All things BBQ and Braai

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Sorry this really should be in another thread but…
I’m planning on making a chilli for a vegetarian family, would you do a full on veggie curry or use a meat substitute?
It’s tempting to do an over the top chilli on my main bbq with a veggie mince but I’m not sure.
Other question, am I over thinking it? 🤣
The veggie option is usually to ‘bugger off’, but if you want to keep the family just use corn (?) which doesn’t taste nice and make yourself some proper food.

I once did a chilli con carne with corn as replacement, now the misses has to just eat plain rice while we eat proper ;-)

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
@Beezerk I got that and a 3kg pork loin joint. Bought online from Philip Warren, you may have seen them mentioned in some of the fb groups. Both joints were excellent, well worth an order from there if you want to try somewhere new.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
@Beezerk I got that and a 3kg pork loin joint. Bought online from Philip Warren, you may have seen them mentioned in some of the fb groups. Both joints were excellent, well worth an order from there if you want to try somewhere new.

I’ll give them a look thanks 👍
Been considering doing a full packer brisket for a while, just don’t have the guts to pull the trigger lol

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just ordered my first ever full packer brisket from Tom Hixson, they’ve got 5kg Australian grass fed briskets at half price so it was rude not to 😉
So I’m now going to spend a week preparing by watching hundreds of YouTube videos 🤣
Btw there’s a 20% discount code you can add to the order which takes another £10 off 👍

MACM85

Visit site
Just ordered my first ever full packer brisket from Tom Hixson, they’ve got 5kg Australian grass fed briskets at half price so it was rude not to 😉
So I’m now going to spend a week preparing by watching hundreds of YouTube videos 🤣
Btw there’s a 20% discount code you can add to the order which takes another £10 off 👍

I saw that email. Was tempted but didn't fancy having to explain to the Mrs that 5kg brisket was needed for 2 of us!

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cooked the brisket on Saturday, stuck it in the bbq at 9am and pulled at 6pm. I wrapped it a little too late so the bottom was a touch hard so lesson learned there. The flat was nice but the point, wow that’s the money right there 🥰

D-S

Visit site
Had 18 hour brisket at Bricks Smokehouse in Sarasota a couple of weeks ago, wow was it good. Previously wouldn’t ever have considered doing it worth the effort - I was wrong.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Had 18 hour brisket at Bricks Smokehouse in Sarasota a couple of weeks ago, wow was it good. Previously wouldn’t ever have considered doing it worth the effort - I was wrong.

Wow, that's some low and slow :oops: You didn't happen to ask what temp they cooked at? I did when I ate brisket at Smokestak in London :ROFLMAO:

D-S

Visit site
Wow, that's some low and slow :oops: You didn't happen to ask what temp they cooked at? I did when I ate brisket at Smokestak in London :ROFLMAO:
No sorry - this was the place and can thoroughly recommend it.