All things BBQ and Braai

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Personally I would say Tenderloin - Lean and won't have any fat that needs to be rendered down so can handle hot and quick over coals
Cheers Mac, my 1st attempt wasn't great.
Slightly overdone and over seasoned, but I ate the lot anyway just to save face lol.
Personally I would say Tenderloin - Lean and won't have any fat that needs to be rendered down so can handle hot and quick over coals
My 1st attempt wasn't great, I sitghy over cooked and well over seasoned it.
But to save face I ate the lot lol.

Attachments

• 20230716_161656.jpg
    20230716_161656.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 9

MACM85

Visit site
Cheers Mac, my 1st attempt wasn't great.
Slightly overdone and over seasoned, but I ate the lot anyway just to save face lol.

My 1st attempt wasn't great, I sitghy over cooked and well over seasoned it.
But to save face I ate the lot lol.

That is the joy of BBQ - Can always improve from the last attempt.

With kebabs I would always look to have it above the heat source with a riser so it doesn't get too hot directly on the outside.

MACM85

Visit site
Had some ribs to use and came across some pork belly in the freezer so thought I would do some cubes while I was cooking the ribs

PXL-20230813-154102580.jpg

PXL-20230813-172338063.jpg

PXL-20230813-181746121.jpg

MACM85

Visit site
I did some Farmfoods St Louis ribs on Saturday, took around 5 hours. I totally forgot to take photos but I can assure you they were the best I’ve ever done 🤤👌

For the money I think they are impossible to get better value.

i might get a brisket and cook that up shortly and use the leftovers for some chilli down the line.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
What sauce did you use on the ribs? I used Sweet Baby Rays bbq sauce (half and half regular and the honey version) but added some chillis I blitzed with a little bit of apple juice. Made a huge difference and had that heat we wanted.

MACM85

Visit site
What sauce did you use on the ribs? I used Sweet Baby Rays bbq sauce (half and half regular and the honey version) but added some chillis I blitzed with a little bit of apple juice. Made a huge difference and had that heat we wanted.

Shop bought bbq sauce I saw in Aldi the other day. Sweet chipotle bbq sauce was the flavour

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sorry this really should be in another thread but…
I’m planning on making a chilli for a vegetarian family, would you do a full on veggie curry or use a meat substitute?
It’s tempting to do an over the top chilli on my main bbq with a veggie mince but I’m not sure.
Other question, am I over thinking it? 🤣

MACM85

Visit site
I’m planning on making a chilli for a vegetarian family, would you do a full on veggie curry or use a meat substitute?
It’s tempting to do an over the top chilli on my main bbq with a veggie mince but I’m not sure.

Can you please leave this thread and not return for 2 weeks due to an infraction.....

Honestly I have no idea where to start with veggie/vegan meals

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cauliflower or beetroot steaks, halloumi, peppers, onion kebabs, corn on the cob.