Aimpoint

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
This but as so often with Aimpoint conversations, the ones that have never tried it are the most vocal on why it doesn't work. I have no issue with those that don't want to try it. It's the same with any technique but I wouldn't knock it if I haven't tried it. Pace of play is not an issue and I can make a solid read in 10 seconds and usually do so while others are getting ready to putt.

Where do you deduct that people who haven't tried it are the most vocal against it?

Can't wait to hear this......

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Where do you deduct that people who haven't tried it are the most vocal against it?

Can't wait to hear this......

Simple !

I've never read a post from anyone saying that they've done the course and its a load of hocus pocus and they can prove it doesn't work.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Simple !

I've never read a post from anyone saying that they've done the course and its a load of hocus pocus and they can prove it doesn't work.
As with all things in life though, no-one will normally admit to buying or doing something that doesn't work or is wrong.
That isn't to say AP does or doesn't work, I've never done the course or had thoughts to do it. But then I'm not one to stalk a green or plumb bob the line.
I just assess the green and my line as I approach the green and go to mark my ball. Nothing more than that, and I'm very happy with my putting:)

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
This but as so often with Aimpoint conversations, the ones that have never tried it are the most vocal on why it doesn't work. I have no issue with those that don't want to try it. It's the same with any technique but I wouldn't knock it if I haven't tried it. Pace of play is not an issue and I can make a solid read in 10 seconds and usually do so while others are getting ready to putt.

Its clear from your videos that you've dropped aimpoint from practice rounds. Do you find it difficult to switch between using/not using a technique/tool?

Genuine question before anyone asks

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
As with all things in life though, no-one will normally admit to buying or doing something that doesn't work or is wrong.
That isn't to say AP does or doesn't work, I've never done the course or had thoughts to do it. But then I'm not one to stalk a green or plumb bob the line.
I just assess the green and my line as I approach the green and go to mark my ball. Nothing more than that, and I'm very happy with my putting:)

Believe me, on this forum and on this subject I'm sure someone would say it.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Its clear from your videos that you've dropped aimpoint from practice rounds. Do you find it difficult to switch between using/not using a technique/tool?

Genuine question before anyone asks

I rarely ever use it on my home course. We have small greens and I pretty much know the line from most positions. I tend to employ it when on bigger greens when playing away.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Simple !

I wasn't out to prove it doesn't work as I stated in my opening Gambit "each to their own".

Having had a lesson in it I can assure you it gives me, yes me personally absolutely no advantage over walking up and looking at the putt. I don't need my feet to see a slope or how much I expect that putt to break. I do that every bit as well if not better by eye reading the greens.

I also do it quicker.

You are just as bad as a naysayer. Anyone who doesn't agree and you jump on the "ignorant" "haven't tried it" "don't understand it" bandwagon.

user2010

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I wasn't out to prove it doesn't work as I stated in my opening Gambit "each to their own".

Having had a lesson in it I can assure you it gives me, yes me personally absolutely no advantage over walking up and looking at the putt. I don't need my feet to see a slope or how much I expect that putt to break. I do that every bit as well if not better by eye reading the greens.

I also do it quicker.

You are just as bad as a naysayer. Anyone who doesn't agree and you jump on the "ignorant" "haven't tried it" "don't understand it" bandwagon.

See post#35.:whistle:

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I've not dropped it at all but just don't feel it adds anything to a video watching me do an Aimpoint read so simply edit it out. I use it all the time, even when I'm practicing

Pretty sure i've seen you walk up to putts several times and hit without edit or aimpoint, but must be my mistake

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have toyed with it I suppose. Not the full system because I don't understand the finger thing for measuring how much (I'm sure as hell not paying for the course on it). But on putts where there may be a small amount of break, but I'm not sure which way or feel my eyes may be tricking me, I will sometimes straddle the line in this way to see if I can feel any break that my eyes couldn't figure out. It's handy just to have another method like that, as my green reading (by eye) is not the best. Sometimes it backs up what you already thought, occasionally it changes your mind. Sometimes it just convinces me to aim pretty straight rather than assuming it must break one way or the other.

D

Deleted member 1418

I find the best way to read a putt and straddle the line is by doing a handstand............:whistle: ;) :D

D

Deleted Member 1156

Possibly especially if I'm filming and the course is busy but chances are it will have been edited out. Rest assured I do still use Aimpoint!

Well that's not a very good advert for it then as whenever I watch your videos you never hole any putts :eek: