Ad333 or Soft Feel

Yogidog1

Visit site
Afternoon all,just want people’s thoughts on these,I am high handicapper(26)I have been playing with Srixon soft feel through the winter they have been ok,had a lesson with the pro and he says I should be using Ad333’s ? I have a slow swing speed.Soft feel or Ad333 ?

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
Afternoon all,just want people’s thoughts on these,I am high handicapper(26)I have been playing with Srixon soft feel through the winter they have been ok,had a lesson with the pro and he says I should be using Ad333’s ? I have a slow swing speed.Soft feel or Ad333 ?

Take the advice of the pro who has taught you over loads of internet strangers that know nothing about your swing.

Unless of course he appears to have a huge surplus of those balls he’s trying to shift at your expense.

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
Or Ultisoft ?
Both the Soft Feel and Ultisoft are for slow(er) swing speeds.
I used to play AD333 until trying the Soft Feel on a tracking device. There was negligible distance difference but the Soft Feel had different spin characteristics, which for me were positive, giving less dispersion. My Pro recommended I change to Soft Feel which I did.

User20204

Visit site
Take the advice of the pro who has taught you over loads of internet strangers that know nothing about your swing.

Unless of course he appears to have a huge surplus of those balls he’s trying to shift at your expense.

Think that's a fair comment and I always find it mildly amusing folk asking strangers these type of questions though usually a lot worse, do I need a stiff shaft etc, anyway, in this particular case I believe being a 26 player the ball won't make a huge amount of difference at this point in time.

Smasher

Medal Winner
Visit site
I lose distance with soft feel, someone else said that about them to. When I find them I try different years and all the same outcome.
I don't lose distance with Wilson DX2 soft so it's not that particular type of ball.

D

Deleted member 1147

Use whichever is cheapest, off 26 it’ll make no difference & the cheaper they are the less impact on the wallet when you lose them.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I've mainly used Soft Feel for the past couple of years, but have also used AD333s as well. Little difference in reality, but I feel happier using a Soft Feel.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
There isn't much difference between any ball these days, at least as far as distance is concerned. To me, it's all about putting and the feel (sound) off the putter. I believe they have hardened up somewhat, but the original Soft Feels (many years ago) were, to me, horrible to putt with - so were rejected! They also had sme strange characteristics with Driver (distinctly - aka 15-20 yds - shorter) and irons (a club or more longer!).

AD333s are good value, i believe. It's highly debateable whether it's worth getting (new) Premium balls if, as a (wayward) high handicapper, you are going to lose them often. You could try premium Lake Balls, but I suggest you stay away fron 'refurbished' ones.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Completely different view but I believe that you will 'feel' a difference when striking these two balls, especially around the green.
If you do, then go with the one that gives you the greatest confidence (for whatever reason).
If you can't then use any ball you find (and save money)
Underlying ball performance isn't going to be an issue.