Accidentally stood on my ball

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Ah, the joys of never being in a divot. What is wrong at your place that requires this? Sounds like a cow field.

That’s a bit harsh ? it was a cow field when first opened but year on year it has improved to the point the SGU described our finishing hole one of the best in Scotland.

The course was built on a peat hill and taken alot of work to improve the course.

Swango1980

Visit site
That’s a bit harsh ? it was a cow field when first opened but year on year it has improved to the point the SGU described our finishing hole one of the best in Scotland.

The course was built on a peat hill and taken alot of work to improve the course.
I'm not sure how it would be ever acceptable to submit scores for handicaps at your course, given that you will never have a dodgy lie. It is rare to be in a divot (but it happens), but I have had plenty of less than perfect lies on fairway, such as on a little ridge (upslope or downslope) or sitting down a little.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm not sure how it would be ever acceptable to submit scores for handicaps at your course, given that you will never have a dodgy lie. It is rare to be in a divot (but it happens), but I have had plenty of less than perfect lies on fairway, such as on a little ridge (upslope or downslope) or sitting down a little.

I will ask at club next time I’m there, I very much doubt that that knowing how the club is run this rule will not have been sanctioned.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Asked at the club about this and was assured that the golf union guy who was at our club sanctioned this.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
We also have pick and place in all year round which is allowed apparently, within 6 inches and not nearer the hole.

I understand this is because we are in the new forest on common land and there are rules over how they can look after the courses, fairways can only be cut at certain times of the year for example. We also have animals freely roaming on the course, so quite a bit of animal damage at times.

Even with this rule in place, I tend not to use it unless I’m some animal damage.