AG Braids

Owen_Thomas_14

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had a few hours to kill today so I thought I would visit my local AG.... My first question is when did they start mixing all the new and pre owned equipment together? Looked like a TK Maxx store (no order for anything). My second question is how can they put certain items up for sale at some of the prices they're asking? Come on, a Nike Engage wedge which was completely battered for £60! I know for a fact you can get a new one for £50 😂.

Rant over!

G

guest100718

I had a few hours to kill today so I thought I would visit my local AG.... My first question is when did they start mixing all the new and pre owned equipment together? Looked like a TK Maxx store (no order for anything). My second question is how can they put certain items up for sale at some of the prices they're asking? Come on, a Nike Engage wedge which was completely battered for £60! I know for a fact you can get a new one for £50 😂.

Rant over!
my local AG has some seriously overpriced 2nd hand gear. I guess they'll haggle

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Last time I was in they had a lot of 2nd hand stuff and I thought a lot of the prices were a joke. That's why it is all still there!

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Ours is the same. Although they have some decent priced stuff. Like they had a bargain bin of hybrids and woods all £25. Most of them are about 15 years old and then there was a callaway x2hot hybrid. I have no idea what they are thinking? are they hoping someone is going to come along who has no idea and buy them?

Jungle

Head Pro
Visit site
I guess with the overheads, they will always struggle to compete with the likes of Ebay, Gumtree and Facebook groups for pricing which makes the whole AG double trade in even more puzzling for me.

I was in Auchterlonies a few weekends ago and they had the XR16 3 wood for £139 (cracking price) in the shop they also had ex rentals of the same club, pretty much all bashed and battered selling for £129.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Never experienced this at my local AG stores, Gateshead Metrocentre and Sunderland, all the pre-owned gear is completely separate from the new and well presented.
Can't really comment on the prices as I haven't monitored anything except the Titleist 915 D2. Both branches had them in stiff Diamana 60g shaft for £170, which seems comparable with ebay

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Interesting, I thought the Inverness store was the worse AG in the UK,maybe we have a new champ.

In saying that I've not been in it for some time, can get cheaper and better service from any one of the 3 other golf pro shops in sneck.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site

Rant over!

Must of been sometime after Wednesday, the last time I was there.

Big :thup: from me to the guys and gals at AG Braids, always very helpful.

TamG123

Medal Winner
Visit site
I visit AG Braids quite often and normally it is tidy and organised. May have been a bit messy as its still currently the January sales so they will be wanting to sell as much stock as possible even at the ridiculous prices!

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I personally don't know how they stay is business. everything from clubs to clothing is more expensive than most places. i only visit a store when i want to see something in the flesh then order it online for a substantial amount less

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I personally don't know how they stay is business. everything from clubs to clothing is more expensive than most places. i only visit a store when i want to see something in the flesh then order it online for a substantial amount less

They will price match.
This is what I do before I buy, that way if there is a problem I just return it to the store

G

guest100718

Strange, the 2 stores I've used have and both were to buy new shoes. The sites used were "clubhousegolf" and "golfsupport".
Bought 2 pair of adidas golf shoes

same. never has a problem with price match against online stores

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
They will price match any legit price
I always get them to, even when I've been part exchanging on the double value deal
Mainly,
Clubhousegolf
Onlinegolf
Thegolfshoponline
Snainton
Jamgolf

No issues

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Both Clubhouse and Snainton have a physical shop as well as being an online prescence so they should always match them. The other places mentioned may also have a shop but I don't them so can't comment. I can understand them not matching a purely online set up, don't know if that is the case, as their costs are not the same. Clubhouse is well worth a visit if you are in the Manchester area. A well stocked and interesting place.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
They match all internet sites in my experience and I think their prices are usually pretty good.

Got my irons there at a Ping fitting day. They offered me 10% off the best internet price I could find. I try to support my Pro but I do like AG at the Braids.

big_matt

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Was in today. Not sure how the new and used gear is 'mixed together' - pretty easy to tell which section is which. Lots of used kit now - like others have said i wonder what they will do with it all. Keeping it all on display probably ruins the image that AG is going for (and the premium prices they charge).