Album Cover Art

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
70-1.jpg

cleanstrike

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Well, anything by Roger Dean has got to be up there amongst the best but with so many great covers out there, it's always going to be a difficult choice. I'll go for King Crimson's 'In The Court of the Crimson King' just for its a sheer eye grabbing ability.

King Crimson.jpg

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Well, anything by Roger Dean has got to be up there amongst the best but with so many great covers out there, it's always going to be a difficult choice. I'll go for King Crimson's 'In The Court of the Crimson King' just for its a sheer eye grabbing ability.

View attachment 8433

cracking album, off to youtube to hear it again....

I lost all......repeat ALL my albums in a house move..........every vinyl collected from 1st year at school, bootlegs, picture discs etc etc

you never get over that even though I can get digital copies of pretty much everything lost

jimbob.someroo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
the-devil-and-god-raging-inside-of-me.jpg

Will always be my favourite album, not just for the myriad of personal reasons but still love every track and never get sick of it. Any guesses? Will be pleasantly surprised if there's any correct ones ...

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

The first Marillion album I got and was blown away. Fish and Mark Wilkinson released a book a few years ago about the concepts behind all the artwork for the Marillion and Fish albums. Some interesting stories and ways the covers evolved.

I use to love old fashioned gate sleeved albums. Some of the Iron Maiden and Yes artwork were brilliant (arguably better than the record). Pink Floyd were another who always had something to say with a cover.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Roger Waters, the pros and cons of hitchhiking gets my vote. I'll let some one else put the picture up.
there ya go, nothing bad about this at all....censored for the kiddies that frequent the forum but its only an arse.......an extremely beautiful one though, but just an arse:mmm:

51X1LhrK0BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
smart arse ;) I realised the name was on the picture when I uploaded ...

but you're still wrong; it's 'The Devil and God are Raging Inside Me' :ears:

saving time by not typing the whole name :mmm:
its actually 'The Devil and God are Raging Inside Me' (LP) :ears::ears::ears:

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
spiritualized.jpg

Loved this one personally.

The Album blurb was written to mimic a prescription note and the CD was in a huge pill wrapper, that you had to pop from the foil.

Cracking album to boot

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm going to cheat and put another cover on to the thread. Not the most inspiring of covers, but one of the most important albums that I bought as a kid (I was 15 when I bought this).

41WErnpmrLL.jpg

I've been completely and utterly disappointed in pretty much everything he did after this, but this album is worth a career in its own right. IMO, his music dropped through the floor when he split from Lisa Bonet. (As would mine :D)

Oxfordcomma

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
This one for me

The_Cure_-_Kiss_Me,_Kiss_Me,_Kiss_Me.jpg

When this was released the now Mrs Comma had a Saturday job in the local John Menzies and their copy of this got worn out before they sold it, because so many of our group would 'drop in to see her' and insist she played the entire album. All 4 sides. Although this really is a great album, The Cure have actually done much much better releases. This is the one though that came out at the perfect moment for me, when I was 17, wearing eyeliner, dying my hair black, then crimping and backcombing it. Because I wanted to look like Robert Smith.:eek: