the CSS can go over Par..... however its playing at its easiest at the mo as the heather is 'died-back'.... shouldn't be too much wind on Sun either.... it'll be a treat :thup: ... as good as it ever gets at this time of year!!

BUT... what I'd really like to know is how many are intending to go to Seaton Carew next Sat if they don't qualify?? We need another 4 or so of you punters... I know Cheifi0 is a possible... any others please?? I can tell you that Seaton is also in excellent nick at the Mo. :thup:

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
+3 is as far as the CSS can go over Par.....
Ah.... have just realised.... it's +3 max that the CSS can go above the SSS so yes, sorry, you're right some Comps off the Whites may go as far as 5 over Par since the SSS is already 2 over Par

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Looking forward to this!

Got a decent weekend of golf lined up, playing an open at Wynyard on Saturday and this on the Sunday with what looks to be a decent forecast.

Just hope my golf isn't about to go through a bad patch again as a couple of socket rockets appeared yesterday when I played.

D

Deleted member 17920

Right folks,

Seperate comp for Sunday open to anyone, more the better.

£5 to enter please pay my bouncer Captainron who is 12ft tall and you can't miss him.

Comp will be a full handicap Stableford.

Prize fund split,

£4 going to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place

The other £1 will be going towards the nearest the pins and I hope to do 2 of them.

In other news as I have played Alwoodley before is that it has a fantastic grass practise ground, you need to go to the pro shop to get the balls etc and I have no idea of cost.

Myself and captainron will be going for breakfast at the nearest weatherspoons at 8.45 ish, it's called the three hulats and is 2 miles from alwoodley and anyone is welcome to join us and pay your comp fees, from memory I can't remember if they do a full brekkie at Alwoodley.

See you all Sunday, forecast looks good, shame about my game at the minute :D

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Right folks,

£5 to enter please pay my bouncer Captainron who is 12ft tall and you can't miss him.

Prize fund split,

The other £1 will be going towards the nearest the pins and I hope to do 2 of them.

In other news as I have played Alwoodley before is that it has a fantastic grass practise ground, you need to go to the pro shop to get the balls etc and I have no idea of cost.

Myself and captainron will be going for breakfast at the nearest weatherspoons at 8.45 ish, it's called the three hulats and is 2 miles from alwoodley and anyone is welcome to join us and pay your comp fees, from memory I can't remember if they do a full brekkie at Alwoodley.

Brekkie sounds good mate

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Right folks,

Prize fund split,

Put me down for your comp, Glyn.

From Alwoodley:-

We have a practice ground with balls available in small or large baskets to purchase from the pro shop. There is a Huxley turf area, with part cover and green/bunker. Also there is the putting green outside the dining room, by the 18[SUP]th[/SUP] green for practice.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Right folks,

Prize fund split,

I'll be game for a piece of that action, and will do my damnedest to make it for the breakfast.

D

Deleted member 15344

I'm in for the comp and will try and make breakfast :thup:

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If I can get back from dropping the Wembley bound wife and son off and get to the pub in time I'll be there for breakfast, if not I'll do the Toby on my way and see everyone at Alwoodley.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Depending on timing (aka how early Bozza is ready to go on Saturday) we may make breakfast but more likely just meet you all at the course.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hi all,

Bad news for all of you who want to see the reds get knocked out of the FA cup, as Alwoodley don’t have Sky/BT.

I know most wont be bothered in any way shape or form (except the mancs who are obsessed with us):).

However, they are willing to serve anyone who does want to watch the match later on (around 5.45-6.00), as there is a pub 5-10 minutes away, so let me know if you want to watch the match in the pub, and have your food served on our return.

People who aren’t bothered will have their food served around 5 Hours 15 minutes after their initial tee off time, so that they have time for the round,refresh, clean your shoes, have a pint and have your food then.

If your not bothered, you don’thave to post. If you do want to watch the footy, please advise here.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hi all,

I know most wont be bothered in any way shape or form (except the Bitter blues ;) who are obsessed with us):).

People who aren’t bothered will have their food served around 5 Hours 15 minutes after their initial tee off time

They serving food on 17th tee then ?? :rofl:

, so that they have time for the round,refresh, clean your shoes, have a pint and have your food then.

If your not bothered, you don’thave to post. If you do want to watch the footy, please advise here.

top work again liverbirchy tours :thup: