Advice Please

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Afternoon all, i've just purchased a used set of of Ping i20s , 4-SW, for £125. I wasn't sure what I was getting until they arrived today and i have to say i'm pleasantly surprised. They're in great condition apart from the the fact that the numbers on the sole have lost their black infill/paint. The OCD in me wants this rectified asap and i wondered what people would recommend to bring them back to former glories. I could try a sharpie i guess ?? ANy ideas , please let me know. thanks. Drewster

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think model paints are your best bet. And a small brush. and a steady hand.

I am sure someone will be along with better info soon!

RangeMonkey

Visit site
Probably model paints. Enamels (such as Humbrol) are the most hard wearing. Wipe down with acetone or white spirit and let dry thoroughly, first. Model shops also sell fine brushes that will make it easier.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
A mate of mine does putters with model acrylic paints. My daughter’s 5 iron looks the same as her Sand from the sole so I painted her number 5 pink.

The trick is tidying the edges.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
And not having a go but I’d have benefitted from the title being something like “repainting iron numbers”. I normally walk past non descriptive titles. Just some friendly feedback ?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
A mate of mine does putters with model acrylic paints. My daughter’s 5 iron looks the same as her Sand from the sole so I painted her number 5 pink.

The trick is tidying the edges.

Acrylic paint, see HobbyCraft for a raft of colours. Clean it, fill it, don't worry about overspill, let it dry - don't be in a hurry here. Then get a bit of tissue, a little nail polish remover and gently wipe over around the edges. The excess paint outside the fill will wipe off very easily. It's a doddle.