Adventures in Golf

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm probably late to the party with this, I usually am with anything related to social media, but does anyone else enjoy 'Adventures in Golf' on the Skratch YouTube channel?

The content really appeals to me as it's about golfers, rather than golf. The production values can't be faulted, it's beautifully shot, has great sound and is well scripted and edited. The presenter, Erik, is very personable, very casual and seems quite thoughtful and centred. He will offer insights about what golf means to him and what he believes is the the appeal and the benefits that we all feel. He doesn't seem to care whether the people he's meeting play off scratch, or can only nob it 20 yards; he just shares their stories about where, how and why they play. He lives in Southern California and has their laid back attitude (don't watch if you get twitchy at the sight of an untucked shirt). Sorry, but I believe I might have a little man crush on Erik!

If you've never watched it, give it a go. I didn't learn anything about my golf swing, but I learnt a lot about the world. There are dozens to try but this is one of my favourites...

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Two that stick in my mind are when he visits the Wimbledon common clubs. The scene where he visits "Royal" Wimbledon is priceless.

The episode when he goes to Switzerland to play hornussen, which isn't golf, is brilliant.

carldudley

Visit site
I do really like Erik's channel as well as the stuff they put on Skratch.

He came to visit my club and can't believe I did get to meet him.

Interesting review of London Scottish (one on Wimbledon Common)

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
I like his stuff, but not all the time - sometimes the narration and production values are a little more than they need to be - but he's been to some very interesting places with very interesting people. He used to be married to Sia (popstar). This says more about me, but the videos he did with Kevin from the US Office are great - very little substance and sub-standard (for his capability) golf!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Two that stick in my mind are when he visits the Wimbledon common clubs. The scene where he visits "Royal" Wimbledon is priceless.

Instantly transported me back to the 1980's when the shop was to the right of the clubhouse and Royal Wimbledon was even more snooty than in the video. They hated a bylaw which allowed Merton residents to play for £10 after 2.00pm on a Monday

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site

The episode when he goes to Switzerland to play hornussen, which isn't golf, is brilliant.
Yes, Royal Wimbledon really didn't do themselves any favours in that one.

D

Deleted member 29109

Along with his Random Golf Club Films channel. It’s some of the best golf content on YouTube. And an antidote for the pompous nature of most golf we see in the UK.

Some of the handheld sections of film don’t sit well with me though ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
There use to be a national junior competition sponsored by Aer Lingus when I was at school and they held the regional qualifier at Royal Wmbledon. They hated having loads of kids around the place as well as PE teachers (some in their tracksuits from the less posh schools - there were loads of grammar school kids) mooching around while we played. Didn't let anyone including the kids use the clubhouse bar the toilets