A-Z vinyl collection

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Today is easy. Talking Heads. As far as I am concerned, the best band ever. I shall just start at the beginning and work my way through the lot. If there's time enough in the day that is.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Spent much time yesterday listening to a good few rarely listened to Ss but ended up - inevitably I suppose, with my long standing favourites - but from that lot a fairly arbitrary choice of three and then top as I t could have been any from a dozen or so. So no Steely Dan, Simple Minds, Rod Stewart, Sade or plethora of other greats - and no Al Stewart a Year of the Cat!

3rd - The Style Council - Cafe Blue (1984) The Paris Match, and You’re the Best Thing - and Mrs Hogie’s fave album
2nd - Supertramp - Crisis? What Crisis? (1975) - a real tough toss up between three and can’t believe CotC didn’t make it
1st - Santana Abraxas (1970) - 50 yrs old but still as great as ever. I know it inside out. Probably my most played album the lot.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Spent much time yesterday listening to a good few rarely listened to Ss but ended up - inevitably I suppose, with my long standing favourites - but from that lot a fairly arbitrary choice of three and then top as I t could have been any from a dozen or so. So no Steely Dan, Simple Minds, Rod Stewart, Sade or plethora of other greats - and no Al Stewart a Year of the Cat!

3rd - The Style Council - Cafe Blue (1984) The Paris Match, and You’re the Best Thing - and Mrs Hogie’s fave album
2nd - Supertramp - Crisis? What Crisis? (1975) - a real tough toss up between three and can’t believe CotC didn’t make it
1st - Santana Abraxas (1970) - 50 yrs old but still as great as ever. I know it inside out. Probably my most played album the lot.

I think Crisis? What Crisis? was much underrated of their albums. I played it back to back with Crime of the Century a couple of weeks back, and then followed them up with Even in the Quietest Moments. My fav Supertramp track is Fool's Overture but I don't think the album has the same level of consistency as the previous two. 40+ years ago... we're getting old Hugh.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
I think Crisis? What Crisis? was much underrated of their albums. I played it back to back with Crime of the Century a couple of weeks back, and then followed them up with Even in the Quietest Moments. My fav Supertramp track is Fool's Overture but I don't think the album has the same level of consistency as the previous two. 40+ years ago... we're getting old Hugh.
Yes those 3 are a fabulous trio of albums.
But let me declare my heretical opinion that the post-Hodgson album "Some Things Never Change" is right up there. When I think about it, I've always been more drawn to the songs written by Rick Davis, so that might explain it.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Omg late addition to the S section
How did I miss out the fantastic Dusty Springfield.

I’ll have to start the T section a few minutes late today ??

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I
Yes those 3 are a fabulous trio of albums.
But let me declare my heretical opinion that the post-Hodgson album "Some Things Never Change" is right up there. When I think about it, I've always been more drawn to the songs written by Rick Davis, so that might explain it.
I only recently realised the significance of the yellow and white type of the lyrics of CotC ?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Easy choice of a single band album for me

Tangerine Dream - Force Majeure. One of my go to records for late night listening in a darkened room with headphones on. One of those records that you want to totally immerse yourself in.

Had I a second choice I would go for a genre rather than a band - Tamla Mowtown and the Silver Album Mowtown Chartbusters 3 is probably the best of the compilation albums.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Tina Turner now being played. What a performer she was. If anyone needs a good night out when the :poop:storm is over they could do a lot worse than going to see Tina - The Musical. (y)

Simply The Best just about sums her up.