Booking system v no booking system

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We release times at 8pm, three days ahead. So book from 8pm Wednesday for the following Saturday.

There are no booking times at all on Sunday, Monday and Wednesday. It's turn up and ball in shoot.

This was a compromise for the close vote we had to keep or remove time bookings post covid restrictions.

I say that, a majority wanted them kept, but the folk who actually control the club wanted them gone.. Hence, they have gone on the two days the Seniors have their comps!:ROFLMAO:
That’s democracy for you.;)

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
booking systems, don't have to be online or app based. My old club to my knowledge still uses an actual book, where you phone up the club and get a tee time that way. Though it is in rural Devon maybe technology hasn't reached them yet

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
If they’re still using a sign up sheet it seems nuts not to release the comp on the same day of the week it will be played on. Back when our club was in the dark ages I’d have never got in the comps on the Saturday if I’d have had to turn up on a Sunday to book it. People have other commitments and usually have a fixed day of the weekend to play.

That issue aside, it wasn’t really that much of a chore using a sign in sheet as we were playing every Saturday so it was first one in signed up.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
booking systems, don't have to be online or app based. My old club to my knowledge still uses an actual book, where you phone up the club and get a tee time that way. Though it is in rural Devon maybe technology hasn't reached them yet

Same here at my place in rural Suffolk. :D

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
We suffered a big blow to our bar takings when we went to online booking. Previously we had a register behind the bar which was released to the regulated Q at 7.00pm on Friday for the next week. From 6.00 'til late the bar was heaving.
Fortunately after a month or so the hard core came back as they preferred the beer or whisky to sitting at home with HID.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
We suffered a big blow to our bar takings when we went to online booking. Previously we had a register behind the bar which was released to the regulated Q at 7.00pm on Friday for the next week. From 6.00 'til late the bar was heaving.
Fortunately after a month or so the hard core came back as they preferred the beer or whisky to sitting at home with HID.

That would be my worst nightmare. Having to travel, 20/25 mins at kids bedtime to secure a tee time for the following week. The missus would tell me to go and not bother coming back 🤣... hang on... maybe its not so bad...