Aimpoint and Slowplay

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
At the end of the day, professional golfers derive their income by entertaining us. This endless standing along the line of the put does not entertain me.
How much of aim point causing slow play do you actually see on TV or at a competition. 5hr rounds also have some benefits for the tv audience as you get to see more shots (tv ads are a bit of a downside). 5hr rounds also allow spectators to move around the course more and see more play from different players.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I use aimpoint and take no longer than others I play with that don't use it. Plus it's easy to do the routine whilst others are going first or indeed still sorting out their bags.

I think we've all played with slow conventional players.... Unfortunately add in an extra something and it makes them even slower.
This is correct for me. A mate of mine is slow as he can’t walk fast. He uses aimpoint and others in the group claim this is why he’s slow but the reality is that he’s done most of it but the time it is his put. Unless folk are playing match play, they should be playing ready golf anyway.

Jason.H

Visit site
How about in professional golf the slow players get a penalty against them for slow play. Rarely does it happen. Watch Justin Thomas wait till it’s on him to play then has some major discussion with Bones like it’s part of his pre shot routine.
And the slow groups at my club are not the younger guys using aimpoint express it’s the old timers who 20 years ago walked a lot faster than they do now.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
In the Hack it Out podcast, they point out that it doesn't appear to delay play, and slow play should be punished in and of itself if it's a problem and not a probably misconceived cause of it.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
It’s just another example of people not liking something because it’s different to how things have been done in the past.

People don’t understand it, it’s different to how they do it. So it must be bad, right?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It’s just another example of people not liking something because it’s different to how things have been done in the past.

People don’t understand it, it’s different to how they do it. So it must be bad, right?
Agree with that. Those that don't understand it or don't see the benefit see it as a waste of time and therefore a cause of slow play.

Springveldt

Visit site
Pressure being exerted on this golf plague, and about time. Really needs to be brought into mainstream discussion. Rulesies - can a local rule forbid it ?

Next revision to the Rules should hopefully ban it outright, by both player and caddy. And no 6 year grace period, or 'elite' level or such postponements or fudgings. Straight ban.
Maybe you should have listened to the podcast?

I know you are a prolific troll but this wasn't one of your best.