AG Voucher - Not as good as it used to be.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Not a thread for posting if you want one or not! (Seen some weary posts)

Seems AG have cut back on the vouchers - now you have to book 3 days in advance and only mon-fri, also the time limit for booking short to say the least.

Alright for someone like me who has every Friday off, but what do you do if you're a Monday to Friday 9-5 slave?

Are AG being tight? Or is it Golf Now? Personally this was the only real reason why I signed up to the AG club thing.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The time frame seems similar to previous vouchers but the Monday-Friday restriction is a bit of a shame. Hopefully that will only apply to summer vouchers and not ones given out in winter or spring when it really would make them redundant for me.

At the end of the day they are a bonus and that is how to look at them.

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Seems fair enough

If you are lucky enough to have a 9 to 5 job you can afford to pay full green fees on weekends

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I think that whatever the rules or criteria is to use the voucher, the bottom line is you're getting something for free! and after all, it's not like you're deliberately shopping in AG just to receive a voucher, you get them for just being a member so it really is something for nothing.

I've received a voucher and not set foot in AG for 3-4 months so someone will benefit and will be very pleased to get mine, irrelevant of the different system.

And as for the new system, what's wrong with booking 3-days in advance and having a time limit of 4 weeks (1 month), you can't have people just turning up at courses expecting to play, 4 weeks to arrange a game Mon-Fri for free and people are moaning, sheesh :rolleyes:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think that whatever the rules or criteria is to use the voucher, the bottom line is you're getting something for free! and after all, it's not like you're deliberately shopping in AG just to receive a voucher, you get them for just being a member so it really is something for nothing.

I've received a voucher and not set foot in AG for 3-4 months so someone will benefit and will be very pleased to get mine, irrelevant of the different system.

And as for the new system, what's wrong with booking 3-days in advance and having a time limit of 4 weeks (1 month), you can't have people just turning up at courses expecting to play, 4 weeks to arrange a game Mon-Fri for free and people are moaning, sheesh :rolleyes:

100% agree

I haven't shopped in AG since my £10 birthday voucher in march.... before that was when I got all new irons and a driver in sept of last year

Anyways in that time they have sent me these vouchers... I've not be able to use them yet but every time I give it to my friend who plays 2-3 times a week

This time I actually have the chance to use it

It's free!! No complaints here

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Agree with the above. I get the code sent to me however haven't shopped there for ages. I tend to end up giving the code away on here etc to someone who will benefit as I usually can't. Given it's free I think any restrictions put on the round are fair enough.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Agree with the above. I get the code sent to me however haven't shopped there for ages. I tend to end up giving the code away on here etc to someone who will benefit as I usually can't. Given it's free I think any restrictions put on the round are fair enough.

To stick to the restrictions if I want to play next thursday its going to cost £8 for 2 of us to play a course nearby.... £4 each using a code each? blooming brilliant

going to be playing anyways so if it works out as £4 more to spend another time

PCWOX

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The first voucher had no limit so I played a course (Sonning GC) that would have cost me £32 normally. Then they limited to £20 value (still 7 days). Now, it is still £20 value but Mon-Fri only.
As others have said, it is up to them, but Mon-Fri is a pain for 9-5 bods like myself.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The first voucher had no limit so I played a course (Sonning GC) that would have cost me £32 normally. Then they limited to £20 value (still 7 days). Now, it is still £20 value but Mon-Fri only.
As others have said, it is up to them, but Mon-Fri is a pain for 9-5 bods like myself.

most golf courses are rammed saturday and sunday as the 9-5 bods can play.. its during the week the clubs need to bring money in which is why the deal with AG will be as such

why discount peak times when you would almost have to turn down full price business

PCWOX

Assistant Pro
Visit site
They weren't peak times - they were the Hot Deals only - so tee times were normally in the afternoon at weekends.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just wondering has anyone used the new batch of vouchers in a multi booking yet? As in 2 golfers using 2 codes?

reading the terms it says

"one voucher per booking"

but later on says

"one voucher per golfer"

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just wondering has anyone used the new batch of vouchers in a multi booking yet? As in 2 golfers using 2 codes?

reading the terms it says

"one voucher per booking"

but later on says

"one voucher per golfer"

It's a laborious affair, but you'll have to individually book each golfer separately.