Advice on planning four balls

kitelobster

Visit site
Dear Fellow Golfers,

Over 2 year ago I started a golf group at work to play with colleagues and it didn’t take long before this became more stressful than the job. It was simply so difficult to know who had the time and also not to upset anyone by inviting too many colleagues in the hope to have a four ball. Frequently I’d end up with 4+ colleagues saying yes and I had no possibility of booking tee-times for so many guests at my club. Have you experience this problem? Well I simply couldn’t find a solution, not even doodle.com or even facebook could really help so I built my own.

I posted a thread giving the link to my web-based tool, but the admins of the forum have asked me to first get to know you before offering things for free. If you are interested how the 4ball scheduler works and would like to give it a try please send me a message and I will pass on the link.

All the best,

Robin

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
I tried to organise a works golf society. And I got 11 people who would 'definitely be interested in playing'. But when push came to shove and tee timed needed booking 5 people committed, then the weekend before one sliced his thumb open, so that left me with the perfect 4.

So my advice is take the number of people who express a strong interest, half it, take one or two more off, and you'll end up with the number that will actually turn up. Simples.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I might suggest that it's not the tool that's the issue with such things but the 'rules' you develop, and the arrangements you are able to make with courses and clubs.

kitelobster

Visit site
I might suggest that it's not the tool that's the issue with such things but the 'rules' you develop, and the arrangements you are able to make with courses and clubs.
I'm not that one that makes the rule, my Golf Club only allows me to book one flight before 1pm. I have 36 people in my group and they don't all need to play at my course, so the benfit of this web tool is they can arrange their own 4ball at another club and colleagues can then sign up with them. There is no chasing people to see if they want to play, its self-service :D

Just let me know if you are interested and I'll send you the web-link. The more people that try it, the more honest feedback I get; and did I forget to say it's free to use.

D

Deleted Member 1156

The way you are describing this with 'flights' sounds very American, are you UK based and if not, will this be any use to people in the UK?

kitelobster

Visit site
The way you are describing this with 'flights' sounds very American, are you UK based and if not, will this be any use to people in the UK?
I'm Scottish and living in Germany, "flight" is a word they also use here. I've attached some screenshots to lift the mystery on the tool:

Would this be useful for you too?

Attachments

• 4Ball.jpg
    4Ball.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 4BallCreate.jpg
    4BallCreate.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 14

kitelobster

Visit site
Does the tool have a list of all the UK courses?
The tool is totally open and you can add the courses you usually play at with friends. It is specifically geared around organizing golfing friends and too many courses in the drop-down choice list would only frustrate more than help. If you are intereseted in trying it drop me a message and I'll pass on the link.