Advice - Washing machine not draining

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Beko washing machine. Clothes have been coming out wet, now it locks the door but little water goes in before cutting off. I've unscrewed the filter but it's clear, nothing blocked.

Any suggestions? It's about 4 years old.

I'm guessing it's pump related but before I get a proper person out I'd like to check here first.

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had the same issue, drained it manually, and cleaned the filter, but it happened again, turns out I had left a small screw in my pocket that had fell out and got stuck in the drainage channel,

worth taking the filter out and getting on your hands and knees to check

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
If I put on any cycle, spin cycle for example, it does about 3 seconds of whirring and then nothing. It did do a wash earlier today, very wet at the end, but now I can't get it to do anything.

I've turned it off for 10 minutes but sadly it wasn't built like a Sky box.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I had the same issue, drained it manually, and cleaned the filter, but it happened again, turns out I had left a small screw in my pocket that had fell out and got stuck in the drainage channel,

worth taking the filter out and getting on your hands and knees to check
Thanks, it's good advice. I've taken it out twice and the filter is clear. Torchlight inside, nothing doing. I've also managed to push a thin stick, an art paint brush to be precise, up the actual channel that feeds to the filter and all was clear. I put my fingers in as far as I could, no gunk, no resistance.

I've had a blanket disintegrate in the machine in the past so I became very familiar with cleaning the filter and innards ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My only advise is to buy a Bosch. ?
?

We went through a couple of machines in relatively quick succession and I pushed for an upgrade. My wife suggested we try 'one more' midrange machine and we bought this one. To be fair it's given 4-5 years good service with only a door lock to change. We've given it a lot of hammer with 2 kids.

If it can't be repaired I may well be following your advice ?

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We had a similar thing about six months ago. Filter looked clear but couldn't see anything so called out the local independent appliance man. Tuned out to be a pair of my daughter's pants (she thought she had left them at her boyfriends ?) that had got between the drum and the seal and were blocking the pipe before the filter. It took the guy 10 minutes to fix.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had a hair clip stuck in the rubber pipe before it gets to the pump. It got clogged with a few hairs.
If you can get it on its side it’s worth checking the rubber ones just in case.
They are a pain when they go wrong.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
My only advise is to buy a Bosch. ?
I love our I-dos enabled one. Bought it when we moved house, didn’t expect the previous guy to leave a new unused washing mashing in the outbuilding. I won on not returning the Bosch one. Couldn’t do without i-dos anymore.