All things BBQ and Braai

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I need your recipes again.
The missus is away for a week tomorrow and I want to stick something on the bbq on Saturday but something that means I don’t have to cook for a few days.
Done over the top chilli recently which was superb but I fancy something else 🤔

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just about to start a big project using a lot of oak (and therefore a lot of planing of oak) so can bag up any planing chips for folks BBQs if wanted?

Random, I know but just thought about it yesterday when I binned a massive bag of maple chippings :(

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
It's going to get warmer soon and more folk will be out cooking over coals soon - you can keep your poxy gas......

Haven't had as many braais this winter as I would have liked but will be ramping it up now

MACM85

Visit site
Mrs asked if we could have a bit of steak for dinner yesterday. I duly obliged and went and picked up a rib of beef

PXL-20230410-161929391.jpg

PXL-20230410-161931737-MP.jpg

PXL-20230410-181325710-MP.jpg

PXL-20230410-181431237.jpg

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Did pulled pork again yesterday using a slightly different method, brined overnight in a cider based liquid then injected the brine into the pork just before cooking. It was quiet a large piece and took a smidge over 8 hours with the bbq running at around 250f, I was determined to do it fully unwrapped the whole way but I did a foil tent for the last hour to get it up to 205f before it was too late aka the missus constantly saying “is it ready yet” 🤣
Absolutely the best I’ve done by a country mile, shredded beautifully and was soooo moist 🤤

FullSizeRender(1)-compressed.jpeg
FullSizeRender-compressed.jpeg

MACM85

Visit site
@Beezerk These are the ones from Farm Foods. Used to be £4.99 a rack now they are £9.99 each. Plenty of meat and not much gristle in the ribs at all

D

Deleted member 21258

The big burner barbie is to hot for summer, so decided to change the charcoal bbq to burn wood and modded the previous griddle/pizza oven/spit to fit the bbq.

Had a test run to check out cooking on wood was okay (bigger picture pop up if clicked on) :-

All modded now, welding skills are about as good as my golf skills:p;) :-

All works well, apart from the pizza oven(onto third mod now and still not cooking right😤).

Been great weather for bbqs

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Embarrassing question, how do I cook skewers of peppers and Halumie cheese on a barbie, along with my lovely ribeye steak without burning, the wife's vegie skewers.