Advice on Good Club Fitters East Anglia area

cunnini

Visit site
Hi,

Newbie on here - i'm coming back to golf after 25 years of playing once or twice a year, so i bought some second-hand clubs and joined a club. I'm wanting a fitting for new clubs, driver and woods at first (as second hand Mizuno irons am hitting fine), but woods are all 20+ years old.

My question is, lots of places do fitting (AG, etc), but i'm wanting someone who is very experienced at fitting plus has wide variety of clubs, shafts etc. I'm happy to travel hour or two from Cambridge, so who can advise please!

thanks
Cunnini

MiurasFan

Blackballed
Visit site
Cambridge Club Fitting might fit the bill, though may not be all that different from AG etc.
If you want to go to a proper fitter in a single step, then Lee Porter in Ingatestone has a very good reputation. Though I'd suggest a 2 step process, finding out what works for you now, then getting properly fitted for your 'lifetime' set once you commit to the time and cost involved. Your club Pro could well help with identifying your first set.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
If you want to go to a proper fitter in a single step, then Lee Porter in Ingatestone has a very good reputation. Though I'd suggest a 2 step process, finding out what works for you now, then getting properly fitted for your 'lifetime' set once you commit to the time and cost involved. Your club Pro could well help with identifying your first set.

I don't think Lee does what you might call traditional fittings anymore. Last time I saw him a couple of years ago he was moving away from club fitting and his current website shows a bias towards evaluation of how a current golfer interacts with his gear and how it can be improved.

Having said that....his reputation is pretty much second to none and is well deserved.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you are happy to drive a couple of hours from Cambridge, then Golf Principles would be my shout. They have opened a new studio in Crawley. Or can head to Basingstoke.

If you don’t want to travel that far, then Custom Lab in Hitchin is probably the one

oleinone

Visit site
How long have you been playing since the restart? Have you been having lessons/sought the advice of your pro?

cunnini

Visit site
yes, have been laying again since Summer, had probably 10 lessons, now having them monthly but from teaching pro, not club pro. Recently joined local club but pro shop range is quite limited. Teaching pro recommends finding good local fitter, but the great guy locally (Jack @ Kingsway) has left and gone back to work for Titleist.