Alwoodley Sunday 19th April (North west regional qualifier) but open to all

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Looking forward to this now... and not long to go. I hope my 3 playing partners are not going to talk footy all the way round, I'll be putting my earplugs in as I know nowt about it.

Does anyone know what condition the course is in at the moment ?
Not even remotely bothered by football. (they are all overpaid princess's)

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've put it all into fourballs, as such, with 2 lads still to be given tee times at the moment.

Possibly there may be 1-2 more who may add on in the next week, or so, but if not we'll make a few into 3 balls if we stick with the current numbers (34).

2 sets of people wanted to play with their mates/hubby, so that took care of one fourball. Me and Birchy are out first so we can mark the cards coming in.

So trying to get a mix of handicaps into the groups, and also a mix of NW lads, NE/yorks lads and Midlands/Sarf lads, we have the following:-

1. Liverbirdie (Peter)
2. Birchy (Scott)
3. Richard (York)
4. Heavy Grebo

5. Fenway rich (Rich)
6. Liverpool Phil
7. Stu C
8. Dave Mc

9. Fish (Robin)
10. Captain Ron
11. Duffers (Paul)
12. Petelav

13. Scotty cameron
14. Greg BWFC (Andy)
15. Chiefio (Josh)
16. Lump (James)

17. Val (Martin)
18. Crow
19. Marshy
20. Odvan (Matt)

21. Bozza
22. Duckster
23. Lincoln quaker (sweary glyn)
24. Karl102

25. Kellfire
26. PBrown (Paul)
27. Drewster
28. Junior (Andy)

29. MervSwerve
30. merv's mate (Andy?)
31. Chellie
32. Simon

Tee time still to be sorted, once we know final numbers:-

33.Qwerty (steady Dave)
34. Region3 (steadier Gary)

I'm guessing that the tee times will be every 8 minutes or so, so have worked on that, but please arrive early and make a note of your tee times, as me and Birchy need our practice beforehand, although I'll also leave a copy with 1-2 others on the day.

I'll be getting there around 9.45 and suggest that people arrive early, even if to meet a few extra forummers, and be able to put inane, sarcy and daft comments to ugly mugs.;)

Me, Birchy and Val will be collecting and checking all the cards afterwards and doing that for the race for Hillside (full handicap stableford, based on par). No gimmees, as normal. I think it will be from the yellows, but will check this week.

Volunteer:- I know that some cant make the big day at Hillside, but if someone wants to organise a separate comp for the day, I'd appreciate it. I'll leave the format up to them, but it might be something that a good 20 or more might be interested in, so appreciate it if someone steps forward to organise that.

If anyone has a major problem with the draw PM me, or if you've already played with everyone in your group, I can maybe swap you into another group.

Most of all enjoy the day, meet a few new faces, clean your shoes out of respect for your fellow players;) enjoy your meal, make some new friends and may the best man win the race to Hillside. Dont forget coffee and biccies are free beforehand and the meal afterwards, also. Treat Alwoodley with due respect, and who knows they may invite us back again next year.

LiverBirchy tours (Scott we'll have to get mono-grammed jumpers).:whoo:

Awesome.....can have a bit more of a lie in now :)

Looking forward to this and playing with Pbrown, Drewster and kellfire. Be great to put some faces to forum names.

Cheers Birchy and LB. Top draw work as usual!!!!

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Does anyone know what condition the course is in at the moment ?
You're in for a treat guys as I've been on it a couple times very recently.... hope you play well & get a worthy winner. Also those who don't make it to Hillside can come up to Seaton Carew's Championship Course the next weekend.... its just moving to the Micklem Course which includes 3 of the 'classy' Brabazon holes.... played there just last Sat & its also in superb nick with greens that are easily as good as Alwoodley's & a much more relaxed Club House........ but as Pete says, give respect to Alwoodley as we could be back there in Oct with the same deal, for our NE v Yorkshire contest (odds & sods will also be welcome, of course) :D
4thoff Whites.jpg
The 4th fairway is towards the Teesside Towers beyond which lives the Hobbit.... who may well be coming out to play.:swing:

Last edited:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I'm out :(

Waiting to go into theatre after sawing into my thumb and going through a tendon. They need to open up the thumb miore and repair it then put it in plaster for 2-3 weeks :(

Not sure if you can do anything about my payment or if anyone can take.my place at a cheaper aer cost, let me know gutys.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Waiting to go into theatre after sawing into my thumb and going through a tendon. They need to open up the thumb miore and repair it then put it in plaster for 2-3 weeks :(

Not sure if you can do anything about my payment or if anyone can take.my place at a cheaper aer cost, let me know gutys.

Some people will do anything to get out of coming up north!!

Hope its all ok Fish :thup:

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm an idiot. Just been looking through the Hillside info and I can't make that date (still good for Sunday though) as I'm in Scotland on annual golf hols with the lads.

For some reason I had it in my head that Hillside was on Friday 29th.

Val - use my £10 as a donation, totally my fault for not checking my diary beforehand.

I'm a wazzock.

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Hope everything gets sorted ok Fish

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Your ok for a refund, I think, but I'll wait for Birchy to confirm.

We are sending the balance of payments today though.

Petelav and DaveMc - PM sent.

Last edited:

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Oh dear..... that is very bad Robin!! God, it only takes a moment..... hope you recover quickly, matey

D

Deleted member 1740

Fish, shame you won't be there Sunday hope you have a swift recovery though mate.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

Could you not get them to set it in a Vardon grip... might improve your game buddy.:D

Seriously though, be careful with the recovery Robin. That's nasty...