Aimpoint

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Maybe out of date rather than blatant misinformation.
The last time I looked Jamie charged £100 per hour with the first lesson being 2 hours.

Yes £100 per hour for a 1 to 1 lesson but a clinic is £99 and usually last 2 hours and the one I did had about 6 people on it

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
My coach taught it me, and my mates coach taught it him.
I didn’t ask for it, it was just taught to me as an easy way to gauge break.
Took 5 minutes to learn. I can’t gauge break with my eyes quite as good as my feet.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Don't know about aimpoint being a way of improving % of shorter putts holed - but I (mostly) stopped missing 3 footers and under - and improved greatly my holing % of 12ft and under when I developed a simply pre-putt route - and use it every time.

There are many ways to skin a cat (so I am told) but perhaps what the aimpoint method provides could simply be a pre-putt routine. Maybe it's as much the 'routine' that delivers rather than the 'technique/method' (if you get my differentiation) - and that's fine and good for those who find that it works.
That is a very good way to look at it (the routine part). And I guess you're focusing less on the action of putting but more the actual putt.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
6 people paying £99 each.
Holy moly

Yep, it pays well. It was on the Kent coast though, he lives near Woburn so he has travelling expenses a nights hotel too so not all profit , and, he is the top man for Aimpoint in Europe. Also a group lesson worked well compared to any I've seen on, say, iron play where the coach can only give an individual 10 minutes of his time when having 6 people for an hour and everyone needing different help, at least with Aimpoint everyone is shown exactly the same technique so it really is no problem doing a group lesson

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
When I did my original course back in 2011 the price for a group was £95 per person.... so the price has hardly changed in 7 years.

We had ours at Wrotham Heath in Kent and the local pro there (James Skelton?) was also part of th3e course as he was learning to become an instructor.... which I think he now is.

user2010

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Good grief, 7 pages of people going 'it's good', 'No! it's *****'...……….as I said earlier, Ad Nauseum.:rolleyes:

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Good grief, 7 pages of people going 'it's good', 'No! it's *****'...……….as I said earlier, Ad Nauseum.:rolleyes:

Go on then I'll bite, why is it (^*&^(*% ?????

Is it because you tried it and :-

1 - You didn't like it
2 - You couldn't understand it
3 - You knew someone who had done it and had them explain it to you, probably incorrectly, which goes back to points 1 and 2
4 - You green reading is so good you one putt on every green and think green reading is easy and that everyone should be able to do it without alternatives
5 - or other

It's not ()&*^)^ if it works for those that choose to pay for the course and use it while playing.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Go on then I'll bite, why is it (^*&^(*% ?????

Is it because you tried it and :-

1 - You didn't like it
2 - You couldn't understand it
3 - You knew someone who had done it and had them explain it to you, probably incorrectly, which goes back to points 1 and 2
4 - You green reading is so good you one putt on every green and think green reading is easy and that everyone should be able to do it without alternatives
5 - or other

It's not ()&*^)^ if it works for those that choose to pay for the course and use it while playing.

Scrotie wasn't saying it's &^*(, he was merely commenting that there's 7 pages of one person saying it's good and then another saying it's %^&*^

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
You can read the comment two ways and I see it now.

No problem. Personally, I don't see the problem with it anyway. If people only take one element from it and it helps them then it's worth it. I like the element of using your feet to feel the slope, which I have been doing myself anyway, no better judge than your subconscious.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
No problem. Personally, I don't see the problem with it anyway. If people only take one element from it and it helps them then it's worth it. I like the element of using your feet to feel the slope, which I have been doing myself anyway, no better judge than your subconscious.

I'd say lots of us do this.... but on the theme of taking it two ways, I'd say Aimpoint has borrowed this from non-aimpoint green reading and not the other way round :D

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'd say lots of us do this.... but on the theme of taking it two ways, I'd say Aimpoint has borrowed this from non-aimpoint green reading and not the other way round :D
That could indeed be where it started from, I don't know, but taking that primary knowledge and then evolving it to Aimpoint and then Aimpoint Express and continuing that evolution to drop point and beyond takes a little ingenuity and the creative talent to make a business out of it.

I would safely say we'll see more Pros using it come 2019 and into the future, once the green reading books are banned. No longer will they know by looking at a book how much slope there is, they'll all be back to using their eyes, plumb bobbing, or heaven forbid use Aimpoint Express.

I wonder if a few more tour pros start using it, will the Harmon's view of it change?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
That could indeed be where it started from, I don't know, but taking that primary knowledge and then evolving it to Aimpoint and then Aimpoint Express and continuing that evolution to drop point and beyond takes a little ingenuity and the creative talent to make a business out of it.

I would safely say we'll see more Pros using it come 2019 and into the future, once the green reading books are banned. No longer will they know by looking at a book how much slope there is, they'll all be back to using their eyes, plumb bobbing, or heaven forbid use Aimpoint Express.

I wonder if a few more tour pros start using it, will the Harmon's view of it change?

I agree, the sooner the books go the better and will definitely be interesting to see what method tour pros revert to or move onto using

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I agree, the sooner the books go the better and will definitely be interesting to see what method tour pros revert to or move onto using
I wouldn't be so sure on the green reading books. I posted a link in the Green mapping thread about John Wood a caddy who's written to the USGA about the banning of the books. But they'll still have their own versions of it but not the accurate charted ones that they buy each week.