AG returns policy?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
As per the ECCO thread, I'm returning my Callaway Chev Mulligan shoes as they are leaking.

I bought them in an AG store 4 months ago. They are supposed to have a 1 year waterproof guarantee.

What are AG likely to offer? Refund, store credit or a replacement pair?

(Unsurprisingly I'd like a refund to go towards the cost of the shoes I am going to buy from ECCO. AG do sell the same ones, but are £10 more expensive compared to ECCO's price.)

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
As per the ECCO thread, I'm returning my Callaway Chev Mulligan shoes as they are leaking.

I bought them in an AG store 4 months ago. They are supposed to have a 1 year waterproof guarantee.

What are AG likely to offer? Refund, store credit or a replacement pair?

(Unsurprisingly I'd like a refund to go towards the cost of the shoes I am going to buy from ECCO. AG do sell the same ones, but are £10 more expensive compared to ECCO's price.)

They'll most likely send them to manufacturer and if they find them faulty they'll issue you store credit

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I took back some leaky shoes, ironically Ecco's!, a while back and they told me that I could only use the store credit against shoes...
Not sure if that's right or not but I wanted shoes anyway..
I doubt they'll refund after a few months....store credit is more likely

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I recently had an issue with a full set.
At first I am not sure they took it seriously.

I pointed out the consumer rights act of 2015 and they were fine.

After 30 days, they can repair or replace - I would be asking for a price match and credit towards what you want.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I took back some leaky shoes, ironically Ecco's!, a while back and they told me that I could only use the store credit against shoes...
Not sure if that's right or not but I wanted shoes anyway..
I doubt they'll refund after a few months....store credit is more likely

did they send them off for testing before giving you the credit, or did they do it there and then? (am wondering if I can get them to price match ECCO!)

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Took back some faulty Adidas shoes to the store which I purchased from AG website.

As you are outside the 30 days, it will be store credit. I didn't need to get them sent back to the manufacturer and got the money off a bag instead.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
just back from AG Gosforth. Took them back no bother, gave me store credit, and price matched on the replacements I wanted.

Have slagged off that store previously when I was supposed to have a fitting that never really happened, but very good service today, so they are back in my good books.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had a problem with my adidas shoes once

they said its due to me having flat feet the wear I was getting on them.. he said was happy for me to have another set but would happen again so offered me footjoy contours (as they were best for me in his view) and he said even though they cost more not to worry about the difference