AIG Women’s Open 2024 - St Andrews

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Shame that the R&A TV / the One Club had plenty free content on their website for The Open last month but sadly have chosen to do squat for the Womens Open (other than radio) No feature groups or Par 3 coverage, nowt!

abjectplop

Hacker
Visit site
Shame that the R&A TV / the One Club had plenty free content on their website for The Open last month but sadly have chosen to do squat for the Womens Open (other than radio) No feature groups or Par 3 coverage, nowt!

There's full live coverage on R&A.tv just now

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
We’re 45 mins away and I’m toying with taking the family across tomorrow. Appreciate your feedback on traffic , ease of access to St Andrews etc.

Wife and child are not into golf so I’m wondering if they’ll get bored quickly.
It was easy getting in M90 then via Cupar. There’s a big fun park by the public car park with plenty of golf related fun - if you are into golf. Not sure it would be great at all for non-golfers - and watching the play you really need to be a golf person.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Might be delays to play today. Very high winds forecasted.
Absolutely ferocious - almost unplayable - in fact was nearly getting blown off our feet around 12 - just incredible Lottie held things together and holes some great putts even as she struggled to stay upright. Greens were left v slow cos of wind.

Just an idea of strength of wind was Lottie hit driver then 5i into the 1st - and she normally drives the ball 250yds carry 😳

Last edited:

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
And so…currently stopped in Tebay Services for a sausage roll (the world’s best did you know) and coffee on my way to Fife. My club’s Lottie Woad is teeing off from the 10th at 8am tomorrow. So a bit of a walk once I get to the course - an early rise is required of me to be there.

Just something to watch out for those interested…she did interviews yesterday with Sky Golf and CNN…don’t know if they’ve been shown yet.

Plus she was accompanied by Catriona Matthews playing 9 holes yesterday…I’m guessing CM was checking her out for how she’ll be used in the Curtis Cup at end of this month.

Exciting times for Lottie and her coach/caddie (my daughter’s partner).
Stop off at Cairn Lodge and have the big breakfast on the way home if timing works. Better than Tebay.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Don't want to jinx Charley but great to see her putting together a solid round and keeping focus. Given she's on for a 6 hr plus round I would have thought that would have really played against her given she's talked about the challenges on concentration before. Brutal winds so some strong play from that group.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Don't want to jinx Charley but great to see her putting together a solid round and keeping focus. Given she's on for a 6 hr plus round I would have thought that would have really played against her given she's talked about the challenges on concentration before. Brutal winds so some strong play from that group.
6hrs 🤯
How?? Why??

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Pace is always slow at St Andrews due to, as mentioned, the double greens..
Add in that the Ladies are, seemingly, slower than the male pros it's not surprising ..
Charley hit through a group walking up to a green earlier...I think Nelly did on the same hole as well..

D-S

Visit site
Pace is always slow at St Andrews due to, as mentioned, the double greens..
Add in that the Ladies are, seemingly, slower than the male pros it's not surprising ..
Charley hit through a group walking up to a green earlier...I think Nelly did on the same hole as well..
There were 5 groups on the 11th tee (apparently a notorious bottleneck in Pro events in bad weather?) when Ko got there, this would have added best part of an hour to the rounds.i think having a two tee start, which they don’t normally do, didn’t help.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The main reason for the slow pace was quite simply the weather…it was just brutal. They were having to step away from shots all the time. And not just when putting. Balls were rocking when teed. I’m feeling battered and beaten and I just walked round.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
6 hr 30 - there is a perfect reason why people won’t be turning on to watch

So many slow play issues

Mate was there today and some of them taking forever over every single shot , he said it was painful to watch

Pin-seeker

Visit site
6 hr 30 - there is a perfect reason why people won’t be turning on to watch

So many slow play issues

Mate was there today and some of them taking forever over every single shot , he said it was painful to watch
Agreed 6hr 30 is ridiculous.
But I watched the last 4 hours & it was excellent viewing,especially the Korda/Hull group,so good off the tee in awful conditions.
Plus it’s not like you’re watching 1 group take 6 hrs to play a round.

Is it the first professional golf tournament your mate as attended?